Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 7 Ch. 52 - You have a problem with my Senpai...?

@IJustMadeThisToComment
Based on the Nagatoro game by the author, the full names of Senpai and Nagatoro respectively are:
Hachiouji Naoto and Hayase Nagatoro
It is unknown if if the names will change in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Lol the edit page is what my drawing would look like if I tried to do what she did

Dex-chan lover
Chapter 52 and they still haven't f*cked yet.
My heart can't handle this much honesty

..No honestly. I also am dying on heart failure, because of how many throbs this is causing...this story need some sort of stress relieve or else...!

Oi, her drawing of him ain't bad, especially on spot. Damn. I don't think, that he's dense just not used or shy, you name it, not used to it? It's new to him and he cannot imagine, that someone would like him. She really needs to confess him directly. Loud and clear. So even he would understand :v

@Ponkotsu89 Wow. I'm actually surprised at how dense Paisen is. He told her to draw her favourite animal, and she drew him. YOU ARE HER FAVOURITE THING AND SHE BASICALLY CONFESSED TO YOU, YOU FOOL!
@Golliboy TFW he ignores the fact that she openly admitted he’s her favorite thing. BOII THAT’S CALLED A CONFESSION!

That's based on the translation, which is never 100%. The Japanese language is often vague, and you have to pick out the exact subject, or exact meaning, from context. For example, a sentence in Japanese might be "Is a sloth", and you have to guess whether she means "you are a sloth" or "it is a sloth." A lot of jokes are based around this. Then there are kanji puns, but that's a whole other ball of fish.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm just gonna point out that Senpai blushed and smiled at the idea that Nagatoro might like him.

Fed-Kun's army
@Qelix Honestly the series was set up to conclude at the art show chapters but the author decided to milk it instead

Dex-chan lover
Cute chapter! Nagatoro defended Senpai, but then teased him so she could still be in control of the situation.

After seeing her drawing, I think Senpai has figured out Nagatoro likes him, but he's too embarrassed / timid to know how to react. I think if he's going to get Nagatoro to go out with him, HE'S got to seize control and make the move. Nagatoro is testing him: he's got to grow a pair because she's not going to date a "weak weakling" like him.

Senpai's steadily been making progress.

Dex-chan lover
@pajamawolfie I'd say that rather than testing him she's pretty much just content with this current relationship anyway, so if he wants more he'll have to make the move. After all, her being content with the status quo and him being hesitant to make a move or unaware of his own feelings toward her leaves the door open for rivals and drama. Gotta have destined loser rivals and pointless drama, for some reason.

@princeofcups Ah, I see. That makes sense. Or, in a way, it..doesn't? Japanese seems like a very complicated language which is partially why I never picked up learning it. Thanks! I'll go into future chapters with this knowledge and maybe not react like I did this time around.

@maisonaustyn Yeah, that's my one gripe with this manga and it's what I was afraid would happen. It is so often what happens with manga like this. At least in this there's some sense of progress, however miniscule and slow, compared to other romance manga. I really like Nagatoro, and it's a joy to see her antics bi-weekly, but yeah this manga should've ended during the art exhibit arc. It was completely set up for a love confession.

I hope at some point Nanashi realizes he's just repeating the same formula over and over, with slight alterations. It's starting to get a tad boring tbh.

This bonus page... 🤣

It's so bad that even the sloth and the twig are backward 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

NIlMGF0.png

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro
Ugh, I hope there's not rivals and drama (or at least not much). I can't really see any other girl going after Senpai, except maybe the one who went on a fake date with him once. I don't know if she has a death wish though.

I suppose a guy could go after Nagatoro, perhaps harassing her to the point that Senpai tells him to frick off. That would definitely impress Nagatoro, and shift the dynamic. Or Senpai could do something where Nagatoro feels like she's getting brushed off and she gets mad and stops hanging around (like when she thought Senpai would rather draw the art club president, ran away, and fell out of a tree)

Maybe Nagatoro doesn't really know how to proceed from here. She really REALLY got excited when she thought he was asking her on a date to the zoo.

If they get together, the chase ends, and I'm not sure the manga would continue after that. They could still get into various misadventures, but readership would probably drop off.

Users who are viewing this thread