I want to pick a dropped scanlation but I'm a bit worried

Group Leader
I don't know where else to talk about this, so I thought I'd just do it here.
So I read this manhwa called Monk! (https://mangadex.org/title/6563/monk), but the scanlation is unfinished, so I'm taking on the task of finishing it myself.
However the scanlation has been dead for 10 years, and I've barely seen anyone talk this series at all, let alone anyone desiring for it to be picked up again. What's getting me worried is that I feel like no one is going to notice it, no one will care, and that I'd be doing this all for nothing and I was just wasting my time.
Sometimes I wonder if it's really all worth it.

Group Leader
Friend, I know how you feel. I have been trying to create awareness for both NOW by Park Sung-Woo or Onikirimaru Den by Kusunoki Kei which were dropped both on the scanlation and official scene only to be bothered by feeling people nowadays might not enjoy them. I say you take the risk but, take it from me, make sure you have a stable team.

Hey man I'd say go for it! Some translations have been dead for years and as soon as they finally get picked up again they get big! Partly because there's way more readers than translaters. For example Mozuya-san is waaaaay behind in translation (finished in Japan years ago) but because someone is translating it I'm really enjoying it!

Group Leader
@el-kaichou Sorry to hear that, I was once part of a team doing speed scanlations for Orient only to be its sole member when the staff started to quit. Good thing I found a new translator to work on chapters 77-93 but the whole experience made rethink pulling one-man projects.

Group Leader
I 'm sure there's enough reader out there for the mnga . 
one of my current (old mangas) projects... I 'd say the most underrated manga. I  don't even see this manga on mangadex, mangaupdates. It's not all digital you can purchase.. only a physical book. That 's hard, too, due to a lot of limitations. @el-kaichou

Users who are viewing this thread