I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 41 - The King’s Commission

Wasn't this supposed to be a romance manga? We've went a few arcs without any, and now we're starting the... tax office audit arc? I don't see how this is interesting at all.

Fed-Kun's army
CHARLIE TAX ANGEL'S!

This is gonna get interesting.

Also, Mito Komon? Seriously, Rei?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Time to add the Harem tag. I still don’t know the nuns name. I honestly still didn’t get why she was still here, but this chapter cements her into the story from now on so add that Harem tag.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone who have read the LN or whatever the manga is based on, that Can tell me, when Lilly will find someone to get together with, so we can go back to having Rei and Claire being alone together instead of always having this third wheel being there?

Nevermind, just went to the wiki page and saw that Lilly was Reis girlfriend in the last volume of the series, like wtf was going on in volume 5? Cant get myself to see Rei loving someone else than Claire, so is the wiki wrong or she betrayed Claire or wtf happened?

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
No, Lilly and Rae are not together in the novels, she's still crushing on her, unrequited.

In fact, it's even worse. In the second sequel Turn Around and Face Me that Inori is currently writing and that takes place 10 years in the future and focuses on Claire's and Rae's Daughters (adopted, but they're biological sisters), there's a love triangle between the sisters and Lilly. Yes, adult and teenagers, plus incest (Mei crushes on her sister Alea who crushes on Lilly who crushes on Mei). Oh, and Lilly's also still crushing on Rae in addition to one of her daughters.

Really, incest really seems to be one of Inori's fetishes, it's... oof.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Also, wasn't Rod supposed to propose here before the first investigation? Or am I misremembering the timeline and it was later during the investigation?

Dex-chan lover
Time to add the Harem tag. I still don’t know the nuns name. I honestly still didn’t get why she was still here, but this chapter cements her into the story from now on so add that Harem tag.
It's not even slightly a harem or poly, despite Lily's dreams.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Anyone who have read the LN or whatever the manga is based on, that Can tell me, when Lilly will find someone to get together with, so we can go back to having Rei and Claire being alone together instead of always having this third wheel being there?

Nevermind, just went to the wiki page and saw that Lilly was Reis girlfriend in the last volume of the series, like wtf was going on in volume 5? Cant get myself to see Rei loving someone else than Claire, so is the wiki wrong or she betrayed Claire or wtf happened?

I could explain but there's so much recontextualization it would just be far more beneficial for you to read it. Check the web novel when you can.
Yeah, that was an interesting comment. Do they think Lily is 5 right now? She's clearly not currently a child.

Since you mentioned the sequel series, are you caught up with released chapters of Turn Around and Face Me? I've been enjoying it.

Oh yeah I'm caught up. Turn Around and Face Me I've been enjoying the whole post world building but especially how flawed each character is. In ILTV, love was always genuine and quite tsundere. But in TAFM, love is so so messed up. "I like you!", but it's hero worship. "I like you!", but it's projecting. "I like you!", but it's a misaligned belief that there's no one else in the world that will be with you until death because they were with you since birth. They all need serious character development before any of they should get anywhere near a relationship. Unlike Rae and Claire who had to learn vulnerability and sincerity.
No, Lilly and Rae are not together in the novels, she's still crushing on her, unrequited.

In fact, it's even worse. In the second sequel Turn Around and Face Me that Inori is currently writing and that takes place 10 years in the future and focuses on Claire's and Rae's Daughters (adopted, but they're biological sisters), there's a love triangle between the sisters and Lilly. Yes, adult and teenagers, plus incest (Mei crushes on her sister Alea who crushes on Lilly who crushes on Mei). Oh, and Lilly's also still crushing on Rae in addition to one of her daughters.

Really, incest really seems to be one of Inori's fetishes, it's... oof.
Incest is indeed something that crops up in Inori's works. There's an unlicensed magical girl story she wrote where the big bad was trying to turn the whole world to philosophical zombies because she was sad about her sister (who she was in love with) died. As well as the primary relationship technically having the same mom. You really have to learn to kind put it in the corner and focus on the more positive aspects.

Dex-chan lover

You don't need to worry about Lily, at all. She's fun but not a threat to anything, as Rei makes very clear all the time. There's no love triangle, harem or poly to worry about, not even a hint. She's just comedy and other things.

Wiki's are nearly always misleading and without context. The series is very sci-fi towards the end. No, Rei does not ever betray Claire or vice versa. They are always together and by that point are married with two kids, living with their family. That whole thing was nothing. Just have to read the series to understand context and it wasn't a whole volume thing either. As for Lily finding her own love: we're currently on to the sequel series set 10 years after the end of this series. Lily is one of the 3 new mains, figuring out their love lives.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I could explain but there's so much recontextualization it would just be far more beneficial for you to read it. Check the web novel when you can.

Oh yeah I'm caught up. Turn Around and Face Me I've been enjoying the whole post world building but especially how flawed each character is. In ILTV, love was always genuine and quite tsundere. But in TAFM, love is so so messed up. "I like you!", but it's hero worship. "I like you!", but it's projecting. "I like you!", but it's a misaligned belief that there's no one else in the world that will be with you until death because they were with you since birth. They all need serious character development before any of they should get anywhere near a relationship. Unlike Rae and Claire who had to learn vulnerability and sincerity.

Incest is indeed something that crops up in Inori's works. There's an unlicensed magical girl story she wrote where the big bad was trying to turn the whole world to philosophical zombies because she was sad about her sister (who she was in love with) died. As well as the primary relationship technically having the same mom. You really have to learn to kind put it in the corner and focus on the more positive aspects.
Ngl I dropped the new WN Inori wrote. I can't stand incest in her books it makes me go insane

Group Leader
I feel silly when I read a chapter of this manga and NOT look out for silly slime antics. Look how he slides on the princes shoulder and just gets tossed around happily. Or when he spawns glasses!
Truly, a great slime pet manga.

What's that, political drama with the gay trio? Oh yeah I guess that's happening too!
You clearly forgot slime baby as a sword.

su3UU91.png

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter! I'm already waiting for my Melonbooks special edition but since I bought it along with other novels special editions it will arrive until May

Dex-chan lover
You don't need to worry about Lily, at all. She's fun but not a threat to anything, as Rei makes very clear all the time. There's no love triangle, harem or poly to worry about, not even a hint. She's just comedy and other things.

Wiki's are nearly always misleading and without context. The series is very sci-fi towards the end. No, Rei does not ever betray Claire or vice versa. They are always together and by that point are married with two kids, living with their family. That whole thing was nothing. Just have to read the series to understand context and it wasn't a whole volume thing either. As for Lily finding her own love: we're currently on to the sequel series set 10 years after the end of this series. Lily is one of the 3 new mains, figuring out their love lives.
Wait wait wait, there is a sequel series? Since you write it has 3 new MCs, does that mean Claire and Rei is not in it/background characters?

Users who are viewing this thread