Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 19 Ch. 139 - I released my nervousness into you, Senpai!

170px-Tom_Lea_-_2000_Yard_Stare.jpg

Orihara the entire chapter

Dex-chan lover
Orihara is likely just envious that Nagatoro did not give up everything in her life for judo like she did.
This. Orihara is an obvious foil to that girl from Paisen's exam group. Whereas she was shown to be angry about it and reacted as such, she was open about her feelings and as such the boil was lanced and she was able to be cleansed and calmed- in part because she already had friends who would support her. Orihara seems more the opposite, keeping everything internal and letting it fester, from day one, when Nagatoro stopped paying as much attention to Judo and started screwing around, only for her to come back just as strong as she ever was but with a big group of friends, a boyfriend, and a bright life ahead of her. This feels like it's resentment for being the one left behind, since it was said I think by Gamo-chan long ago, that Nakatoro was the only one that could challenge Orihara, so she's been listless, basically stagnant without any challenge and likely feeling directionless, ever since then.

Dex-chan lover
"Whether I win or lose, this is the end".

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
(With apologies to W. Churchill)

Aggregator gang
My prediction is a very good and close match but Nagatoro and Senpai will both end up with 2nd place.
I think they're on the semi finals now, so they have to face one more opponent before facing each other.

My prediction is it will mirror the Art contest. Orihara will lose while Nagatoro advances and loses to the opponent who beat Orihara. Nagatoro gets 2nd, while Orihara gets 3rd, never getting the chance to face off. That or they face off in the semi finals and Nagatoro beats her but loses the finals

Dex-chan lover
Very curious to see how things will go with Orihara

After a past experience of losing (sad for her since she was crying in the flashbacks), she surpassed Nagatoro but now she could have "fear" of losing so that's why getting very serious / serious faces / stalking and all. I believe she said it earlier, she "really did not want to lose" but it might actually happen because of the fear-mindset
I'm not sure it will really happen because of storyline purposes, i think nagatoro losing would be probably better, but Orihara losing would be somehow realistic despite the gap in skills

For the plots sake it probably won't happen, but it would be funny to see all that buildup be for nothing with orihara beating nagatoro

Here is my guess: Orihara beats Nagatoro and breaks into tears, because the victory has not brought her the happines she expected. She feels defeated.

Here is my guess: Orihara beats Nagatoro and breaks into tears, because the victory has not brought her the happines she expected. She feels defeated.

That is my guess as well. I think it may stem from the reaction Nagatoro would give to losing. I think Nagatoro would show real good sportsmanship, mainly to be a good sport in front of Paisen. I think this is what would set her off, because maybe deep down she wanted Nagatoro to have some major backlash raction, but when she doesn't get it, it will be incredibly anti-climactic and will just dissolve into sadness.

Dex-chan lover
could be jealousy. Orihara sacrificed probably quite a lot of free time and "youth" to get where she is.

but now Nagatoro, after a lengthy break, seems to have trained just a little bit and seems to be already be equal to her AND got a boyfriend AND a large group of friends who support her.
meanwhile Orihara is mostly shown alone. of course her team members congratulate her, give her pats on the back etc. but she is rarely shown in a group of friends.

so my assumption is that Orihara gets herself dragged down psychologically and loses to Nagatoro, after she disolves into a puddle of tears but gets lifted up again by Nagatoro and gets added to the friend group permanently.
I predict some form of tie, with a technical win for Orihara that leaves her really dissatisfied (don't know the rules of judo so maybe that's impossible). Then AFTER the fight comes the heartwrenching drama, resolution and reconciliation between them.

Aggregator gang
I predict some form of tie, with a technical win for Orihara that leaves her really dissatisfied (don't know the rules of judo so maybe that's impossible). Then AFTER the fight comes the heartwrenching drama, resolution and reconciliation between them.
perhaps orihara wins but feels empty inside and toro loses but still is happy, ori is like 'Y U NO SADGE, Y ME SADGE? I WINNED??!!!?!'

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it’s just me, but her witnessing them together twice without them noticing makes it seem like she is a bit of a stalker.

What is that look in Orihara's eyes? Love for Nagatoro? Has she realized that Nagatoro has something else she loves more than judo and that's why Nagatoro probably won't become a professional? She won't face Nagatoro in the future, which depresses her.

Orihara has always looked up to Nagatoro probably ever since she joined the same Dojo. Nagatoro was the unbeatable rival that suddenly disappeared after you (Orihara) started winning your matches against her and now she has returned and seems to be just as strong as you remember her being. I mean if she was in bounds in your last match you (Orihara) would have lost. Probably for the first time since you won against Nagatoro and she quit Judo.

I think that Orihara feels that Nagatoro had abandoned her once. Nagatoro is now back participating in Judo matches and Orihara is probably afraid that her rival will eventually abandon her again. When Nagatoro suddenly leaves the match area I feel that Orihara is trying to ensure that Nagatoro is not going to disappear on her again, and the fact that Nagatoro has met with her boyfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread