I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - To be a Lily

Now I wish I read the LN instead! I love the proper discussion of sexuality and I'm sure its better explored in novel format

Fed-Kun's army
@X-117017
I really don't think they will adapt the second part because the first is pretty self-contained and it would be way too long. Besides,
I feel like the Rei and Claire have gone through a hundreds of thousands of years long reincarnation cycle stuff is a bit too weird and it will probably get cleaned up a bit in the LN.

If I may say, about Misha's argument to Claire about her being homophobic and prejudiced to Rei due to the latter's homosexuality.

I would say Claire's reaction to Rei's perverted actions is not necessarily extreme all things considered and arguably justified in this case. This is because, 1. Claire has not acted rude to Rei because Rei was gay but because Rei was of a different social class, it is still nonetheless wrong but its best to differentiate the two isms. 2. Rei has threatened Claire's father to be given a job with the intent of being closer to Claire. This is wrong for quite some obvious reasons and any individual actually doing this irl needs help. 3. Rei has throughout the story harassed Claire, not as serious as first but it has grew over time which is a serious cause for concern. So while homophobia is all around wrong, Claire has not shown hate toward homosexuals, but rather just Rei cause while at first due to different social classes. Is now because Rei has constantly committed some...disapproving actions towards Claire.

Dex-chan lover
It's so confusing :(( Is this gonna be a new type of feeling in the future?
I'm too young I can only get 70% of what it wanna say. Gonna check this back in a few years to fully understand :)

@HellifIknow
I don't think she really threatened her father though.
According to someone else's spoilers it's more like she gave him advice on how to avoid the death flag he had coming from his actions.

@Siete hmmm now that I think of it properly, the progress of this manga is basically forever and this many of the current contents in the manga are incomparable in regards of LN moreover WN current progress...well If the author is planning to make it till the very end then I'd like 25 or so in that time haha

@Alwerien

Perhaps, if said spoiler is true, I mean it can be easily assumed it was a threat, but if I am wrong then I am wrong. That being said, even if it is true it still though doesn't completely negate the other things she did.

This chapter got...surprsingly serious. Seeing Rei's mask almost crack was fascinating. It seems that she only keeps up her antics because she doesn't want to be serious, and thus vulnerable. Including her past life she may have had many experiences where her love would never be reciprocated, and that's always painful. Especially if revealing that love could cause the friendship to end and even social isolation. But Claire is....different. Claire seriously backed up Rei in this chapter and seems to at least see her as a true friend, though she may not be admitting it yet.

It's an interesting case as well of what relationship both parties are comfortable with. If Claire absolutely isn't attracted to women, they might both be fine with being best friends as time goes on, but I'm concerned about whether Rei would be truly comfortable with that. If anyone was facing this situation irl, my advice would probably be to just settle for a friendship with some distance and find someone who would love you back. Unrequited love is painful, especially long term, and staying close to your love will just drag out that pain for longer.

Well, I didnt expect this chapter to be so in depth. Its nice to see her inner thoughts and see how she truly feels about her relationship with the cast.

Dex-chan lover
@Alwerien
It's to avoid Claire's death flag. Dole was 100% ready to sacrifice himself and his daughter in the name of dismantling the aristocracy even though he placed himself as the villain in opposition to it. Rae was aware that this plan is in the works and offered Dole a way for Claire to have an out. Part of this was through Rae's own financing schemes and funding Claire's efforts to assist the commoners when famine strikes. However, Claire's own agency is never taken away from her; she rejects Rae's plans and offers herself to be executed because she believed that was her role as a noble. To die when required to die for the people.

In part 2:
Claire actually calls out Rae for being so affectionate during work because she doesn't want people to project stereotypes on her. Rae in this case wasn't using it as a coping mechanism, but was just rather touch starved due to work.

I really loved this chapter and I loved Rei's thoughts. I was really not expecting this at all, but it's a nice surprised to see this level of thought. It was a wonderful take on prejudice and her own inner thoughts.

Thank you for the chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread