Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 19 Ch. 141 - I'm... I'm fighting for myself and for senpai!!

Dex-chan lover
You can clearly see that Nagatoro is the one throwing on pg21, where she is still pushing off the ground while Orihara is already airborne from being thrown. Naturally, a page later, Orihara has already landed mostly (one foot is just coming down, the other still in the air) while Toro is still completing her own roll forwards. No counter happened in this situation, and any counter would not have looked anything like this.
If anything could have gone wrong, then it would have been Nagatoro having only just run out of time, which is still a possibility. The timekeeper might still announce that the match had already run its course and that the ippon came too late.
Losing by running out of time would parallel Senpai's loss in his Judo match long ago. He was going for the pin when time ran out and and he lost on points. I forget what chapter and what was at stake. (Too many chapters and not enough time to search for it.)

Dex-chan lover
I have finished drop seoi on people bigger and stronger than me this exact same way.

Orihara's base is too compromised; if she tried to circle out she'd get thrown immediately. Her only recourse that far in is exactly what she does- try to hunker down and get heavy.
Except that is clearly not what she's doing. She's not dropping low at all, she's still standing and about as high up as Noodletoro's grip on her arm can let her. She appears to try and push away with her other arm, but that does fuckall in this sort of situation.

Dex-chan lover
Judo technicalities aside, I gotta say that despite the team captain having said she's neutral in the previous chapter, she has literally only been coaching Orihara all match. Surely there were things she could've said to coach Nagatoro as well. Or did she count herself in the Orihara supporters group to counter the peanut gallery after all?

Group Leader
Judo technicalities aside, I gotta say that despite the team captain having said she's neutral in the previous chapter, she has literally only been coaching Orihara all match. Surely there were things she could've said to coach Nagatoro as well. Or did she count herself in the Orihara supporters group to counter the peanut gallery after all?
She explicitly said as much, didn't she? Let me check.
She wasn't the one who said it, after all. But it wouldn't surprise me if she's doing so on purpose for balance, as you suggest.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I just miss the good old days of Yoshi and Gamo trying to maul Senpai :meguuusad:

Fed-Kun's army
Except that is clearly not what she's doing. She's not dropping low at all, she's still standing and about as high up as Noodletoro's grip on her arm can let her. She appears to try and push away with her other arm, but that does fuckall in this sort of situation.

uhhh...she's framing off and that's literally how you counter drop seoi

Dex-chan lover
uhhh...she's framing off and that's literally how you counter drop seoi

Sometimes I'm just wondering if people actually look at the illustrations before they comment... such as this time. She's not blocking the shoulder to prevent Nagatoro from rotating in at all. She's pressing against her shoulderblades from the back when the position has already been established, which does absolutely feckall in that position because it does nothing to negate the fulcrum that she's going to be rotated around. Guess why your little video does not mention that as a defense technique - because it does nothing!
Not to mention that you first claimed that she was "hunkering down and getting heavy", which of course she also does not do, and now suddenly claim that she was "framing off" instead. You can't even decide which wrong perception you want to go with!

Go back, look at pg 15 where the throw is initiated. Nagatoro can get into position without any issue. Neither is her shoulder being blocked to prevent her from spinning in, nor is Orihara dropping low. Her other hand isn't even touching Nagatoro at all at first! The bottom panel should be a millisecond away from Orihara being thrown, but for drama reasons, that does not happen and instead Nagatoro is magically stuck in the position and needs senpai magic to pull through, because it's manga and physics don't matter.

Fed-Kun's army
Sometimes I'm just wondering if people actually look at the illustrations before they comment... such as this time. She's not blocking the shoulder to prevent Nagatoro from rotating in at all. She's pressing against her shoulderblades from the back when the position has already been established, which does absolutely feckall in that position because it does nothing to negate the fulcrum that she's going to be rotated around. Guess why your little video does not mention that as a defense technique - because it does nothing!
Not to mention that you first claimed that she was "hunkering down and getting heavy", which of course she also does not do, and now suddenly claim that she was "framing off" instead. You can't even decide which wrong perception you want to go with!

Go back, look at pg 15 where the throw is initiated. Nagatoro can get into position without any issue. Neither is her shoulder being blocked to prevent her from spinning in, nor is Orihara dropping low. Her other hand isn't even touching Nagatoro at all at first! The bottom panel should be a millisecond away from Orihara being thrown, but for drama reasons, that does not happen and instead Nagatoro is magically stuck in the position and needs senpai magic to pull through, because it's manga and physics don't matter.

You pretty clearly don't know anything about judo so I'm a little confused as to why you're getting upset about this

Dex-chan lover
that was actually kind of hype. if this chapter was ever adapted though, I do hope they'll take extra care in explaining the point systems for Judo and whats considered a knockout win or just a point increase. other than that, I dunno why but It was fuckin hilarious when Senpai just screamed to "just throw her!" like its the simplest and most obvious thing for judo practicioners but this is Senpai we're talkin about here.

also why was orihara smiling like that? there were hints where she was looking very depressed or malding or something when she was eavesdropping Nagatoro and Senpai flirting. then suddenly she's like "this is fine I like this" during the bout. huh.

Users who are viewing this thread