I Woke up as the Ugly Duckling - Ch. 3

Disappointing. I thought this was going to be one where they achieved things in their "ugly" state. She wasn't even ugly. Just chubby. I would have preferred if she was strong and lost weight naturally because she no longer binge-ate OUT OF DEPRESSION and anxiety. Why give it this title when she was "ugly" for just the beginning?

the fact that she just shed off her fat like that. so disappointing, what was the point of having her being obese in the first place?

I hate the tropes like this. Where she is "ugly" because she's fat and everyone hates her for it. Then suddenly the transmigrator loses the weight (way too easily by the way) and everyone loves her. It makes me really self conscious about my body. But, if there is a weight loss technique like that, sign me up!

Maybe I am wrong but from what I understood she was called ugly since before becoming "fat" and on the contrary started eating a lot because she was in depression for being called ugly and stupid... For me she was bulimic (I think that the word?)

On another note, I would really like to shed my fat so easily like that xD

Why they always associates fat to ugly??? I have a friend, she’s fat, but he’s very pretty and she’s very confident about herself and many guys attracted to her with no problem. And I don’t even try to butter my words here, because she is Indeed beautiful! Oh well but then again this is A Korean manhwa. And it’s well known their society is really care about appearance.

It's not just Korea. Are you kidding me. If you're just slightly overweight in my country, people will openly tell you you're fat and kids make fun of you. In the US, even though 30% of the population is obese, fat people still get bullied. It's more obvious if you look at like YouTube comments, what people truly think. What you're expected to look like.

But I agree it's disappointing she just lost her weight immediately, that was a big eye roll moment.

Dex-chan lover
Please share how to breathe cause I also want this natural alternative to beauty water. 💦

jesus fuck, the fatphobia. people might find fat undesirable, but it's literally just fat. it's energy. 'waste' my fucking ass. a more realistic (lol) and less fatphobic way to go about it would have been to convert that fat to mana or something and burn it away that way.

Dex-chan lover
Well that was fast. But i like that at least the MC appreciated sylvia's looks even before this change

Well that was fast I was expecting a workout montage but oh well magic weight loss go brrrr i guess

Users who are viewing this thread