Imasara desu ga, Osananajimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimaimashita - Ch. 24 - I'm Not Crying

Fed-Kun's army
Which folks aren't sympathetic to Aya b/c her traumatic backstory feels like it's in service of this contrast more than anything else - she could have been a contrast to Hikari w/o the grim dark past but that would have required better writing.
A lot of people aren't sympathetic to Aya simply because she exists as a possible love rival to Hikari. The backlash didn't start with her narration dump in chapter 22, it started with her kissing Yuu in chapter 21. You can check the thread, people start complaining about NTR by page 2. If people came here for Yom I'm not sure why they are surprised, the main gag and plot of Ganbare Douki-Chan is Douki-chan getting jealous and fearful of the other girls getting with the male lead before she could. One of the characters in that series is similar to Aya here. She even has a scene with the male lead that's similar to one in this chapter. Maruto Fumiaki is apparently known for these kinds of stories too, but I've never read any of his so I can't say for sure. A lot of people wanted a straightforward childhood friend romance story, and got upset when it wasn't. The story is still not over and, chronologically, we haven't gone past the point they kissed, so it might still end up how they wanted it originally. Well, minus the straightforward part.

And of course this was gonna be unpopular - author has given the ML the typical shoujo villain route. Something like 75% of the shoujo manga where guy FL is interested in/dating gets w/ someone other than FL, it's him choosing a "girl who needs him" over an intimidating FL.
Aya's arc starts a year and half before the cliffhanger, both Yuu and Hikari are in their last year of middle school. The high school entrance exams are in February and the results come out not that long after. The new school year starts in April. Hikari says she didn't really start looking at Yuu with romantic interest till about a year prior, which would have been about the summer time of their first year in high school, and Aya's repeat year. Assuming right after this chapter Aya and Yuu start going out, Hikari starts falling for the Yuu that's either been going out with Aya for a few months, or broken up with her recently. Aya might have made friends with Hikari on the heels of breaking up with Yuu. We'll have to see.

Dex-chan lover
Dropped
I don't like this curve ball in the middle
and this is not a love triangle, this is straight up NTR
I have a good tolerance for this troupe but I appreciate it if they put it from the start, not in the middle

Dex-chan lover
Loving someone, while being physically with someone else
Well then that's a made up definition. Otherwise, who did Yuu cheat on according to this definition?
also you say she's never seen him as a "man", but the talk of feelings never came up, by what we've seen so far..

He wouldn't even know what she see's him as
Is his assessment incorrect? In private, both Hikari and Yuu say she did not see him as a man, can we trust that, one way or another, this truth was made clear to Yuu?
i highly doubt she'd just one day randomly go "By the way, i don't see you as a man, you only my friend heads up"
That's the only two scenarios you can imagine he could've discovered her opinion of himself? Him directly confessing, or her bringing it up out of nowhere? They had been spending a lot of time together, and all kinds of conversations might've been occurring.
Like, Hikari carelessly wearing her loungewear around him, and Yuu is like, "be mindful of how you dress around boys, what if they see this and pounce on you? What if I pounce on you?" and she's like, "nah, you wouldn't do that, I don't see you as a man enough to do that" or something.
but he never made an effort or attempt to get with her
He's made an effor to get on equal footing with her, and failed.

Dex-chan lover
Is this arc still not over yet? This manga feels like you having a happy birthday party then suddenly a killer with rabbit mask came over then shoot everyone except you
You mean like this?

Well at least I know that he DOES have feelings for hikari. As for the friend, the implications she’s giving is serious and horrible but with the way we’re never given time for an emotional connection and I’m constantly being reminded that she’s been a horrible friend to hikari i genuinely don’t really care for any of this arc :/ I’m more interested to see what’s going to happen where we left off with hikari

Dex-chan lover
She says she started to like him at Middle school graduation. Hes looking at his high school entrance exam results. So its pretty much at the same time. He just doesn't even try. Pretty sure FMC would've mentioned if she had turned him down at some point. He essentially set a goal for himself, couldn't meet it, gave up on FMC for no real reason (even though she still lives right next door) and went to fuck this random girl.
It's at least one school term before the graduation. You can see Yami was being pressured to drop out with the talk of tuition for the next term and will you actually study questions. At the same time it was confirmed he failed the entrance exam and she took him to the love hotel.

It's just too bad for Hikari that Yuu gave up right before she noticed that he was a man. Perhaps it's the three months after love hotel scene when dating Yami changed something in him that made him more attractive to Hikari. (Remember that Yami referred to him as "former boyfriend" in Chapter 21.)

Dex-chan lover
A lot of people aren't sympathetic to Aya simply because she exists as a possible love rival to Hikari.

Sure, but I was specifically referring to to why Aya's ultra traumatic backstory isn't making her more sympathetic the way I think it's intended to.

