Banned
>I've lived alone all my life to avoid feeling like this
I don't think a phrase in manga ever resumed my life so good like this

This was so depressing
His "friend" always hated him
No one will remember him as he didn't do anything
And in his original life he had nothing to live for
Depressing man

This chapter stung in a million ways I couldn't imagine it would, at first I thought it was going to be a scene I had seen in a million different liar revealed type plots where the main character offends the side character when they say something they shouldn't have, but then she just calmly accepted everything he said. Then the rest of the chapter happens. It's like a rollercoaster where they make you expect a drop, but then it doesn't drop and you think it'll be fine, THEN THE PERSON SITTING NEXT TO YOU PICKS YOU UP AND THROWS YOU OFF THE ROLLERCOASTER! This plays with reader expectations so well that I can't even be mad, masterclass level writing right here.

While I wouldn't call this much of a flaw, as it's something that comes with almost all works of fiction and the shock of the situation will distract most readers from this, the idea that Himeno was able to treat the protag the same way she always did with the same sarcastic quips and even adding in genuine looking romantic interest for the entire time she hated him even leading up to her suicide is pretty unbelievable. Really depressingly poetic that his outburst and her spite is what saved her though...

oof this man's relationships and life was one big lie and disappointment

why tho ....when did himeno start hating him and why? the supposed to commit suicide scene was from 10 years ago right? but she said that she hated him for not responding to the cries for help which for example was the letter but that was after they separated so why did she resent him before?

it needs to be considered that the batshit crazy actions were committed by someone also batshit crazy, driven by many things including past trauma like rape etc

Double-page supporter
Why would Himeno want to kill herself though? This chapter was so sad I'm glad they added that little scene at the end.

why would the girl hate him tho ? she sent cries of help to which he sent a letter back then why would she despise him that much

@Strollas yeah, it just doesn't make sense. All that means that he could've changed and made his lifespan worth more, and he sold it for nothing in the end

Users who are viewing this thread