I'm a Loser, Baby

Mang, the MC is basically standing on the high horse which located at the peak of mount Everest looking down on everyone. Either the author have Napoleon complex or just fucking with the readers.

Dex-chan lover
@Beriaru that is how manhua works
most of them are a copy of anohter manhua, that copied another manhua and so on
Takes idea and concepts from drama, manga and manhua, the most original thingsyou can find are "cultivation" and trash MC that stay tarsh or become worse, that anyway gets overused and boring after reading a manhua too many.

Fed-Kun's army
The name, the type of media, and the rating is telling me that this Manhua is just another shit story thats a carbon copy of another story...because China and South Korea (And other countries that do this, including Japan but less so) prioritize Quantity over Quality. Though, there are some good ones.

Heres a list of my personal favorite Manhua/Manhwa
*Dungeon Master
*FFF-Class Trash Hero
*The Great Mage Returns After 4000 Years
*Reverse Villain
*Auto-Hunting
*Dungeon Reset
*Immortal Swordsman in The Reverse World (this one is garbage, but its the fun kind of garbage.)
*Love Dependency Disease (Got canceled, which is a shame.)

I would add Solo Leveling, but that'd be like suggesting you to breathe air. You've already done it.

Fed-Kun's army
Reverse Villain (despite using that shitty cultivation trope) is a lot like a lot of other Manhua but compared to those it actually pulls it off.

Auto-Hunting is actually pretty good. The art's nice and the story is great, yes there are some issues with the plot, but overall it's a decent manhua. I also don't see any other Manhua doing the shit Auto-Hunting does.

Also, I would like to stay true to my name.

Plain opening but I had hope that it would become better.
It might be the translation but the dialogue between characters feel VERY stiff like how bots would respond based on famous responses.
The art was very interesting because they are not the typical 'anime' style and might have been modeled from actual people. It is, however, not suitable for the portrayal of fight scenes. Attacks that are supposed to be strong, looks and feels no different than all the others.

Overall, it makes me feel like I'm reading the earliest issues of the Batman comics with barely engaging plot.

I’ve wanted to get better at writing recently, so in my spare time, I’ve come up with a comprehensive guide on how to make this story better. Essentially, I’ve taken a look at this series and will point out flaws and possible ways to fix them as practice for my writing.

Although stories don’t need strong themes to be good, I feel like a story such as this sends a message about self-improvement at the very least. However, making the guy from the other world take over the protagonist’s body makes a very weak statement about improvement when the protagonist just suddenly becomes OP and loses his previous personality. The way I’d go about it is to have the protagonist and Cang (the guy from the other world) share the body, like having 2 consciousnesses in a single body.

There could be an overarching storyline about Cang and the protagonist struggling to gain control over the body before reaching an understanding and coexisting, but I’ll shelve that idea as unnecessary filler for now.

When Cang enters the body, the protagonist doesn’t get any taller or change much, so he can have the drive to physically improve himself. Also, since Cang is supposed to be from fantasy medieval China land, he logically wouldn’t know much about academics, as he’s supposed to be a cultivator or something. That way, the protagonist (I legit forgot his name, I think it was Ah Mu? I’ll call him Mu from now on) can’t just get all the answers to an exam from Cang.

Basically, I want to treat the whole merging of minds as a negative thing at first, as having knowledge about medieval martial arts probably ain’t very useful in a modern country with guns and shit. Unless it’s Detroit. Plus, Cang is there whenever Mu jacks off, and has full access to his memory bank.

Over the course of the first story arc, Cang and Mu are meant to form a bond, as Cang, being a thousand years old or something, can act as the father that Mu never had (remember how in the first chapter, it was revealed he was an orphan?). If his father didn’t die before Mu could grow up, then I’ll make it so he does, while his mother dies later down the line. Initially, they could fight for control over the body, or just constantly bicker and argue, with Cang criticizing every mistake Mu makes in his day to day life.

By the end of the first arc, Mu is supposed to have gained enough confidence and courage to tell his family that he knows about their murder plot.

“But this entire story is all over the place and there are loose ends everywhere, and the author is clearly making it up along as he goes! How will you determine the first arc?” I hear you ask.

Unfortunately, everything up until now is as far as I’ve tried to make a decent story out of this while sticking to the source material as close as possible. Everything in this series becomes an even bigger dumpster fire after Cang reincarnates in Mu’s body, so the only way I can improve this story from this point on is to come up with my own fan fiction, and I honestly don’t have the energy for that.

Although, one major thing I would change is so that other people can get possessed by spirits from the other universe as well, so we can have actual villains and antagonists that can match up against Mu. Maybe his fiancé could also get wrapped up in this? I feel like the author did way too little with the fiancé.

Contributor
The description makes it sound more like he went from being oppressed by garbage to him, personally, being garbage >_>; I assume any such irony is lost on the author, if it isn't just an issue in translation... but I am amused by whoever put in the liberally-translated all-three-tenses version of the title XD

Dex-chan lover
Everyone bashing it but is a nice read, not a masterpiece, is fine.
The only real negative is that I think some gullible chinese could actually start believe in cultivation stuff after reading and decide to follow some scam artist blindly, after all the goverment protects them.

Users who are viewing this thread