I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Fed-Kun's army
love all the people excusing the racism of lightening skin as if the author doesnt live in the modern age and has access to google. yall clowns acting like the setting of the story is an excuse then complaining that people who dont like the skin lightening part are ~~~ess jay double yous~~~ cucking your racist wet dreams instead of decent humans lmao take several seats

@chuchuchoerry
yah although asia doesnt have racism like in the us, there are big overtones of colorism, and we really do hate to see i.. it's sad too bc this isnt even the biggest offender in the manga
apparently later in the manga she gets the blessing of the light spirit, and that makes her skin like everyone else's, so that unfortunate to see

@chuchuchoerry
do you know that back in the renaissance - which this seems to take place in with added fantasy - people would powder their skin white because it was deemed more beautiful?
This clearly has nothing to do with racism since there isnt even any other "race" in here. She just has a darker skin color, which most white people can attain by tanning. She's not black/a person of color.

hhahaah i have read the novel ands the next chapter will be funny as the Heroine
gets imprisoned and loses her divine protection of the light spirit king after attacking mc in front of everyone

Dex-chan lover
My headcanon says that this could be the start of the war, but since they managed to capture the entire advance force, they used it as pawns to end the conflict.

This might just be the military nerd in me speaking, but it really bothering me that Claudia and her father went to the battlefield without any armor. While Gerald can probably protect them, it is still better for them to be cautious.

Dex-chan lover
Afraid this will get downvoted to hell at the end because of a certain
repigmentation

Double-page supporter
chapter 12 gonna be fun xD
cuz in chapter 11 in raws the fairy queen of the whitewashing appers lmao

@katojana Still racist bc no one in high society other than her friends can
see her as beautiful until her skin lightens up. The only thing that changes is her skin color. Sure, they frame it as "oh well the military says she's a war hero and she was responsible for saving lives" but these high society pricks were the ones who pushed her to go into war knowing she could die a teen, so even if they say "well she's a war hero" the MAIN thing is that the light spirit blesses her and gives her light toned skin. She became "purified" when her skin became white. You can read the room and figure out that's not a cool thing to imply, and it's not the same as her being tan because literally NO ONE ELSE has the same skin tone and she can't even make herself "less dark", she goes from dark skinned to full light skinned. It's nearly the same as if there was another country that existed in this setting with "savages" because they are darker skin toned.

stop advertising the novel TL lmao, shits not even progressed for a year, the translator has 0 motivation on finishing it.

??????????????

She looks Okinawan tan mangawise. What is going on in the comments here?
This sounds really suspiciously like applying American politics to foreigners and telling them "do what we say, we know better than you".

Wtf man. That just backfires, the Japanese Despise that.

Users who are viewing this thread