I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain

how did the comment section of fantasy manga with a reincarnation plot turn into a discussion about racism?
go into a corner and be ashamed of your immature behavior you internet justice warriors.... or at least look up the definition of racism because its realy embarrassing to read arguments that lack any notion of logic.

but more importantly since this is afterall the comment section of a manga who else would bet that those two spirits are married and were just having a 7(000) year itch?

I dont know what the hell is going on in the comment section, but to those who are interesting, do read this. I find it quite enjoyable.

n0a

Why is the main character's skin whitewashed so hard? It's like the author's never read a manga with the sports ace type of girl, they're so cute.

"why is her skin so whitewashed" she... seems fine in the manga itself? while i admit that the lighting's /too/ light... the ahading in the manga itself is fine. that said, i'm looking forward to future chapters! claudia, my cute daughter T_T <3

I feel so conflicted whenever i open this manga and look at comments. I get that racism is a big issue that the world is facing but at the same time is a kids manga about a girl who got a dark skin, hair and eyes because of her powers. Her parents have light skin and lighter hair so genetically she is probably gonna be more resembling her parents. Than her actual looks now. I dont think in anyway is the manga trying to say that dark skin is bad or not good and u should have lighter skin. In fact it wants the reader to sympathize with claudia having to endure such treatment and being strong against adversity due to her power and looks despite her character. Its showing us that you cant judge book by its covers. Your outward appearance doesnt define your as bad person.
Now i do not know how or why she becomes paler as the story goes because i didnt read the novel but there is probably a reason for that. But the manga is trying to get its reader to think "you are what you are and you define your self who your are not what others think think of you" and yet we force our view on this manga because of how we see the world.

Not saying racism doesnt exist or you shouldn't have dark skin but what im saying is that the message of "your outward appearance doesn't matter as long as you are a good person" is what we should take from this story. Be like claudi

it is funny how even the translating group can ruin peoples days by bringing racism into work that is made to be enjoyed by everyone...the only people that make a big deal of peoples skin color are racists themselves in my opinion. The comments regarding racism...go at it, no one is supporting you unlike the author of the manga and there is no reason anyone should attach garbage to a good manga(or anything else for that matter). my say may not mean much but I still pray this group drops this work so some decent-minded groups can think of picking it up instead.

Comments section is kinda whack tbh. Tf is going on lmao. Cover art's a bit light, so what? I think if ur rly about the issues in like manga this is the least important issue u could be riled up about lol.

Fed-Kun's army
If you thought the racism allegory was controversial among readers so far, just wait till chapter 12 (currently the latest chapter), and then the REAL shit show will start. Get ready for a load of stupid.

I get where the author is heading, but god, its so representative on current Japan's view on skin color and racism. In that they don't see it.

I was reading the LN but after the events in this last chapter....not only the thing other comments have addressed but also the quality in general just dropped from this point on. Yeah this is the last good chapter for me at least. Thanks translator for the ride but this is where i get off

Well I'm glad that she clearly see that people only want to get on her good side now because of the light blessing. I'm disappointed that her skin changed color, I feel like it would make more sense for her hair to change instead. I haven't read the LN yet but I'm really hoping that it goes well from here. I hope her parents will actually deal with the consequences of the choice they have made when she is young.

Group Leader
I wish she could at least flip it on command. Like maybe choose between light skin + dark hair and dark skin + light hair.

Users who are viewing this thread