I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain

To drill it into peoples brains about the color/race...

MC wasn’t feared/hated because of her color, again, she was feared because of being associated with the dark king! Now that she’s associated with the light king AND ONLY BECAUSE OF THE LIGHT KING’S BLESSING, everyone in the kingdom is nice to her! Not her race( even though she wasn’t a race to begin with) not her color! HER BLESSINGS!

U know it wouldve been cool if all her hair turned white and her skin stayed the same ooooorrrrr her eyez turned white. Well, too bad her skin color changed cuz I do love the chocolate milk version of her.

@evilhatsune
You actually made me look for the Legit Covers for the Manga... All of them has her with Light Skin... Except for that one from one of the Translation Groups who made her Skin Color Choco/ Brown... Her skin color change seems to be planned from the very beginning by the Author...

I am so happy they republished it with her darker skin back, but it shouldn't of had to be a republish, that shit should've been corrected waaayyy before publishing it to begin with

It was a poor decision that should have been corrected before publishing. No, no one in the story cared about her color for being "racist." Yes, it was because of her "blessing."

But the point stands is that with the current political climate, this was horribly insensitive at best. Whether or not the characters in the story believe that way, it reads that she is more desirable by everyone, including suitors, now that she has pale skin.

Media, including stories, isn't just the sum of whatever happens in the story. Media has real impact on the real world and on real people. The backlash was absolutely righteous.

No forget it, it’s pathetic to even argue about this in a made up story, don’t care anymore, anyone bringing politics and racism into this made up story is dumb. Gonna enjoy this manga how it is, being offended over something in a fantasy written story is pathetic. Will only think of this manga as entertainment, nothing more.

Fed-Kun's army
I recall reading something interesting. Happened in North Korea, black woman enters a convenience store, and everyone inside start screaming in terror like woman were possessed by dark spirit king. Now SJWs, BLMs, and publisher say: "Can't have that in manga!"

NOT cool! :mad:

@samikay are you dumb? the publisher literally didn't do anything wrong she changed the skin color to light because of the goddesses blessing and then idiots like you hate on this stuff to the point where the author was forced to change it. you type of guys are the problem. This is why we cant have nice things.
Sorry if this was negative.

Reminds me of that washer commercial with the guy flirting and than the girl puts in the washer and he comes out as a Kpop looking star. The idea of bleaching your skin is really unhealthy and attacks people of color weather the the creator meant it or not. It doesn’t change that they think it’s okay to judge people by there skin. Dark spirit king blessing gives dark skin? Than does that mean only white people live in this manga or is there gonna be a dumb excuse like the dark spirit kings people were murder because dark magic looks scary. No on likes the night or shadow puppets? Anyone who thinks this is just a sjw thing is just a babe with no real grip of the world or empathy for even there neighbors. Even the cover makes it look like she got a tiny tan to give the impression she doesn’t have dark skin, when she should lrt have the same shade has the dark king behind her. The creator doesn’t take in the fact that her character what to be loved for who she is. I want someone you’ll love the way I am. It’s just a big red flag of a toxic life if someone loves me only because they can change me after. She made lrt the whole story scream we don’t like ANYTHING dark but if you use the light magic and have light skin maybe we can pretend you never were dark to begin with. I really wanted this to have a better pay out than the creator lrt telling me to go”bleach my skin” if I want someone who doesn’t like me because of the color of my skin. And yes itS the skin because apparently every color person in this world is blessed by the dark king. Looks like hitlers dream of a blonde and blue eye world will never come true because the dark king is a thing in this world.

Wow! It must be amazing to just think of something as a “dumb fantasy story” and ignore real life implications about dark skin! Must be nice to be so white you can just ignore racism! Bet it’s reeaaalll nice!

Also, while i’m sure the scan group has no bad intent. For the love of god can you stop calling her chocolate milk? or chocolate milk goddess? It comes across as so fetishizing and it’s very uncomfortable to read. Can you imagine someone calling you chocolate milk? just yikes all around 😬

After suffering her entire life and trying to make people accept her as she is, the moment she achieves recognition she gets her features changed as a reward?
What the hell was her 14 years' worth of accomplishments for? What the hell was the entire story for? Insane, absolutely insane. What a dumpster fire of a manga, the shit writting doesn't help either.
I rate this trash.

Poor Claudia, being judged merely by her appearance in the manga and real life.
Unless this was actually the author's endgame, specifically changing only her skin color in order to spark a discussion on actual discrimination? Was the author making a seemingly stupid move in fact actually big brained in the end?

I really hope that she doesn’t forgive her parents... her achievements if she accepted it like that... would have all been for naught. They really only changed their attitude bc of the blessing. But her blessing shouldn’t be their assurance that she is good after all. In the end, the blessing showed her the ugly side of humans, changing and flip flopping as soon as they know that it will be of a disadvantage to be unfavorable towards her. Tbh I would have serious trust issues meeting other people after that and thinking of their sincerity. Helping her, being nice, trying to get favors after ignoring and looking away, the sass and pettiness would just pour out... but maybe they will pull a omg she good, is shoujo, omg should forgib, uwu uwu uwu, lets get past this uwuwuwu, after you know, toxic relationships but make it shoujo and forgib like a shiba dog~~~~~

I agree with @Natoto I mean ppl it’s tagged as a fantasy story!!! And what’s there to say that it’s racist because in the story whenever they talk about her black skin they feared it, not look down on it and admit it’s natural for anyone to be awkward to see something new...

Ok, after having read this manga up to the latest chapter, I can finally say that this comment section is full of crybaby b*tch-ass manchildren.
I have no clue how any of this is related to racism, this is the story of a girl who was discriminated for her terrifying world-ending powers - people know she has those powers since those unique people are the only ones born with dark hair and dark skin. People don't hate her because of her skin color, they fear her because she has the same potential as a walking breathing nuke. If this plot is racist, then naruto, with the same shunned MC plot, should be considered racist

ffs stop crying over SJW BS and just enjoy the story

BUT, one thing I do have to admit is that the author was dumb in how he dealed with chapter 12. He could've just mixed her hair color or changed her eye color and easily avoided all this stupid controversy. Nowadays it's impossible to write anything without being careful of stupid SJW stuff

the one thing i can say is this comment section has shown me which weebs to stay away from. lookin at you miguelcoolboy.

yes they feared her power and connection to the dark spirit king, but the skin color was also part of it. fiction or not this was whitewashing STRAIGHT UP. and no matter how hard you try to make up excuses i and others cant unsee the real life meanings.
she still has the dark spirit kings blessing, why not just blend the two colors? suppose thats hard to do as she was already light ish. bet the author didn't have the balls to make her ebony color from the start (that would be more accurate anyways) and have her become the tanned look after the light kings blessing.

there honestly isn't alot of dark skin representation in manga/anime, not for protags at least. (same goes for females, never seen a female protag in a shonen. would be refreshing.) I'm not saying hey lets force a fuck ton of diversity into mainstream anime/manga, write a good story dont force shit, but fuck dude its the same shit every season. buck some trends guys damn!

End of the day I think shes cute light or dark but stop dismissing everyones complaints as "SJW whining" cuz they have a point. your just being stubborn and closed minded to other peoples points.

Users who are viewing this thread