I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 7 Ch. 35 - There can be only one

Fed-Kun's army
i already got spoiled for this reveal early on, ive been dreading the discourse that will ensue the whole time

Dex-chan lover
What a reveal :meguupog: Thanks for the translation!

EDIT: Went back to read some previous chapters after this... Are you misspelling strength as strenght on purpose or something? It's not very funny >.<

Group Leader
Can't wait for all the morons to flood in crowing about trans rights despite this being the polar opposite of a person being trans
listen i can agree it's an awkward trans allegory but at the same time
in the novel it is very clearly the authorial intent that yu is a trans allegory so it's a bit disingenuous to make it sound like a fandom misinterpretation. rei has a whole internal monologue about her trans friend from her past life and everything

That last page felt really uncomfortable, why did lilly have to out yu. Is this a secret by or for yu. I guess I'll find out

Dex-chan lover
Also

Also equating trans people to a pedophile organization should get you nuked off any sensible forum ever.
Well you're doubly an idiot, since I was making a joke about frustrating NAMBLA due to him no longer being a twink. That, at least, is the lesser idiocy.

Dex-chan lover
Gay people to pedophiles is not even slightly better but anyways "punching the air" could be read as a celebratory expression as in your pumping your fists. You were looking for punching the wall/ground.

Dex-chan lover
Ah you probably thought the same of bridget you absolute knob. Look. There are multiple trans characters in this manga. Rei loves trans women just the same as cis women. ("Their sex is unimportant but their gender is"). Trans people resonate with all the trans characters and how they are depicted herein, and that includes yuu as a trans woman.
Yuu is a woman who was forcible transitioned and wishes to detransition, you clown.

If trans people are resonating with her, purely on the basis that she's also trans, then that makes them idiots at best. Besides, a certain sort of person resonating with a story does not make that story about them. I can resonate with a story about aliens. That doesn't make the alien human. It just means that I am. Applicability is inevitable in well written stories. Which this is, despite fools like you seeking to drag it down so it fits neatly into your little boxes. Nuance being the eternal enemy of the weak of mind.

Dex-chan lover
Gay people to pedophiles is not even slightly better but anyways "punching the air" could be read as a celebratory expression as in your pumping your fists. You were looking for punching the wall/ground.
Well, I've always heard it used as a negative thing. I could have been clearer, I suppose.

Dex-chan lover
If you want to ignore the entirety of the authorial intent behind the character and the text itself be my guest, sephiroth.
If the author intended it the way you're interpreting it, then the author failed. Miserably. As I don't think so lowly of the author as you clearly do, I'm instead left with the obvious assumption that you're the one misreading it. And... well, what else is there to say?

Group Leader
If the author intended it the way you're interpreting it, then the author failed. Miserably. As I don't think so lowly of the author as you clearly do, I'm instead left with the obvious assumption that you're the one misreading it. And... well, what else is there to say?
have you read the original web novel?
as soon as rei finds out about yu's condition, she compares her feelings to gender dysphoria, and she later talks about her friend in a former life, the transgender man misaki, as why she feels so passionately about yu living as the gender she feels is right. this isn't subtextual readings, this is literally text. no, yu's condition doesn't line up one-to-one with trans experiences, and i think that's unfortunate in what she set out to do, but it is explicitly clear from context of the original story that this was the author's attempt at incorporating a transgender narrative.

Dex-chan lover
have you read the original web novel?
as soon as rei finds out about yu's condition, she compares her feelings to gender dysphoria, and she later talks about her friend in a former life, the transgender man misaki, as why she feels so passionately about yu living as the gender she feels is right. this isn't subtextual readings, this is literally text. no, yu's condition doesn't line up one-to-one with trans experiences, and i think that's unfortunate in what she set out to do, but it is explicitly clear from context of the original story that this was the author's attempt at incorporating a transgender narrative.
Exactly and it's called an "allusion." That's what the author is doing with the arc. What Yu is doesn't really matter that much. It doesn't need to be exact, allusions aren't exact by definition. And what its alluding to is mind numbingly obvious. It's extremely upfront and unavoidable, as you said. Only someone who hasn't read the novels, is the "typical type" or is extremely inattentive would pretend it's not. It's so blunt, it almost knocks you over the head with it. I used to think it was too blunt but then you hear a response like this and you realize why it maybe needed to be even more obvious. It also shows why she felt the need to make this part of her story in the first place; some of these are the same types of folks she criticizes in the story. It's predictable and kind of funny.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Love that Clair is opposed to mistresses and doesn't object to that making her the wife. Third wheel plots are often annoying but Lilly's so much fun I'm happy to see this contest for affection last.

