Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 20 Ch. 149 - Your voice is kinda shrieky, Senpai

Dex-chan lover
Nagatoro could have questioned it further to make he tell the truth, instead she went behind his back and looked at his stuff, it's not out of malice but she still chose to do it instead of being in the spur of the moment like him.

The facts are simple, he panicked and lied, then she looked at his stuff, one bad action doesn't justify another, both are at fault, but one is still worse than the other since she could have pressed the issue instead of invading his privacy.
Well said in each of your replies throughout this conversation! I'm specifically noting this part of this reply, though, because this is what I think most of the Naoto naysayers aren't getting; he has always lied about things with little lies about the situation in the moment because of panic, then later (sometimes the same scene, others a bit later after he's able to calm down and think things through), tells the truth; it never was in the context of their relationship, however, so it never came across as being all that big a deal. Similarly, Nagatoro has never really respected his boundaries before, but it was always lighthearted or regarding very surface-level stuff, so her behaviour has gotten a pass, but now she's gone further than before (especially as she's always just pressed the issue and gotten a confession out of him before) and violated his privacy. They need to both apologize to each other and realize what they both did wrong in this situation, since their usual methods aren't appropriate when in a relationship that they intend to take seriously.

Dex-chan lover
I hope they talk about it on the way back home, but it does still become something they mull over as things continue to properly talk about.

For how open they try to be with one another, I trust Nanashi to actually have them talk, if maybe not getting them to fully understand each other, and that defining their relationship in better terms is the next part of development they go through.

Dex-chan lover
It’s wild how many people in the comments are comparing seeing someone nude in a professional setting to cheating. You can really get a sense of who’s actually been in something resembling a healthy relationship (or just majors in art, apparently).
Exactly a fine example. mc needs to grow up a little. The fact he over thought it, and was acting sketchy over it, and made Nagatoro a little upset over it too. Nagatoro is, and isn't in the wrong to take a look at the drawing. As in the past there was no boundary whether she could or couldn't look at his paintings/drawings. Frankly mc is in the wrong here. He's putting up a boundary now which will hinder their relationship going forward. It's like can i do this, and can i do that. A is akin to walking on eggshells.

Dex-chan lover
He lied.

She snooped.

First relationship conflict is GO for Nagatoro.
Agreed. In the past there was no boundary whether she could take a look or not. In fact he was all too eager to show them off to her. So she's in the right, and in the wrong at the same time.
What's worst mc is placing boundaries now so early in the relationship.
Especially over something oh so minor.

Dex-chan lover
I find wild how some people justify Nagatoro, was Naoto wrong for lying to her independent of the reason? Arguably yes, but that's irrelevant, you don't mess with people stuff without their permission, there's no justifying that.

And just to reinforce my point, I dare most of you to go through your lover stuff without their permission, go ahead and see how that goes in real life.
Actually in the past Naoto was all too eager to show off his work. This time he refused to tell her what it was, and tried to hide it. Frankly she didn't need permission to see his work as he was eager to do it. Frankly the problem here is. Naoto placed an invisible unspoken boundary over this drawing. To Nagatoro she's thinking why what's different about this drawing.

Dex-chan lover
some things that are false:
  • if a girl is upset, the man she's upset at has done something wrong
  • relationships are about "equality" and "boundaries" instead of sexual subordination between man & woman
  • machida's behavior is acceptable, since if a woman goes nude in a "professional" setting, it's automatically not "sexual" (except if she decides it is)

Dex-chan lover
Honestly this like a wife getting mad at her doctor husband who is doing a physical on one of his patients who happened to be a woman. Like, bro, really? Part of the territory to see the naked human form.

As soon as he trips and falls and sticks his dick inside of her, THEN you can call me with your justified rage.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Damn, Machi is fine as fuck.
So is it confirmed that she has sort of a crush on Paisen? Or is it just a combination of jealousy and voyeur tendencies acquired from Prez?
I'm pretty sure it's the latter. One of her colleagues even said she's mimicking "Shogun" too much (which was their nickname for Sana Sunomiya, the busty art club president whom Machida and the others also knew). I highly doubt she has a crush on Naoto.

There are no right or wrong in these situation and Naoto slightly lied about the "sculpture" or didn't properly convey it to her and Nagotoro found about the "sculpture" and has rightfully mad or jealous about it but she invaded his privacy without permission and Naoto feeling betray for it is justified.

Double-page supporter
I find wild how some people justify Nagatoro, was Naoto wrong for lying to her independent of the reason? Arguably yes, but that's irrelevant, you don't mess with people stuff without their permission, there's no justifying that.

And just to reinforce my point, I dare most of you to go through your lover stuff without their permission, go ahead and see how that goes in real life.
If there had been any previous instance of him asking her not to look at the stuff he's working on, I would agree. But their whole relationship is based around Nagatoro pushing his boundaries. "Bullying him". Without that, they wouldn't even be talking to each other. Complaining about it now when he hasn't made a point of it before isn't justified. He's only upset because it exposed his lie, not because it's some kind of breach of trust. And the lie itself was dumb because she already knew he had to draw nudes ocassionaly.

Different people have different boundaries for what can be shared freely and what needs permission, and this "don't look at my paintings" comes entirely out of left field for these two. She's been looking at his paintings without asking all along and he was fine with it.

Users who are viewing this thread