But also, b/c this story is a play on perception, I think it's interesting/intentional that in the Hikari arcs it's brought up almost as an "oh Aya is worldly" - as a facet of strength, while in the romantic arc it's used to show vulnerability.

Which is kinda the point I'm trying to make that the Author is intentionally writing Aya/Yuu w/ the shoujo villain tropes - possibly in an attempt to subvert them by writing out the arc and showing the dynamics.

Aya might have made friends with Hikari on the heels of breaking up with Yuu.

Yeah, I agree that this isn't cheating (since nobody was in a relationship at the time) or some great betrayal of friendship (since they weren't friends yet) and mostly just kids trying to make themselves feel better through unhealthy methods, which at least one of em probably realized given they broke up.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't he refuse to go out with the kouhai because he had feelings for another girl? It seemed inconsistent to me that, given he would not go out with a girl because he had feelings for another, that he would then have sex with a woman he barely knew. I could compare that with better written set-ups but I'm too tired.
It was only assumed that Hikari was the one Yuu was referring to. We still don't know why Ayami and her "former boyfriend" (Chapter 21) Yuu broke up. She could have done it for his benefit (she knows she's toxic) and told him not to contact her because we saw in Chapter 21 that she still has feelings for him, but we don't know how Yuu feels about her.

That's as plausible as any other explanation until we get more information.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of people aren't sympathetic to Aya simply because she exists as a possible love rival to Hikari. The backlash didn't start with her narration dump in chapter 22, it started with her kissing Yuu in chapter 21. You can check the thread, people start complaining about NTR by page 2. If people came here for Yom I'm not sure why they are surprised, the main gag and plot of Ganbare Douki-Chan is Douki-chan getting jealous and fearful of the other girls getting with the male lead before she could. One of the characters in that series is similar to Aya here. She even has a scene with the male lead that's similar to one in this chapter. Maruto Fumiaki is apparently known for these kinds of stories too, but I've never read any of his so I can't say for sure. A lot of people wanted a straightforward childhood friend romance story, and got upset when it wasn't. The story is still not over and, chronologically, we haven't gone past the point they kissed, so it might still end up how they wanted it originally. Well, minus the straightforward part.

Aya's arc starts a year and half before the cliffhanger, both Yuu and Hikari are in their last year of middle school. The high school entrance exams are in February and the results come out not that long after. The new school year starts in April. Hikari says she didn't really start looking at Yuu with romantic interest till about a year prior, which would have been about the summer time of their first year in high school, and Aya's repeat year. Assuming right after this chapter Aya and Yuu start going out, Hikari starts falling for the Yuu that's either been going out with Aya for a few months, or broken up with her recently. Aya might have made friends with Hikari on the heels of breaking up with Yuu. We'll have to see.

How do you know the results come out not long after? They could literally come out the same time as middle school graduation.

Dex-chan lover
It's at least one school term before the graduation. You can see Yami was being pressured to drop out with the talk of tuition for the next term and will you actually study questions. At the same time it was confirmed he failed the entrance exam and she took him to the love hotel.

It's just too bad for Hikari that Yuu gave up right before she noticed that he was a man. Perhaps it's the three months after love hotel scene when dating Yami changed something in him that made him more attractive to Hikari. (Remember that Yami referred to him as "former boyfriend" in Chapter 21.)

When they first meet its February. Middle school graduation is at the end of March. There isn't a time frame for when the results are posted, but it's between those two points. There's no three months in between these two dates.

Japanese school starts in April and ends in March.

Giving up on a life long love in a month just doesn't make any sense. Unless it was shallow as fuck. In which case she deserves better.

Dex-chan lover
This is cute at least. Of course I am still mad, but it was foolish to think a childhood friend could ever, ever win.

Dex-chan lover
Dropped
I don't like this curve ball in the middle
and this is not a love triangle, this is straight up NTR
I have a good tolerance for this troupe but I appreciate it if they put it from the start, not in the middle

Hikari did fuck all to get with Yuu even though she had plenty of opportunities. This is a classic story and a classic message, "you miss every shot you don't take."

Dex-chan lover
I want to remind people, that this is a twitter comic, and that 20 chapter lead up is about 100 pages total. Were this running in a weekly magazine, that's 5 chapters, monthly average that's 2-3 (leaning more to 2 because early chapters tend to be longer).
I guess that's fair. 5 chapters is a first volume twist, and would make it a "OH IT'S TOO LATE, FUCK I GET IT NOW" end note. Which I think this is.

Group Leader
We call sexually conservative boys who get hung up on someone who doesn't like them back incels y'all, not decent :smugnako:
Men are allowed to be sexually conservative. And you're allowed to be in love with somebody who doesn't love you back. That's normal. "Incel" is a word with a definition, which is somebody who blames the opposite gender for the fact that they can't get laid.

Not all men have to be promiscuous. That's toxic as fuck, and weird coming from somebody reading what started out as a manga romcom where the men are known to be shy and not outgoing.

Users who are viewing this thread