Dex-chan lover
listen i can agree it's an awkward trans allegory but at the same time
in the novel it is very clearly the authorial intent that yu is a trans allegory so it's a bit disingenuous to make it sound like a fandom misinterpretation. rei has a whole internal monologue about her trans friend from her past life and everything
someone was saying that about the flashback arc a few chapters ago and told me "you better be ready because rei will use the T word :cool:" then the arc finished and it never happened, to which they blocked me...so I will again wait because so far that crowd has been telling us things about the LN that have proven to not happen at all in the manga

idk if that means the LN was mistranslated to be this trans ideal thing and it's got everyone in a tizzy or the manga is just not going for the nicheness of the LN if it was like that

Dex-chan lover
someone was saying that about the flashback arc a few chapters ago and told me "you better be ready because rei will use the T word :cool:" then the arc finished and it never happened, to which they blocked me...so I will again wait because so far that crowd has been telling us things about the LN that have proven to not happen at all in the manga

idk if that means the LN was mistranslated to be this trans ideal thing and it's got everyone in a tizzy or the manga is just not going for the nicheness of the LN if it was like that
did you think the arc was done? Because it is very much not. god. you really are ignorant to chalk this up to "wahh the evil localizers and their trans agenda" or to think the manga would somehow flinch away from "niche" stuff when they already kept the incest lmfao. "If it was like that" lmao. maybe dig a little into who the author is and maybe you wouldn't look so foolish thinking it wassome mistake to explicitly discuss lgbtq+ issues esp trans ones.

Dex-chan lover
did you think the arc was done? Because it is very much not. god. you really are ignorant to chalk this up to "wahh the evil localizers and their trans agenda" or to think the manga would somehow flinch away from "niche" stuff when they already kept the incest lmfao. "If it was like that" lmao. maybe dig a little into who the author is and maybe you wouldn't look so foolish thinking it wassome mistake to explicitly discuss lgbtq+ issues esp trans ones.
the incest couple was banished because they committed treason for the sake of "love"

I'd hardly call that an endorsement...and unless this flashback arc has a side plot with a weregender, then I will still wait since it aint over because experience and understanding has taught me that no, a niche trend in a niche category in a medium of entertainment that most people in the creating nation give up on once they get an actual working life will not, in fact, be oh so popular and common unless it was made to export overseas

at that point it is pandering at best and you wouldn't be on this grey site if it were true, you could go buy the official release

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
the incest couple was banished because they committed treason for the sake of "love"

I'd hardly call that an endorsement...and unless this flashback arc has a side plot with a weregender, then I will still wait since it aint over because experience and understanding has taught me that no, a niche trend in a niche category in a medium of entertainment that most people in the creating nation give up on once they get an actual working life will not, in fact, be oh so popular and common unless it was made to export overseas

at that point it is pandering at best and you wouldn't be on this grey site if it were true, you could go buy the official release
???????? "niche trend" yuri has had people openly identifying as lesbians and discussing lgbtq stuff for damn near decades now. And bringing up Lene was not in "this is endorsement" or not. but a point of they aren't going to arbitrarily cut "challenging" yet critically important content from the source material, especially stuff that's critically important to the characterization of the main characters. Like Rei, like Claire, like Manaria, like Misha, like Yuu, Like Lilly, etc. Lene is very important to Claire.
She and her brother are recurring characters and fierce allies of the protagonists.

Dex-chan lover
???????? "niche trend" yuri has had people openly identifying as lesbians and discussing lgbtq stuff for damn near decades now. And bringing up Lene was not in "this is endorsement" or not. but a point of they aren't going to arbitrarily cut "challenging" yet critically important content from the source material, especially stuff that's critically important to the characterization of the main characters. Like Rei, like Claire, like Manaria, like Misha, like Yuu, Like Lilly, etc. Lene is very important to Claire.
She and her brother are recurring characters and fierce allies of the protagonists.
yuri is the category, being anything other than a girl is a trend, didn't make that clear enough... sorry

it'll be cool if we get to see the maid later on like in the LN, but I am more so just watching the manga for the sake of it's own creation rather than watching it for the adaptation of the LN and as such, have as much in that game as a marvel movie watcher has in the marvel comics viewer and so far, it's been a pretty long streak of swings and a miss on people talking about the LN plot on here

it's not like most manga even stick to their LN anyways, it's easier to think of how many stayed faithful to the source than to think about those that did not...think about just how many manga out there seem dry rushed or nonsensical until you read the LN and discover 16 chapters are compressed into 3 panels if they even stick to them at all

example: rebuild world has very little in common with it's LN because quite frankly... MC is a little shit in LN

so while the LN might very well go that way, I am not really going to care, especially with how often things have been "spoiled" that did not, in fact, happen

with that said if the LN is a bunch of trans allegory, cool, if the manga/translations are adapting them in a reasonable way, cool, if the manga does not even interact with that aspect at all for wider appeal, cool

just don't try this whole "LN implied it so it's obviously going to be in this manga and if you disagree you are ignorant because you hate minorities" bit that makes people more likely to look at you funny, then get jaded to further interactions on such topics

Users who are viewing this thread