I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain

I really really love this scene in the novel but it could've been more if the author did not choose to ...
Change her skin color

Dex-chan lover
Oh
Michael Jackson surgeon is hot
Anyway, next chapter is where it hits the fan and close to the end, as the bad girl gets put in her place and the heroine is "normal" the core of the story is done, it was a short novel from the start so at least they shouldn't try to make it longer with new plots, that would feel less heavy now.
The mother tries to get closer after it but of course MC is not like them and deny the old bitch.
The dumb blondie is a unfortunate character, she was lost in the novel even before dying so instead of accepting that the world was real and the people in it could behave differently and ignore the plot she had a one track mind that everything would have gone like she knew/wanted, she was made to lose.
"Sadly" for her this is not one of the isekai novel/game stories where the world does it darnest best to follow the original plot, by making some characters behave in a way don't even them understand to making bad things happen around the heroine(ours) to make people think she is bad, the only case was when the little brother fell and she saved him but then didn't explain to the family because she thought it was anatural reaction.

I just skimmed the next chapter, and I am thoroughly disgusted.
the poor girl has absolutely dreadful parents, and the fact that everyone is now nice to her due to the change in skin tone is terrible

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, since I am not going to read through 240+ comments just to check, but I am going to call it now that it would be really funny if it turns out that Garald (Dark spirit king) and Grace (Light spirit king) are actually married or that they are not on good terms because of a breakup or something like that 😂

This series is cringy and cliche as hell,especially if you're used to read webtoon/webnovel/manga about reincarnation or villainess.

Dex-chan lover
I'm still hating the fact that FML skin is not even in a shade of black, and her hair and pupil is dark blue instead of black....

glossy black skin and eyes/hair IS beautiful you know...

Japanese and their skewed aesthetics...

TBH, the secret last boss one is better than this one.... not the lufasu one, but the almost similar art one...

Okay it’s really awkward to read a manga in western perspective
when the story revolves around a girl who is bound with a dark spirit that makes her skin hair and eyes “black” (when in reality her eyes and hair are a dark purple and she’s a LIGHT TAN at best) and that apparently in the last chapter her appearance becomes “”””“normal””””” because her skin becomes white.

I know from a Japanese perspective it is not meant to be racist on purpose but dang....it really is....uncomfortable, to say the least.

Dex-chan lover
It's dumb and vain, but if you saw the shoujo tag and clicked anyway, you really shouldn't be surprised.

@no168_92 It's hilarious how you present your sense of aesthetics as being correct and theirs as being wrong, as if it's an objective constant a physicist can solve for. People are allowed to have different tastes than yours, and it doesn't make them any more skewed than you are.

@melonpalooza It's uncomfortable if you make it uncomfortable in your head. Just take it as it's meant to be if you already get it.

When you don't think too much and read the story as is, it's fine.
@bakaiser not all of them but, in the past few months it's been booming so many of them are popping now

Yeah sure just murder a prince and the children of a duke in front of the frickin king and a bunch of soldiers who just said they owe their lives to the duke’s daughter. #mangalogic

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake

maybe using skewed came across as 'wrong' but subjectivity can also be neither. https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=skewed&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

and by my prev statement, I meant, they themselves predominantly have dark colored eyes/hair but don't appreciate it enough,
plus, fairer skin meant less melanin and that's actually less healthy since more melanin usually equates to more resistance to UV rays and premature aging...

in the end, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder... which would be influenced by media, surroundings, social norms, etc...

but whatever, this is a manga, and is it important? is this convo even important? I'm just bored... lol

Dex-chan lover
@no168_92 It's not important at all, but it's fun for me.

The process of acquiring melanin, if you're not born for it, is harmful in and of itself, and you need to keep exposing yourself to it or the melanin goes away, and also it damages your skin and thus makes you look uglier even if you go back to being fair-skinned in addition to possibly giving you cancer, and then everyone who ascribes to mainstream Japanese culture (i.e. most Japanese people) shits on your look behind your back. It's just all kinds of disadvantages with barely any benefits.

Also, why would they appreciate dark hair and eyes? Something like three out of four people have brown eyes, and even more people have black hair, and if you're in Japan that percentage goes up much higher than that, so why would they appreciate something as easily found as water? It's everyone colored differently who need to appreciate how exotic they are to the rest of the world.

I feel that prince levi (?) is controlling her to do this and then she will be eliminated because she's an eye sore and harshed Claudia

Dex-chan lover
I don’t understand the hate with

Her changing skin color considering she’s originally white anyway her body turned dark when she got blessed with the dark spirit king so it’s technically blackface and not whitewashing.

I wouldn’t even be surprised if at one point her hair or eyes revert back to whatever her parents hair and eyes color are but that could mean the dark spirit king ended up getting weak or leaving maybe at the end who knows

There is like no race issue in the series cause like they only have one race so far at least dunno what the other countries look like

I get that if you were reincarnated as the main character you'd be happy, entitled even realistically, especially if you read light novels and manga, but the current antagonist just seems too dense right now

Manga is....well....enjoyable
just don't look into comments of each chapter or anywhere, they are filled with blm activists who see racism everywhere
you are saying that black people are hated but their "hate" escalated exactly after these "PEACEFUL BLM PROTESTS" so the blm story actually repeats the lgbt or feminism (no one really cared about them until they majorly started going public and "feeling offended")
i didn't want to talk about this filthy thing in this manga community, but you are the ones who started it anyway

it's surprising how these people didn't find the white cat with yellow patterns (mangadex logo) racist

WTF🤬 they made her light skinned in the next chapter. What bs! What’s wrong with her being dark? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Users who are viewing this thread