I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
so the plot of this manga is that black people is deemed evil in that world? lmao

Speak of racism, if there's absolutely no black skinned people in this particular world(lets not forget Gerald, since he's generally invisible), would it count as 'racism'?

For some reason I always got reminded of Aizen whenever I see a MC without any anger.

That aside, at least I can understand why Dumble would hide the propecy from Harry.
Mongrels really like blaming everything on fate huh?

Instead of "that's what will happen if you act like a bit** to everyone."
it become "its my inevitable fate, but I will change it."

Dex-chan lover
"I want you to give me a name"
"Really? Ok then, Gerald".

Supporter
Is dark skin a racial trait in this world? If not then racism thing doesn't really hold water. More like hating and fearing someone because they have albinism or something (in some backward countries albinos are considered to be witches or cursed and killed as a result). Still stupid and horrible but not racism per se.

The real crime here is calling a being of unimaginable power "Gerald".

Dex-chan lover
I'm rereading this because I forgot everything and damn I didn't remember that she had such a shitty life

Group Leader
"This is not your typical Truck-kun Isekai!"

I like the edge, but I'm also kind of laughing 'cause wao, that escalated fast.

I really like that they made the MC dark-skinned, because pale skin is such a random beauty standard anymore.

Dex-chan lover
wait is she black or not ? last page shows her having a light tan at best

Double-page supporter
Getting isekai'd by her own dad, pretty hardcode.
The biggest question, is her mom isekai'd too?

Dex-chan lover
Whether the MC is black or not, the first few pages literally have the words “Look at that awful hair and skin of hers.” The fact remains that having dark skin in this world is looked down upon.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's more about the whole "this is a visual sign of the spirit of darkness being involved with someone" thing than a "race," her body was altered a fair bit by the sound of it but it's not like she's a different ethnicity than her own biological parents now or something.

The parallels to real world discrimination in general are obvious and all, but to play devil's advocate I suppose they might have something approaching an actual reason to have concerns here in this setting. Perhaps a history of infamous villains turning up with the dark spirit protection over the years. But even then you get to wonder, at which point did they start creating these threats themselves by treating people poorly over it?

Users who are viewing this thread