I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 41 - The King’s Commission

Dex-chan lover
"My Rae" I remember the day when she was relentlessly bullying her and Rae continuously pestering her. Now it's just the latter. Also I remember something that Claire's parents had some disagreement with Claire regarding Commoners or smith, so I guess curroption isn't far off on what he'll do or has done

Dex-chan lover
Of course Claire has to remind the room that it was her Rei who made the same amazing dishes on the regular. Rei is her pride, joy and love. Always nice to see how casually she praises Rei now. Big transformation from how she was earlier. Now we're off to some of the best stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Don’t forget that Ray was an office worked in her past life. She’s already got all the skills she needs to spot cooked books
Forensic Accountant for a bank actually.
the manga cant go into details but The King has enough evidence to indict Rae (He hasnt met the pope so isnt aware that any trial involving Rae Taylor is going to become a farce.), is aware shes currently something like the 4th richest person in the kingdom, and knows this girl has preternatural levels of information gathering.

Of course Claire has to remind the room that it was her Rei who made the same amazing dishes on the regular. Rei is her pride, joy and love. Always nice to see how casually she praises Rei now. Big transformation from how she was earlier. Now we're off to some of the best stuff.
even then, its been 50,000 years and Claire STILL cant cook.

Dex-chan lover
Forensic Accountant for a bank actually.
She literally has the skill needed, how convenient lol
the manga cant go into details but The King has enough evidence to indict Rae (He hasnt met the pope so isnt aware that any trial involving Rae Taylor is going to become a farce.), is aware shes currently something like the 4th richest person in the kingdom, and knows this girl has preternatural levels of information gathering.
Maybe they'll show that later, hopefully
even then, its been 50,000 years and Claire STILL cant cook.
Constants and variables
There's always a obsessive lesbian
There's always a tsundere bisexual
The tsundere bisexual can't cook

Dex-chan lover
I feel silly when I read a chapter of this manga and NOT look out for silly slime antics. Look how he slides on the princes shoulder and just gets tossed around happily. Or when he spawns glasses!
Truly, a great slime pet manga.

What's that, political drama with the gay trio? Oh yeah I guess that's happening too!

Dex-chan lover
My Rae's signature dish

As expected from Lady Claire, she know we'll her wife's signature dish~

You have to wonder how bad the state of the kingdom is when they have to let teenagers do all the investigation and work, again.
Exactly! When I first read it, I was literally scratching my head. Why tf should the king hire two 15 year olds and a child—since Lilly is 15 in the ILTV sequel that takes place nearly a DECADE after the LNs—to do serious and dangerous work like this??

I got a bit concerned since it was also my first exposure to light novels, but hey. Fiction is fiction. And I love this yuri too much to drop it. And I didn't regret reading until the end.

EDIT: I messed up on Lilly's age. She's actually around 23ish as corrected by another user.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Exactly! When I first read it, I was literally scratching my head. Why tf should the king hire two 15 year olds and a child—since Lilly is 15 in the ILTV sequel that takes place nearly a DECADE after the LNs—to do serious and dangerous work like this??

I got a bit concerned since it was also my first exposure to light novels, but hey. Fiction is fiction. And I love this yuri too much to drop it. And I didn't regret reading until the end.
Lily isn't 15 in the sequel she's like 23ish. She just didn't change at all in appearance because it's supposed to be symbolic of how all her catholic guilt and living in the past have left her stagnant.

Dex-chan lover
You have to wonder how bad the state of the kingdom is when they have to let teenagers do all the investigation and work, again.
Setting aside the fact that Rae has proven herself exceptionally capable to the king because other posters have pointed it out, there's still some decent logic to allowing the other two to join. Specifically BECAUSE they're young, they're less likely to be personally involved in shady dealings.

Dex-chan lover
Could have been worse for the Baron, could have been the IRS investigating.

Dex-chan lover
Lily isn't 15 in the sequel she's like 23ish. She just didn't change at all in appearance because it's supposed to be symbolic of how all her catholic guilt and living in the past have left her stagnant.
Yeah, that was an interesting comment. Do they think Lily is 5 right now? She's clearly not currently a child.

Since you mentioned the sequel series, are you caught up with released chapters of Turn Around and Face Me? I've been enjoying it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread