I'm Not The Main Character! - Vol. 5 Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
Interesting. At some point, Yor was contacted to go to a different world and kill a vampire. She even left him in the coffin after death, how nice!

Fed-Kun's army
The sister level 34 already surpassed most of Rex's level 52 stats. I feel sad for the MC 😭😭😭

Dex-chan lover
He pretty much was, if you look at the overall level difference. Radd is 18 levels below Rex, despite that. When Radd gets to Rex's level at 52, he'll likely overshadow him, unless Rex has some kind of growth spurt or evolution.
... other changes class to something with a 24 bonus, and not a 4.

... which I thought he DID by becoming a Sword-Saint!

But, evidently, the one thing that changes everything doesn't change everything?
I must have missed something in an earlier chapter...?

Dex-chan lover

But, evidently, the one thing that changes everything doesn't change everything?
Could be. I was just looking at the raw numbers.

Dex-chan lover
Could be. I was just looking at the raw numbers.
Not even that, bit shouldn't he be able to skyrocket his points, now?
I mean, he would only ever get 6 points per level-up, but now he should get a bunch?
I think?

Dex-chan lover
Not even that, bit shouldn't he be able to skyrocket his points, now?
I mean, he would only ever get 6 points per level-up, but now he should get a bunch?
I think?
Looks like I'll have to go back and reread this one.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! The expressions really complement the story as our MC laments his powerlessness because the original Rex didn’t understand smart levelling and efficiency because he needed to survive…

Dex-chan lover
With the knife's name being "Knife of Regret", I kinda wonder if this is a stat-reset item ("Regret" in this case meaning you messed up your character build and want to restart). The entire idea behind this story's that his stats suck because he started out as a high-level mediocre class, which is why he made his disciples wait to level up, so I feel like at some point he's gonna find a way to revert back to level 1 so he can legitimately level up with Sword Saint stat allocations. And since they just went back after getting that knife, I assume he wanted it for a specific purpose, and with them mentioning his bad stats right before then, seems as good a time as any.

Typically I'd think he's not going to just become an OP MC in a story like this, but he already managed to get a sword saint job, so who knows.

With the knife's name being "Knife of Regret", I kinda wonder if this is a stat-reset item ("Regret" in this case meaning you messed up your character build and want to restart). The entire idea behind this story's that his stats suck because he started out as a high-level mediocre class, which is why he made his disciples wait to level up, so I feel like at some point he's gonna find a way to revert back to level 1 so he can legitimately level up with Sword Saint stat allocations. And since they just went back after getting that knife, I assume he wanted it for a specific purpose, and with them mentioning his bad stats right before then, seems as good a time as any.

Typically I'd think he's not going to just become an OP MC in a story like this, but he already managed to get a sword saint job, so who knows.
You're half-right, the MC really is looking for a way to reset his stats, but the Knife of Regret doesn't have anything to do with that

Fed-Kun's army

Stat gain doesn't change retroactively, if he levels up now he gets the new amount of stats per level but higher level = low level speed while leveling along with people with a significantly lower level.

Dex-chan lover
Stat gain doesn't change retroactively, if he levels up now he gets the new amount of stats per level but higher level = low level speed while leveling along with people with a significantly lower level.
Okay, yes; that's what I was thinking, but... did he not level after that? I thought that while Brave/Hero was leveling since then, that Rex was also leveling?

Or, did I read this wrong, and he did not level? Or... maybe a translation issue?

That's where I'm confused; cos I swear he leveled, so he should have some big jumps, now...

Dex-chan lover
"Zan" as in kaenzan in this context is more like "slash" not decapitation lol. The move is something like "Blazing Flame Slash" or maybe even just "Flaming Slash" or something like that

Double-page supporter
Okay, yes; that's what I was thinking, but... did he not level after that? I thought that while Brave/Hero was leveling since then, that Rex was also leveling?

Or, did I read this wrong, and he did not level? Or... maybe a translation issue?

That's where I'm confused; cos I swear he leveled, so he should have some big jumps, now...
He was 51 when he class changed and was only level 52 now. So he only got the benefit of one levelup.

Also remember his base levelup points he naturally gets regardless of class, is utter dogshit, especially compared to everyone else in the party.

Remember how he talks about anyone who gets 20 or more is amongst the world elite and 25 or more per level is a hero class? MC gets like single digits per level from his own self, and he's had one bad levelup and one with his new class. He's soft locked in his shit stats unless he does that stat reroll he alluded to before.

Dex-chan lover
He was 51 when he class changed and was only level 52 now. So he only got the benefit of one levelup.

Also remember his base levelup points he naturally gets regardless of class, is utter dogshit, especially compared to everyone else in the party.

Remember how he talks about anyone who gets 20 or more is amongst the world elite and 25 or more per level is a hero class? MC gets like single digits per level from his own self, and he's had one bad levelup and one with his new class. He's soft locked in his shit stats unless he does that stat reroll he alluded to before.
NOW ... I get it.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread