Ie ga Moete Jinsei Dou Demo Yoku Natta kara, Nokotta Nakenashi no Kin de Dark Elf no Dorei o Katta.

Double-page supporter
@fall19 Depends on the supply and demand of slaves and whether or not there are magical slave collars that force obedience.

Random number but if you can buy a person for 1 month's salary worth, and feeding them for a month doesn't even amount to 1/5th worth of a monthly salary, that's fucking profit. This assuming you're using them for menial labor and not something that needs extensive training beforehand.

Dex-chan lover
5 bux says the low rating is purely due to the slave aspect and nothing more despite people knowing full well what this will be about.

welp he asked to get the comments so that is what he/she shall recive

please translate more of this

@Degernase unskilled workers spent the vast majority of their money on stuff that you would also have to provide the slaves. they would be lucky if they had plentiful food the idea that you could feed a slave on 1/5 of a wage is ridiculous.

in the US in 1850 the average price of a slave was 600$, laborers made around 1$ a day

Double-page supporter
@fall19 That's why I said it depends on the supply and demand of slaves, which would set a basis for the price even though there would be some variance.

Also keep in mind that this is a fantasy manga, hiring fighters to dungeon dive for valuables means that the employed would need to be compensated enough that they consider it superior to forming their own party, which in turn makes it questionable how much profits the employer would see.

You can't really judge the profitability of slavery in a fantasy setting with such broad strokes, like comparing it with a brief moment in our own history of slavery. I assure you, slavery was much more profitable BC than in 1850.

EDIT:
idea that you could feed a slave on 1/5 of a wage is ridiculous.
You're right, that's a number I pulled out of my ass. In fact the lowest paying full time job (before taxes) in my country uses 1/8th of said income on food in a one-person household. After taxes it coincidentally aligns with my random estimate of 1/5th.

Double-page supporter
@Kuroku
5 bux says the low rating is purely due to the slave aspect and nothing more despite people knowing full well what this will be about.
I can get behind the slave aspect but so far their relationship feels pretty forced (pun not intended) and I've read manga with the exact same "buy slave & dungeon dive" premise that have pulled it off better.

Can't judge it fairly with so few chapters and I have to say that ~6.85 is pretty generous for fantasy manga such as this. (Going by average mangadex rating of similar things).

When they said guns I imagined wheel-locks or flintlocks and thought that finally an author had realized firearms became prominent in the late medieval/early renaissance period that almost all fantasy imitates. But it was scoped bolt-action rifles with pencil-barrels and bayonet lugs along Roman and Viking-era short swords. That's just stupid. Yeah, let's see, a Mauser 98k or a gladius. Hmm ... I wonder which is best ....

Takes fifteen minutes of research online, even for someone who knows nothing about historical weapons, to realize how silly that is.

@Degernase you didn't have farm equipment and gmo crops. people spending 1/5 of their wages on food now doesn't mean anything. food prices are ridiculously low. until recently starvation was the biggest limiting factor on population.

Cant believe im talking about stuff like this on a generic shitty manga about slave waifus lol. im gonna give it a rest.

Double-page supporter
@fall19 That's why I'm saying that you can't use our current or past history to make judgements on the profitability of slavery in a fantasy manga with magic and guns. Maybe in another 20 chapters of world building (heh, as if we're going to get world building :^) there would be more to base an argument on.

Translate more please and thanks. forget about what all them haters think. It's fun, and silly, and it's good.

I want to like this but Why does a world with swords have high end rifled guns >_>; it just boggles my mind flintlocks ok but that thing looks like a modern rifle and at least two high magazine pistols....

Users who are viewing this thread