I'm in Love with the Villainess. - Vol. 7 Ch. 33 - Oohashi Rei's first love (1)

Double-page supporter
This is a surprise. Usually, there's more stigma and shaming toward gay men, and significantly less toward gay women. Is this a Japan thing?

Dex-chan lover
You know, i always knew that schools were somewhat toxic, but not this toxic. Perhaps it's just because i didn't hang out with girls and i heard that unlike BOIS with their physical violence girls are more mental violence.

Uhm, so is no one else recognizing that the ostensibly anti-gay girl is a closeted homosexual who was stalking the MC and has attacked out of jealous suspicion?

Actual heterosexuals rarely care much about homosexuality. The fight is mostly between homosexuals playing straighter-than-thou and those whom they victimize with this pretense.
I have seen this a million of times irl, almost as big as a trope like the friend of the lesbian mc being ultra kkk but for lesbians

"actual heterosexuals rarely care about homosexuality" dude you're like partly right but then you just go off in some weird wack direction, what you said makes it sound like most of the homophobes be it american conservatives or well like the entirety of the middle east are gay? like yes some closeted gay people are homophobic, but claiming that most homophobes are closeted gay is just wrong
He hasn't seen the videos :pepela:

Double-page supporter
Uhm, so is no one else recognizing that the ostensibly anti-gay girl is a closeted homosexual who was stalking the MC and has attacked out of jealous suspicion?

Actual heterosexuals rarely care much about homosexuality. The fight is mostly between homosexuals playing straighter-than-thou and those whom they victimize with this pretense.
Just wait. This backstory is about to get into a whole mess of a love polygon, and just wait until we get part 2 of the backstory in a few more arcs. It's juicy and doesn't shy away from being political

Dex-chan lover
When your peers are horrible little creeps like that, it's better to be an outcast than to have to conform to their nasty little world.

Dex-chan lover
This is a surprise. Usually, there's more stigma and shaming toward gay men, and significantly less toward gay women. Is this a Japan thing?
Yeah. Women are expected to "grow out" of any same sex feelings. And in general Japan does not accept non-conforming behavior. Even going as far as making a scene. It's one of the reasons people get away with molestation because drawing attention is also seen as bad.

Shiiko was already outcast and Misaki is in the process of othering Rei.

Dex-chan lover
Misaki actually becomes more sympathetic bc in the novel
they’re all in a love quadrangle

Misaki → Shiiko
(bully)  (otaku)
↑      ↓
Kosaki ← Rei
(bully’s bff)

Misaki bullies Rei bc she has internalized homophobia and her crush is in love with Rei MEANWHILE Rei thinks Kosaki (bully‘s friend) is cute and nice but she’s actually a green tea/white lotus bitch and was manipulating things behind the scenes

Also Misaki later comes out as trans man and Misaki and Rei reconnect and become friends

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
so much for being a friend... Women always backstabbing one another.

Dex-chan lover
Misaki actually becomes more sympathetic bc in the novel
they’re all in a love quadrangle

Misaki → Shiiko
(bully)  (otaku)
↑      ↓
Kosaki ← Rei
(bully’s bff)

Misaki bullies Rei bc she has internalized homophobia and her crush is in love with Rei MEANWHILE Rei thinks Kosaki (bully‘s friend) is cute and nice but she’s actually a green tea/white lotus bitch and was manipulating things behind the scenes

Also Misaki later comes out as trans man and Misaki and Rei reconnect and become friends
Your bit about Kosaki being the manipulator intrigues me, may I ask you to spoil?

Dex-chan lover
fell in love w the shitty homophobe girl instead of the cute nerd whos alrdy into u :[

unluggy
It didn't seem like the one she liked was upset with her, it looked like she was just forced to go with the flow or else risk social death. It was mainly that tomboy bitch. If I had to guess, they both liked her and the tomboy knew so she was just trying to get Rei out of the picture so she could have her to herself.

Dex-chan lover
Please put this under spoiler tag

You should also spoiler that btw

Even if we assume that boys are more likely to be mistreated for stepping outside of their gender role than girls are, that does not mean girls are not mistreated at all for the same. LGBT+ youth face an increased risk of bullying e.g. in the US too, so this is not unique to Japan at all.

https://www.stopbullying.gov/bullying/lgbtq
https://www.thetrevorproject.org/research-briefs/bullying-and-suicide-risk-among-lgbtq-youth/

Last edited:
Although, I already read the novel and understand Misaki more, but damn does this still make me want to punch her in the face. Probably because now I know what her face look like

Users who are viewing this thread