I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Their First Contest (Part 1)

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Never drop this. I'll hunt you down and put you in a basement full of raws

Rei and Claire are both annoying. They suit each other. Poor Misha experiencing their antiques daily. Thanks for the scanlation!

Double-page supporter
Why is he holding his wand like erm, he's dropping a pencil or something. It's like, floating above his hand as he "casts" the spell.

Seing Claire and Rei wearing dresses makes me want to see y'know
ThEiR FreAKinG AwEsOmE WEddInG

Dex-chan lover
I feel so sorry for Misha I am so sorry you have to go through all of this
also since she's the protagonist, her powers are op aren't they

Main character's so fucking annoying though, i'll keep reading but i have a hard time with that kind of character.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
It's obvious who won, but it'd be nice if the results were in this chapter, even if it was the last page.

@Stoner She gets much, MUCH better later, in fact, it won't take too many chapters to see a bit of that, but I can't say any more.

Seems like the Mangaka is making some more slight alterations on the source here. It's not anything bad, but the way it's being done gives me some hope that this manga will do just fine. I'm looking forward to seeing more. I also like how the manga's taking it's time to go through everything. Pacing feels great so far.
As for Rei being a bit annoying, as some people have pointed out, I just want to say "be patient." I can't talk about much without giving anything away; however, I can say that I thought the same on my first read of the WN. It doesn't take long for her to become a pretty compelling MC. The only issue in this case is that chapters take so long to come out, so again, just be patient.

Hehe, Claire is in for a big surprise when the results of the tests come out 😂
Thanks for your work !

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@Hollow7F seems like yuri has to be establish if the characters are gonna kiss in the first chapter, since yuri doesn't always have that. Sometimes that means some weird plot or just a out of context frame.

Man what'll they do with the foreshadowing after the exam results hmm.. Thank you mangaka-sama and translator-chan!

it seems like there's a lot of internal thoughts that removed from the light novel, but kinda understandable though since most of those were pictured with the drawing.
if you guys never read the light novel, I suggest you guys read it coz rei's character in the light novel was more deep-pictured with those internal thoughts and also her internal thoughts always give a necessary explanation for every scene in the plot

Supporter
I absolutely loved chapter 2. I am so looking forward to upcoming chapters and see where the story is going. I pre-ordered the novel but that won't be released until the end of the year.

@Jesssational Just a mention if you guys do a v.2 of this. There seems to be a mistake on page 13 (204 on the page). There's an extra E after Not on the fourth panel of said page.

While I've always liked Claire and Rei's dynamic, I always felt that Rei's pretty manipulative towards pretty much everyone. Is that just me or does anyone else feel the same way?

Group Leader
Rodd sure is going to have trouble pulling himself along with that attitude. Someone really needs to give him a hand

@Titan0fPower

I feel like that becomes a plot point later, right? Doesn't she catch hell for being super selfish in the Part 1 climax?

Users who are viewing this thread