Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 6 Ch. 42 - You're underestimating this match aren't you, Senpai?

s1

@cor3zone
When I started reading this series, I feel like the first few beginning chapters set it up that this is going to be a bullied-fantasy fulfillment story. So right then and there, I adjusted my views with regards to "abuse" because in this case, it was the "hook" of the story to begin with

Dex-chan lover
@sprite-1 That's fine, as long as one is acutely aware that it's fantasy. Some people talk like they think this is acceptable in real life.

Supporter
Well his art piece is definitely going to convey how much he’s head over heels for her.

He is the one who keeps letting stuff like that slip. Except that one time she exposed herself to him.

Fed-Kun's army
@sprite-1

People gotta remember 774's original version of this was pretty much just femdom fetish with no sweetness at all.

Damn. Chadpai strikes again. He's really getting more and more bold and confident with his statements even if he does say some of the things he does without realizing the implications of what he's saying. It's usually only after Nagatoro reacts and blushes heavily that he's like "Wait what? What did I just say?!". With how the previous chapter went and now this chapter it really feels like we're starting to enter the endgame. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we get a confession by the end of the exhibit (which Paisen will undoubtedly win) or at the end of the arc.

@twewyttst

I read that after I discovered this manga and was caught up (I think the manga was at 38 or 39 chapters atm). The original version was downright f'ed up. If people think Nagatoro is bad in this one then they seriously need to read that. Early chapters Nagatoro in this is a damn saint compared to the original Nagatoro.

s1

@cor3zone I can see some people getting off to that kind of treatment IRL actually, surprisingly enough

@sketches his art piece is going to be the volume 1 cover of Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san, where he announces he's working on a manga about her 👌

@twewyttst oh damn!

@cor3zone I'd only really call her a nasty bully in the beginning because at that point she bullied him to the point he cried and wasn't even apologetic about it and that did bother me. I personally think she toned down a lot when she confronted him about not getting angry at her and even admitted that the things she had said and done up to that point had been messed up. After that, when she went too far about Paisen's "sheep" hair and Paisen told her she took it too far she genuinely apologized and even looked apologetic as she didn't mean to hurt his feelings, although she quickly reverted to her light teasing (which she seems to do when she's in an embarrassing or tense situation). Since then it's just been lighthearted teasing and Paisen knows she's not being serious or doing it out of ill-will. Hell, she even stood up for and defended him when Gamo clearly bullied him out of ill-will and told her she went too far. I can't dislike her. To each their own though.

Dex-chan lover
@Jidgeeboy Right. She definitely has improved. Senpai obviously don't mind hanging out with her, and probably actually enjoys it. But from an outside perspective, as someone who doesn't enjoy being treated like a doormat, she's fucking nasty. I'm glad you like her. I like Senpai more, and think he deserves better. Either way, it's impressive writing that can make us care so much.

@cor3zone "Senpai obviously don't mind hanging out with her, and probably actually enjoys it."

Yeah, I think Paisen just enjoys how lively every day is because he seemed to be a complete loner before he got to know Nagatoro. I mean yeah, they tease him and all that but it's all just in jest and in good fun. Even Gamo and co who were very harsh and cruel against Paisen in the beginning (much like Nagatoro) now pretty much sees him as one of them, in a weird way, and their teasing is as lighthearted as Nagatoro's; not outright malicious like it was in their initial interactions. It's been a pretty interesting ride so far seeing the characters develop. One of my favorite parts was when all the girls left the faceless guys to go home with Paisen.

"But from an outside perspective, as someone who doesn't enjoy being treated like a doormat, she's fucking nasty."

I completely understand. I wouldn't enjoy being treated like that myself. If I made it come off like I don't understand or like I was saying "What?! How can you think she's nasty?!" then I apologize. I just personally think Nagatoro has largely redeemed herself throughout the manga.

"Either way, it's impressive writing that can make us care so much."

Agreed. Nanashi's a far more impressive and better author than a lot of other mangakas with bigger names/series.

Dex-chan lover
@Jidgeeboy No, no. I wasn't really addressing you personally, more the argument. I just don't like Nagatoro. And you're the most resonable person who responded to me so far today!😊
I gotta admit, Nanashi has come far since the original Nagatoro. It was a bit trash.😅

Users who are viewing this thread