I'm the Male Lead's Female Friend

So far even though it's basically word for word of the novel it just doesn't give off the same vibes as the novel does. Also I'm pretty sure Simon was a kuu but now he's not a kuu.
Everything feels lackluster, it just feels like when it gets to the later parts, the parts of the beginning just won't have as much as an impact like it should later on. My friend said Simon looks like he's purposely trying to flirt with Louise Sweeny and I can totally see those vibes in this. In the novel there's no way Simon would ever do that to Ian, especially because he doesn't want to break the close friendship the three have together.
But a am happy to see all the characters fully drawn out. They all look absolutely adorable I would marry Claire in a heartbeat. I'll only be occasionally peeking in to see the characters.

@ People who've read the novel and liked it, if you were to try and sell this to people who've read the same "i won't fall in love with the ML but eventually do", what would be the selling point?? The start is reeeallly cliché and she's already looking denial. I am slightly intrigued, yet I want to know how "worth it" the read would be.

@cloudHooman The best part of this will probably be the close friendship between the three main characters. But according to other readers comments Simon's acting weird so I dont know about that. The other part I really liked about this was original heroine. They really did a job of adapting her and I really sympathized with her. I even felt like she would've been a great main character which is ironic since she was originally one. Other than those two points this is really generic but still a good read if they adapt it well.

it's really sad that we can actually predict what would happen to simon if those two (louise and ian) gets a happy ending and him ended up going far far away, away from them. I think he really deserves his happy ending, all of his life he thinks he's just a second option :(

Dex-chan lover
This is available for free in webtoon (official), it is in indonesian language tho

https://www.webtoons.com/id/romance/just-his-friend/list?title_no=2255

this comic feels like standard fantasy shoujo "will they won't they" with the villainess tag slapped on top. there is none of the underdog goodness or any interesting character development so far for the mc. she is raised in amazing standards and is constantly pursued by the main boys. the supposed actual "protagonist" has more intrigue than a lot of the main cast rn, and she's treated like trash. kind of ironic honestly.

Dex-chan lover
We know the plot, boring as hell, but I must say the art is a beauty. I would like the yuri route though...

images
She looks like a nicer version of Yang.

I really don't get these isekai characters who live in these worlds for a number of years, interacted with the people of these worlds for a number of years, yet somehow still see the people as mere characters of a novel/game instead of seeing them as actual living people who are actually affected by their choices and actions.

At first I didn't recognize this but realized that I've read the WN.

Spoiler but not really: the
botany teacher
is hot
when he takes his glasses off

Users who are viewing this thread