I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 7 Ch. 34 - Oohashi Rei's first love (2)

Power Uploader
what the fuck

---

For a weird lighthearted manga the tonal whiplashes are starting to make my neck hurt. What's with this author and writing the most insufferable bitches just for them to be an asshole, get away scot free, and then leave the plot? Character development, intrigue and drama, sure, but it's been one anticlimax after another, tbh.
It's understandable because this series started as a web novel by an amateur writer without help from an editor. The thing with these self published web stories is that they're often more like vehicles for the author's pent up feelings rather than well-crafted pieces of fiction. From what I heard, the manga has toned down the original tonal whiplashes significantly and improved some questionable parts, though of course they didn't alter the plot.

b58

Double-page supporter
... okay I guess this wasn't horrible, but I still can't shake off the feeling that this manga just tries to go for the most contrived thing imaginable every time, and the story suffers from it.

Also I'm kinda wondering how is Rei rephrasing that whole story to Claire and Lily so it makes sense in-universe, this world for sure doesn't have fucking yuri fanfiction websites for one thing

Dex-chan lover
"After we graduated."

Huge ass beer mugs on the table.

So like 5+ years later and they probably were smashed as fuck. Well, at least it was between them and not the whole class/school so I think this isn't the most unbelievable outcome but it's still a long shot.

The nun going ballistic and ready to run the inquisition over this story was cute.

Dex-chan lover
The short hair bully made me so mad my nose started to bleed. She reminds me so much of someone I know irl.

Dex-chan lover
Meanwhile two hoodlums can be seen roving around the streets of Rei's hometown... in the wrong world of course. Man they going to get annoyed when they can't find em.
They'll find similar-looking mustached and monocled girls coincidentally also named Misaki and Kosaki

• Funny
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
This entire situation is terrible, like not even on the MC is okay with it but tragedy happened, but on the almost everyone needs to re-evaluate what makes you human and maybe spend 10 years bettering themselves and asking for serious forgiveness from the victims and not expected to get it level of terrible.

Dex-chan lover
Obviously don't forgive Misaki and Kosaki for bullying, but that story ended up even more complex and angsty than Rei was willing to say just yet! Wait a bit until Rei's next public service announcement... It's a good Rei PSA though it's all irony and no justice.

Meanwhile Misha is back, and she can poke holes through Rei's past-life stories.

Dex-chan lover
They'll find similar-looking mustached and monocled girls coincidentally also named Misaki and Kosaki
It would be kinda hilarious if they ran into two girls named that and then Rei would have to macgyver some real explanation of why these two who fit the descriptions real well aren't the two. They would probably assume Rei was making up some BS though.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, like a few other LN readers have noted, this isn't the full story. I think the rest will get covered in the next arc, aka the one that's going to start some fights in the comments.
I've been working through my training montage in anticipation lol. But it's not like it's difficult to create arguments here. Anything even slightly confronting creates chaos.

Dex-chan lover
The ending for flashback is pretty lame. Maybe the girls talk after graduate is like this ...

"Remember when I stalk you everyday, take a shot and then bully you? Crazy right. Lol"

"Remember when I say otaku and lesbian are gross? but I actually love it. Lol"

There's more. And yeah, girls talk are wild.

Users who are viewing this thread