I'll Become a Villainess That Will Go Down in History: The More Villainous I Become, the More the Prince Dotes on Me - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Having read the translations of the webnovel to the extent it's been translated as of now, uh, yeah. Oof.

Duke is definitely-probably a pedophile. At the very least he's obsessive over her and has zero understanding of things like personal boundaries or propriety or, like, how not to creep over a literal child for years. He's also apparently a jerk when not around Ali.

The sad thing is I can't tell whether the author is doing it intentionally or not.

@Remlpsum I don't think that, way... I already read the novel (it's still on going) and it doesn't seem like the duke is... He just care for alicia, and he's ok with the people that he trusts, i want to tell more but I'm afraid its gonna spoil you all😅

i really do appreciate the mangaka's work but THIS IS NOT BERSERK you could at least put up a chapter every one or two months

Aside from being very blunt, there's nothing of a villainess in anything she does. A villainess wouldn't care about commoners. I do like that she seriously thinks that's what she's doing, though.

Dex-chan lover
@cherokeemoon In a way, she is being villainous, since she’s defying social and cultural norms.
Indeed. It may have already been stated, but in middle english, around the 1200-1300, the word villain first came into being, meaning low born or rustic. Thus, by favoring the commoners and rejecting the current ruling order, she is the picture of a medieval villain.

Dex-chan lover
Yep that's another Bertia alright, a cute sweet girl that tries her hardest to become a "villainess" =w=
Man... sure love her kids though. That one definitely takes after the dad more than the mom

Double-page supporter
she's cute but a little too Mary Sue, even in these types of stories. like does she HAVE to be a morally upright, kind, caring person through and through? I wouldn't even mind but her only flaw is sooo paper flimsy. she thinks she's being a bad person when she's being a good one. wow how humble and innocent of her. I wish she could have actual flaws instead of something so obviously put there to be one. and why is the Prince's name Duke????? that is so weird lmao. sounds like Prince Lower Noble to me, might as well name him Prince Prince at this point 😂 thanks for the chapter!
To me it's annoying because you could definitely create a character who was a morally upright, kind, caring person who was also unmistakably a villainess?

Would be a good way to create a character who would be a good queen in a way that a lot of shoujo heroines are not.

Good queen: can work with snooty but powerful aristocrats

Shoujo heroine: offends most of them with idealistic speeches*

Good Queen: knows how to develop and delegate work to subordinates

Shoujo heroine: tries to do everything herself*

Good queen: Can make tough decisions

Shoujo heroine: always wants to save or forgive people

Good Queen: high emotional intelligence, great at reading people

Shoujo heroine: completely oblivious, maybe assumes everyone is acting based on something only she knows/cares about*

A lot of the good queen traits pair well with a rich aristocratic girl.

* Looking at you MC

Double-page supporter
That stuff she said about nobles needing to actually be good at government and not just magic pissed me off a lot.

Because it made a lot of sense and I'd kill to read a story with a protagonist who actually believes that and focuses on politics.

Instead of MC who spent the first half of the chapter wearing herself out practicing magic.

Dex-chan lover
I love how she's so smart but so dumbbbb LMAO why the fuck would a villainess give a shit about commoners LOL what a cutie
She wants to be a COMPETENT villain. Too often villains just randomly execute their minions like idiots instead of trying to create an inclusive and comfortable workplace to better pursue evil genius.

Users who are viewing this thread