I'm a Maid, but I've Pulled Out the Holy Sword?! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Cancel the Birth of a Hero

Double-page supporter
@nbhstcqbvvpmacjrmv

Your username look like a password. During the registering process did you filled in the intended password in username field and the username in the password field. Not a complaint.

@nivinator unless it is shown that the nobles are corrupt and so far they seems decent( She would not done that or talk to the prince like that if nobles have reputation of being tyrants). Judging from the genre there is little chance of it being those kind of fiction.

@nivinator You seriously don't believe that the kingdom wouldn't dare to hold her brother as hostage to force her to follow their whim?

Dex-chan lover
@nivinator She kinda has a point, a hero in peacetime isn’t really guaranteed the greatest job security. At best, she’ll be used as a figurehead for propaganda to make the royal family look good, but a hero is only as good as the villain they take down, and without one, who knows how long even that would be effective as her only heroic feat would be pulling out a sword. Not to mention she’s a maid. If she was a soldier or a knight, she could probably adjust just fine, but a hero is a far cry from maid. I can understand the feeling of sticking with what you know, and what she knows is how to be a maid. And going back to the propaganda thing, she also makes a good point that many people would find it dubious that some random maid pulled out the holy sword that’s been stuck in a tree for a millennia when many "more qualified" people have failed. She knows her job as a maid, she knows she’ll get a paycheck if she does her job, and she knows her work will still be there tomorrow. If she pulls out the sword and becomes a hero... what then? Is there even an enemy to fight? Who’s gonna sign her paycheck? What does a hero without heroic feats even do??? There’s a lot of unknowns that I can understand how she’d want to pretend this never happened.

Group Leader
Love this lol
And she's right being a Hero in a peaceful time will be equal to being unemployed.

And to add @AnonDePlume she would pretty much get the bad end should anyone send her to do hero stuff such as killing monsters, we don't know if the hero even receives a paycheck, I would say no because the way she says how being a hero is, it feels pretty much like she would have to do anything for free and honor, a hero could receive a reward by killing monsters, but look at her, she would certainly die if she did that, and I also think it would be extremely stressful having to keep the appearance of an honorable and humble hero all the time

what i thought while reading "just stick the sword back to the tree" and she did exactly that 🤣

In a weird way, I can relate to her. I mean she already decided on a career path and her family needs her income to help out. Then searches her brain and is like - would I be a good fit? The answer was a huge noooooooooooooope.

Double-page supporter
yeah... the prince is fking annoying. Why are the are male prince-type characters always so annoying when the MC is a female??

Fed-Kun's army
the prince feels like an NPC repeating the same line "welcome hero" lol

Dex-chan lover
oof good thing the sword is still locked everytime she puts it back, otherwise the next schmuck that tries would pull it and be fucked by the hero rule without having any power

Dex-chan lover
... She pulling the holy sword means the Demon Lord is coming back, doesn't it?
Since the holy sword function is to find the person ablçe to fight agains the demons and all that...

Shouldn't they be worried about that?

LOL she went from being scared of the prince (from sitting on him) to yelling at him real quick

Also the demon Lord is definitely coming back. I'm sure she could've negotiated with the castle for her job if she tried.

Users who are viewing this thread