I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss - Vol. 3 Ch. 12

Aggregator gang
The ending feel bland. I know they had a happy ending and all but the conflict ended too quickly. The rapist prince is still there out in the public. The stupid heroine is still stupid. Their relationship also feel like unfinished, the series ended on the engagement instead of marriage. Why the author didn't end the story where Aileen is pregnant, both of them holding hands and watching the monster kingdom from the castle balcony. This feels more like an accomplished/true ending. I hate this kind of fairy tale 'happily ever after' ending shit.

Dex-chan lover
So this manga was merely a promo for the LNs.
It covered Vol 1, but there's 5 more books that are unadapted.
Both the LNs and WNs are complete works.

For those of you wondering what future plot arcs are like,
they're somewhat similar to the setup of World of Otome Games are Tough for Mobs.

The source otome game was popular enough to get 3 more installments, which take place in the same universe (different characters and countries though.) All had about the same plot outline - someone awakens/gets possessed into becoming the apocalyptic last boss that will destroy the country/world, and the heroic holy maiden must rise to defeat said boss. In each arc, Aileen will suddenly regain memories of each instalment's storyline, and must work to avert the threat and save the world. Usually this involves finding out the "last boss" isn't so evil and trying to save them, since actual events may end up differing from what the games presented.
The 3rd arc is different as it is based on a fandisk. In that one Claude is suddenly stabbed by a mysterious attacker, causing him to lose his memories and powers of Demon King (including his memories of Aileen). Aileen suddenly remembers this was the story of a fandisk expansion where the heroine could romance an amnesiac Claude who survived Game 1's events, and sets out to restore Claude's condition.

@Era1 The mangaka was rather disappointed she was only commissioned to comicalize Vol 1, as were a good number of her Twitter followers.

Double-page supporter
@mismarca because it isnt the “true” ending, those bastard still up to no good, well you must continue this on second arc on LN tho.....

Dex-chan lover
...Good enough.

I would've preferred for the comeuppance to be more...ah...severe. But there was sweet, sweet dere at the end, and that's good enough.

Aggregator gang
@Kazedoom
Oh... I thought this is the same ending as LN lol. I guess its the typical manga adaptation ending with half-ass halfway promotion thinggy.
Thx for the info.

Supporter
short. but maybe for the better, wouldn't be able to tell if the story could progress further well enough.

thanks for the translation and the chapters :3

Happy for them. Sooo cute
"Then I will be the Emperor"
So simple. Hihi.

Group Leader
Kinda sad that it ended just after the main story but it was still a very fun read~
Thanks a lot for translating it! <3

Dex-chan lover
Kinda rushed ending. Would've been nice to let us enjoy more of the baka-trio suffering a bit more.

Fed-Kun's army
@zz2000 That disappointment is understandable. Aileen and Claude are great, and it is clear that she had fun drawing some of the scenes.

Dex-chan lover
Bullshit that literally the only punishment they got was demotion from crown prince. Abduction, rape, murder, breaking a truce... ugh, why don’t authors ever have the balls to actually punish villains. If there were another volume they’d probably befriend the bastards.

I loved the scene where they hugged. And I loved the scene where Aileen told Cedric off mwhahahaha

I only miss the scene where Lilia is tackled and strangled and Cedric and Marx publicly humiliated. Butohwell, I guess I'll just concentrate on Aileen and Claude :)

Users who are viewing this thread