I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 7 Ch. 34 - Oohashi Rei's first love (2)

Dex-chan lover
And rei apperently jsut forgives her as well lol. What a shitshow with no retribution. I never understand the point of adding this kind of irredeemable evil bitches to a story if you won't also add a revenge/redemption to it. It just makes things frustrating.
Those last panels were like "God it's been so long since we saw each other, remember when I bullied the shit out of you because I was jealous? Damn we were so young, no hard feeling right!"

And Rei be like "Yeah I totally forgot about it!".
Unfortunately, that's how it tends to be in real life. Horrible situations like this that happened so long ago usually get brushed aside by the perpetrators, and the victims are perceived as "worse" if they try to "make a big deal" out of something that happened years ago. Story-wise, it's anticlimactic, but it's pretty realistic.

Dex-chan lover
Haha, look at these kids and their factions and popularities. Little do they know once they graduate school and start working as an adult, none of those matters and they will most likely have only one or two friends left from high school.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And rei apperently jsut forgives her as well lol. What a shitshow with no retribution. I never understand the point of adding this kind of irredeemable evil bitches to a story if you won't also add a revenge/redemption to it. It just makes things frustrating.
I mean lets be honest here. What the fuck is she going to do about it?

She's in another world not many ways of getting back I would imagine. And if she could return, why would she? she has started dating her favorite person, and has an entire group of friends that won't judge her for who she is.

I say fucking forget about them and just focus on your new life.

Now with all that being said, it's nice to know she has the best parents in Japan, who accepted her. I hope they don't miss their daughter too much.

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately, that's how it tends to be in real life. Horrible situations like this that happened so long ago usually get brushed aside by the perpetrators, and the victims are perceived as "worse" if they try to "make a big deal" out of something that happened years ago. Story-wise, it's anticlimactic, but it's pretty realistic.
Its fine, i'm not really looking for blood here but bitch just went "teehee, i fucked up your highschool life in a calculated bullying spree. My bad." and Rei says they already made up? This is the frustrating part.

Dex-chan lover
I mean lets be honest here. What the fuck is she going to do about it?

She's in another world not many ways of getting back I would imagine. And if she could return, why would she? she has started dating her favorite person, and has an entire group of friends that won't judge her for who she is.

I say fucking forget about them and just focus on your new life.

Now with all that being said, it's nice to know she has the best parents in Japan, who accepted her. I hope they don't miss their daughter too much.
Then why introduce it to the story? It feels so out of place and pointless if its not connected to the main story somehow later.

Dex-chan lover
Its fine, i'm not really looking for blood here but bitch just went "teehee, i fucked up your highschool life in a calculated bullying spree. My bad." and Rei says they already made up? This is the frustrating part.
Sometimes, what a person says doesn't actually reflect how they're feeling. More common than not, "We made up" actually translates to "I am actually repressing these frustrations deep inside haha." Whether it'll pay off later or not, we'll just have to wait and see.

Dex-chan lover
Then why introduce it to the story? It feels so out of place and pointless if its not connected to the main story somehow later.
Two main reasons:
The story serves to show some character development that Rae went through to get where she's at.
The other reason will be shown later but
it's also to show that one of the motivations she has, protecting fellow LGBTQ+ people is something that she highly values. As she already lost one of her friends because that person wasn't accepted.

Dex-chan lover
Those last panels were like "God it's been so long since we saw each other, remember when I bullied the shit out of you because I was jealous? Damn we were so young, no hard feeling right!"

And Rei be like "Yeah I totally forgot about it!".
We didn't get to see Rei's reaction to it at the time, now she has definitely moved past it but all we got of her on the last panel was just ceiling view of her sitting facing the table followed by current Rei actually telling the story.

Dex-chan lover
I knew I was going to dislike misaki for being a shithead but kosaki being such a massive pos for manipulating this entire situation and throwing rei under the bus to get what she wanted I did not see coming
Yeah well she was allowing everything to happen and said basically nothing so she was an issue regardless. Even confiding in Misaki after she saw how horrible Misaki had been was a major flag. She would have to be stupid not to know what Misaki would do with that info.

Dex-chan lover
It explains why Rei acts as she does and also adds context to how others (mainly Claire) treat her, that's why. Plus she didn't say she forgave them, really. She was more calming down Claire and Lily than anything. Gotta let the story progress to see how these events will affect it, first.

Dex-chan lover
i literally love every single idiot involved with the love square and i wont hear any bad-mouthing against them.

heaven forbid a girl do anything :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (lmao)
what the fuck

---

For a weird lighthearted manga the tonal whiplashes are starting to make my neck hurt. What's with this author and writing the most insufferable bitches just for them to be an asshole, get away scot free, and then leave the plot? Character development, intrigue and drama, sure, but it's been one anticlimax after another, tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread