I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 7 Ch. 35 - There can be only one

Dex-chan lover
And there we go. Onto new events and we finally get the reveal. I don't remember the dodgeball match though but it's been a while. Lily is also more hilarious than I remembered. She's so desperate to get off that 3rd wheel even though she's doomed from the start. Rei clearly only has eyes for one. Her faces are amazing, though, especially during the match.
It's original content specifically to spice up an otherwise heavy lore volume. Kinda just like Rae talks about for the game lol.
Wait.. Does that mean Misha has always been Gae all along ? ô_ô Sure didn't expect that eh
Always been bi yeah.

I just know Loretta was loving that high five from Miss Claire.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

there are so many good faces in this chapter that would all make great reation images, very fun

also guess that shows dont let looks decieve you as lillys primordial wrath really hides behind her normal failgirl attitude

Dex-chan lover
It's original content specifically to spice up an otherwise heavy lore volume. Kinda just like Rae talks about for the game lol.

Always been bi yeah.

I just know Loretta was loving that high five from Miss Claire.
Thanks. That makes sense. I thought so because I didn't even have a vague memory of this game, especially at this point of the story. Probably helps lighten the mood after the dour flashback chapters. Keep the tone balanced, rather than jumping straight into this particular arc. Was fun.
conversations here will also be "fun," now that were here.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
So excited for the rest of the anime. Already loving the voice actresses and can’t believe Aimi and Youko (from bandori as well) also play as Misha and Yu. I loved how the first episode made me laugh so hard at every moment because of how light hearted it was.

The opening theme song and the ending too were absolute bops and it was PACKED of scenes like it even showed little Claire and Lene, making me realize we see what happens to her mom as an animation and I’m going to curl on the floor and sob

Dex-chan lover
Coming from the web novel... man they changed some stuff... though this one's less of a straight bad than the other and more a 'huh.'

Dex-chan lover
now i can see why in anime Yu’s VA is Yoko Hikasa instead any guy VA who can mimic a soothe shota boy voice (example such as Murase Ayumu) :meguusmug:
Yeah the androgynous voice is a conscious voice direction which is why it's like that in the dub too.

Also
this isn't yet established but Yu actually is male-bodied most of the time. During full moon light she becomes a girl.

Dex-chan lover
I really like how this chapter was adapted, the dodgeball match actually helps reinforce a lot the casts characterize- Rod being unintentionally selfish, Thane always feeling like he's on the outskirts but still aiming from the throne despite being the second prince, Misha being loyal to a fault. Plus the very first canon appearance of Loretta's six pack lol. Great chapter all in all, I'm looking forward to seeing Yuu's arc next.

Dex-chan lover
Huh... WHAT???

I'm so happy theres an anime for this, already watched the first episode and now I understand why they got a female VA for Prince Yu

Users who are viewing this thread