I Sold My Life for 10,000 Yen per Year. - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

It's crazy real and sad how individuals can just vanish out of your life and never be heard from again if the gap in conversation is too long.

They just disappear back into the sea of 7 billion people, almost like all those times spent in the past were simply poofed out of existence and gets reset.

What did he expect? For them to be all chumny or what? He saw it from his friend Naruse, they havent talked for 10 years, there is littlenreason for them to reconnect. Hes selfish. And he knows it too. Hes going to die soon, yet he still wants to continue being a burden to people who wants to forget about their past. I really can't feel kich for this MC right now

Dex-chan lover
humu
why?
why she despised her? coz he can't decipher her unusually cheerful letter?
coz she thinks he's doing better in life?
now she realized his in a deeper shithole she felt satisfied and won't kill herself in front of him anymore?
just because of that???

expected but still felt deppressed

also why he throw all the money away? that one i can't fathom
nvm remembered he actually planned to give it all to her
pain

nah she's not
Aiko
2.0 in any way, still felt bad for her :(

Yeah, I felt bad for her after hearing how her life went but not anymore I can’t think of a reason for her to rightfully hate him.
Pain

Dex-chan lover
Basically it‘s simple:
Himeno and him were lost causes already at the age of 10 but they were bound to be together, to at least ease the pain a little bit.
She had to move which led to losing this connection. She talked about being a smartass at the age of 10 only to emphasize that this later on probably led to some foolish (naive) behavior, resulting in her pregnancy. I don‘t assume the husband was the father of the child as they only married a year after the child was born. Maybe she was raped. And in her misery she sent a letter to her only real friend, that was always as miserable as her and understood her. And she told him in a way, only someone that knows her would understand to then get a reply which causes her to lose all hope. Cuz she couldn‘t speak openly about the pregnancy/ being raped as she did not have the courage. With her whole misery being somewhat bearable knowing she‘s not alone, that time has passed now so she focused all her resentment to him instead of the people that actually deserve it.

it‘s good that at least the point is taken that she is actually insane in her behavior and this isn‘t „deserved“ in any way. It should never be. I mean give him a call or something and don‘t end your life on ONE letter. I don‘t know if it‘s a problem with the translation but as it‘s saying „calls“ as if she tried to reach out to him several times, that is really a big exaggeration.

But man this hits hard. Also getting older and realizing how little friends remain over time just makes this manga worse, hitting dem feels

Fed-Kun's army
Am I the crazy one for thinking that him and Himeno are actually going towards reconcilliation, but both of them just walked away?
They both went from expecting each other to read their minds to actually communicating, even if it hurts each other. This is a crucial first step to fixing their relationship and perhaps correcting Himeno's life.

Japanese culture is kinda nuts sometimes, non-confrontational to the point of running away from relationships rather than fixing them.

Users who are viewing this thread