I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Fed-Kun's army
Raws
unknown.png

scanlated
unknown.png

Check the raws, something weird has happened with this scan. Or maybe this is an quick change by the artist.
https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/official/297000260/4076?mode=horizontal raw link for this chapter

Dex-chan lover
I mean

It's not like I gave a fuck in the first place? Cool, image change, but really? Only one of the characteristics of the Dark King's blessing? Author can't even follow their own story, bah.

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1 her skin and hair was only dark in the firs place is because she was born with the dark spirit king's power. if she did not have his blessing her skin would be as light as everyone else. if the shown any one else had his blessing they would be effected the same way

Fed-Kun's army
@elhessan I feel like this comment would make someone think that this manga was racist if it was taken out of context

Don't dig too deep into the comments if you dont wanna see the worst takes imaginable

I can understand the "In story reason" behind this change: the dark king blessing made her hair, eyes and skin black, so the light king (queen?) blessing partially nullyfied that effect... but seriously, they could have left her skin black and made her eyes grey or her hair white.

Dex-chan lover
@Kampfarsch Because she had the powers of the Dark Spirit king, who, must I remind you, NEARLY DESTROYED THE KINGDOM BEFORE BECAUSE OF THEIR PREVIOUS HOST.

But yeah, keep seeing racism everywhere and being toxic.

Dex-chan lover
Although I stuck with the novel after this, the sudden racelift pissed me off greatly, and it is doing so again.

This was a serious misplay on the part of the original WN author. They should instead have done something like a mixture of the two influences, like leaving the skin and hair alone, but changing her eye color. Or maybe, better yet, put a signature on her that had absolutely nothing to do with her coloration at all.

It would have made more sense, since there is no visible evidence on Amelia that made her look out of place in the population. Neither was there such a thing on Claudia's father due to his wind spirit. If spirits leave some kind of evidence on their contractor, then it must only be the Dark spirit that does it via coloration. A 'marking' that any other member of the population might have is meaningless.

If the author had logicked this correctly, then the other contractors might have a stigma of some type, like a tattoo or mismatched eyes. Then Claudia could have received it from the Light Spirit while keeping her tan, which overwrote the Dark spirit's mark.

And for those people jumping up and criticizing other people for 'seeing racism', the author intentionally turned the story into a metaphor of racism after this point, making it clear that this had been their intention all along, so you can sit down, now.

Dex-chan lover
Default character creator skin tone = 😴

Cute light brown skin tone? = 😤

Though I am biased, I suppose. Grew up around 99% hispanic/latino people, 1% or less white, seriously only ever met like 5 white people IRL lmao

Dex-chan lover
I honestly would not hold it against her if she did turn her back on the kingdom and set it to the flame. They deserve it.

I was always of the mind that Darkness in the form of a skintone would be more black, and the added nature of light would've made her mocha.

i hope japanese fans are just as annoyed as her appearance change as we are. i wouldnt be surprised if they werent.... but im giving them the benefit of doubt right now

It would have been better if the MC kept her dark skin and prove that her race or stereotype is wrong and change the view of everyone about dark spirit but I guess the Japanese author just have it in their culture that girls should have white skin and not dark skin as it is the way to make a good impression for everyone without working hard. Jesus, I hate this white-washing. why can't the author just make the MC proud of her skin then this would have turn out unique and her more likable.

Dex-chan lover
@emofishermen I wouldn't be surprised either since they don't have nearly as much race baiting and racism calling as here in the west. Hell, the whole Uzaki-chan bullshit on twitter is a good thing to look at for their views. I think it's mainly NA and Europe that would even complain like this.

Users who are viewing this thread