I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - To be a Lily

Dex-chan lover
@goatriderbob i don't even understand the use of "trans ally", as if there's a war somewhere because people can't accept others in both sides... Again, it was a mistake that was fixed, no harm done, you really should stop act like a Karen and complain about everything the entire day for a detail fixed... You should try yoga or something and relax

edit: and again you should be gratefull for someone putting efforts and time for you pleasure

Group Leader
@goatriderbob I've been debating whether I should post this reply for the better part of an hour but I guess I'm just a meddler at heart so here ya go.

To start off: yes, I made a careless mistake that misrepresented the entire point Rei was making. For that I will apologize as many times as it takes, I messed up and will take the blame that comes with it.

Secondly: If a more competent translator wants to take this series off my hands then by all means they can just snipe it, no need to ask me either. I've stayed in my lane posting translations privately for my friends so far, I can go back no problem. I'm not that great and mostly stepped up to the plate because nobody else would in the past 2 months.

BUT saying that a lesbian not caring about biological sex is somehow homophobic just strikes me as really nonchalant casual transphobia? I'm a lesbian myself and I'd date trans women (If i could land a date to begin with) so what's that all about? You made an extremely valid point and then randomly stuck that on top of it, which is baffling.

@Nyashi There are lesbians that care about sex and ones that don’t. Casually claiming “lesbians care about gender but not about sex “ like some de facto statement is homophobic

Group Leader
@goatriderbob I never intended to make any blanket statements like that BUT I can see how it could be read that way so I'm sorry about that, can't blame anyone but myself for it.

This chapter hurts for some reason
Yeah, Everything is as it should be, it's just ... it's just a bit more painful.
From the moment I fall in love.. I must keep my distance.
I know that does nothing but encourage prejudice but... I don't tease, if I don't deceive-

I love this part.

Aggregator gang
People expecting this to be just a regular lighthearted series because of the comedic premise and early chapters be like:

Imagine walking into this thinking it was an a lighthearted comedy, and then all us lightnovel readers knowing that
Not only does shit get a good bit darker, but were gonna tackle Funny wand WaCkY themes such as actually getting into the fact that this like other dime a dozen mangas are set in political landscapes that are medievel and that class seperation exists! And LGBTQ issues too! Hell even suicide is brought up at one point. Man normal comedy readers really do be gettin dunked on

Oh yeah btw if yall are like, gonna be those kinda people that start fights over LGBTQ stuff, and you somehow made it this far in the manga, uh, yeah as a lightnovel reader maybe find another piece of work to read.

Oh yeah, someone run the math on about how many chapters / months (probably years) before this manga hits the parts where we meet Cardinal Lily Lilium?

Imma be honest, I really agree with @Lemongrassv, @Je_ez, and @BalrogDeMorgoth about the LGBT stereotype.

If I was the girls that try to spread a rumor about Rei, I'd choose not to use homosexuality as slander, but to use Rei creepy behavior toward Claire since what Rei does actually was lowkey harmful and actually only proving that the pervert, predatory/invasive gay stereotype to be true.

People said that she so far never made any attempt of sexual assault, so how about her trying to get into a maid position with try to blackmail her father with her meta knowledge to be able to get near her all the time, and ogled her when changing outfit or when she bathing, with your cliched nosebleed that always associated with a case of perverted character. It doesn't need to be escalated into any sexual assault to consider it unacceptable behavior.

Honestly, I kinda had no problem with this manga since I like the art, and if there is a case of perverted character in manga you would always found it commonly especially in the ecchi genre, but since when the author kinda put up a heavy LGBT argument I'm kinda bothered with the execution of the topic itself, and how contradicting it is with Rei prior creepy behavior.

Anyway, about my personal opinion of the relatable character and Rei's perverted character, I never, EVER find myself a perverted character relatable, and I personally hated that kind of character, and I don't even like the ecchi genre to begin with.

And an unpopular opinion for me, a gay character is just as relatable as a straight character.

The author really trying to deliver a message about "A homosexual character like they're going to assault someone just because they're gay" stereotypes is bad but it just falls flat very fast at the execution since they try to deliver the message with the somehow a bad/wrong character to deliver it, especially after every creepy shit Rei had done.

Unpopular opinion, but I actually kinda bothered, that most of these pro-LGBT people in this comment actually find this thing relatable/wholesome and try to defend this thing. Like, have you noticed the prior behavior of Rei and actually try to justify all of that just because Rei suddenly drop an author tract about a bad LGBT stereotype with a character like Rei, which actually pretty contradicting and hypocritical after Rei's prior creepy behavior? And to think that Claire is being prejudiced even if it totally justified for her to act like that considering what Rei has done so far? It feels pretty jarring and forced for me. Like I'd be pissed off if my belief actually is discussed by a character like Rei since again, it feels pretty forced for me.

I actually found it interesting with the romance plot with the "actually" straight character get flirted nonstop by gay character until they are becoming gay, the other manga with a similar premise is Protagonist x Rival manga. Well, actually I don't mind with this premise at all, and I found it enjoyable for me since in some cases it's about tackling some tropes. But somehow, I wonder if those pro-LGBT people will be at outrage if the plot actually reversed, like a gay character that keeps flirted by a straight character until they became straight too, but they probably would found a cop-out answer that that character is bisexual anyway to avoid the deeper topic. And since the former be able to get an easy pass since it was about an LGBT character after all...

Well, but who am I to make an opinion anyway, since I just a straight person that my opinion would be counted as worthless anyway. But that just my take on this chapter after all. If you found my opinion to be somehow flawed please criticize me, or if you find my comment offensive feel free to hate me or call me a homophobe.

Anyway Kudos to the great work of the scanlator, I love this manga art so I'll just keep reading onward, my greatest gratitude and keep the great work, @Nyashi

Users who are viewing this thread