I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Contributor
So the message I got from this chapter was "arguing about the morality of sending a CHILD to WAR is meaningless because if they have super powers, they'll settle it in less than a chapter" which is like. Really anticlimactic and bad writing. Also a bad message, but the first two things are so strong, I don't think anyone listened to it.

Oh... boy... if some of the spoiler comments are true, I'm going to lose any reason I have to read this manga anymore.
I hope the artist takes some creative liberties and is like "cool she got the light spirit too, but her appearance doesn't change. This doesn't have implications that dark skin/hair = evil, light skin/hair = good at all now"

Dex-chan lover
Oh look, that jealous b**** who thinks everything has to go just like it did in the game she played is biting her nail.

I'm not sure how I feel about this conflict being resolved so quickly. It's been build up as a big point of contention, raising the questions of morality in regards to child soldiers, yet it is all quickly done away with. It almost feels like its only purpose in the story was to improve Claudia's reputation and give that other girl another reason to be jealous.
Hopefully I'm wrong and there'll be more tangible repercussions from this. We shall see.

Thanks for the update!

@Ceiye
the shitstorm in the novel's comments was engaging.
SPOILER
That said, it's an interesting plot point because they'll treat her better, but it's strongly emphasized and even directly said by our protagonist how double-faced and disgusting are those people

Fed-Kun's army
WOOOO can’t wait for the next part.
i mean the comeuppance not the lightened skin part cuz that’s some bs

Dex-chan lover
Welp. Guess that settles that. I was expecting an arc with multiple campaigns but...

Well, what happens now? The Heroine is probably gonna continue to be a bitch, but will it continue to fly?

Fed-Kun's army
@Ceiye
I might be wrong but I never got any racist tone from this. I mean thinking darkness and shadows are scary has been a thing for long because night = you can't see clearly = scary.
As for skin colour, what I got from this manga/novel is that people hated her because she has the blessing of the "evil being" who isn't evil jsut because of darkness but because he almost destroyed the country and prior to that they didn't have any prejudice against him.
As for her, I felt that the colour of her skin scared them not because it's dark but because it's a reminder of the blessing of the evil king (or who they seem to think is evil).
I would've thought this is racist if her skin colour wasn't because of the blessing and was just normal and people hated her because "she was darker than the other people"

Dex-chan lover
I am soooo glad that arc was over before it started. Horay!

Dex-chan lover
That ended quickly...
Too quickly, without any casualties as well.
Why do I feel like something worse is going to happen?
And will it have something to do with the Amelia?

Banned
@Ceiye
nah, the way the author of the webnovel was going for is that there is no such thing as evil or good concepts{ concepts = spirits, colors, magic}, just people can be evil or good. It just that the author didn't do a great job in portraying that.

Dex-chan lover
@Akera93 that are the SJW, they see racism where it isnt, but the places where racism is and need to be taken down ... that isnt racism, that is totally normal and right. They dont even think about it, how they bahave later and that this 2 points are intended and not glorified, but condemned.

SJW are like the feminists .... they are not what they should be and go way to far. In the end they are not better than the things they "fight" because they just behave like that for appereance and not because they believe it.

Dex-chan lover
@xoxa We'll never know since she'll probably be taken care of in the next chapter through the appearance of an unexpected guest. (But that's just what I know from the novel. The manga might decide to expand on it.)

Dex-chan lover
Crazy how people can be racist when tan skin waifus can be just as hot as their light skin counterparts...

awww shes really cute and nice! id love to be her friend if I met her irl ;w;

Oh boy I know the hate for the “fix” is coming. Might be next chapter but no more than 2 chapters for it to pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread