Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 11 Ch. 79 - What is it, Senpai?

Dex-chan lover
So that was the reason Nagatoro quit Judo? If that's really the whole picture, please call out her bullshit, Paisen.

Kinda disappointed in Nagatoro for quitting at the first sign of losing. Senpai is right, this isn't like her at all. If she continues on with this sort of thinking, she deserves to lose.

Some of you really don’t understand how absolutely soul crushing it can be to watch someone significantly worse than you quickly grow to surpass you. It’s not like she just lost, I’m sure she’s lost before, it’s that someone that was way worse than her surpassed her and beat her by a significant margin. If it was a close match or someone she didn’t know then she probably wouldn’t have taken it nearly as hard

Dex-chan lover
@ToddSama the scanlation group is called /a/nonymous, them putting in 4chin's lingo is expected to say the least.
You should check out any of Chillock's work, you'll be seething with anger lmao

Dex-chan lover
@Entryhazard

I don't think it was that long ago. The loss could have been as recently as the last year of middle school.

She says they started as kids in the same dojo. "A kid" is like what, eight years old. They're sixteen now. If they did Judo together for three years and Nagatoro stopped at eleven, sure, she has no chance. But would she still be as hung up over it in that case?

But most importantly, Orihara herself clearly thinks that Nagatoro can still give her a good match. She wouldn't do that if their last match was five years ago and Nagatoro had no chance of winning whatsoever - that'd be like making fun of her. For someone who fought Nagatoro on a regular basis in the dojo, one year could easily qualify as "it's been a while". She doesn't even seem to be aware that Nagatoro basically quit Judo since then, and that definitely puts a limit on how long ago it could have been. There's no chance that Orihara had five years to get further ahead. Two years, at most.

That means they did Judo together for far longer than they didn't, and it took all of that time for Orihara to come close enough to Nagatoro in terms of technique to spot a weakness and win, just once. Chances are at that point Nagatoro was actually still the better fighter in terms of technique! They just reached a point where their match-up had moved to 1-9 instead of 0-10. Sure, she hasn't competed for a while, and that likely tilts the scales in Orihara's favor. But there is no evidence to suggest that the matchup flipped all the way to 10-0 in the other direction.

Don't drink Nagatoro's kool-aid. She's rationalized her way into believing it was hopeless after just one loss and has been running ever since. Her thinking is driven by emotion, not reason. She is not a reliable source. Orihara's attitude is a far better indicator. If she thinks Nagatoro is still an exciting opponent, that's enough for me. Hell, Nagatoro is likely the entire reason she still bothers with the high school tournament.

Sorry ppl, but you totally miss the point. It's not about working hard, geniusness, or talent. It's about passion. Remember why Nagatoro likes senpai in the first place. She admires his passion for art. So we have someone who passionate about sports (martial arts in particular) and some half-assed crybaby. In the end with the support from the passionate one this whiny crybaby somehow became Olympic candidate. Obviously the passionate one feels devastated. By the way, hard work is not shown. It's not even implied. Maybe Orihara is a genius of judo, not the other way around.

Do y'all not realize how depressing it is to stagnate at something to the point where someone who used to be significantly worse than you can now easily beat you? especially when you only have the maturity of a high schooler

Fed-Kun's army
So basically, nagatoro had talent but no potential, and she had no talent but a fuck ton of potential? sounds like me, talent but not potential

Dex-chan lover
Hoh...?

Smart man.

I shall continue my observation of your career with renewed interest.

Users who are viewing this thread