Imasara desu ga, Osananajimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimaimashita - Ch. 24 - I'm Not Crying

Dex-chan lover
The tone change after 20 chapters is way too abrupt
If this was a 20 chapter buildup
I want to remind people, that this is a twitter comic, and that 20 chapter lead up is about 100 pages total. Were this running in a weekly magazine, that's 5 chapters, monthly average that's 2-3 (leaning more to 2 because early chapters tend to be longer).

Dex-chan lover
I love how people expect 9th and 10th graders to have perfect confidence, perfect interpersonal skills, and sometimes seemingly mind reading or they are scum, apparently :dogewow:. Man, I went to the wrong high school
Even from that standpoint they are acting too rational, don't you think? Especially in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Even from that standpoint they are acting too rational, don't you think? Especially in this chapter.
How so? While they are articulating better than most teenagers, the actions aren't abnormal. He was uncomfortable because her expression showed she didn't actually want it and so he couldn't perform. She talked big but then started crying because no matter how much she tells herself she can manage this situation, she does feel hurt.

Dex-chan lover
The part after does not contain any definitions of cheating, let alone definitions contradicting the ones I've found in dictonaries
"but you can't tell me his feelings run all that deep, if he rather sleep with some complete stranger he met a couple days ago, instead of actually TRYING to talk with her, or even attempting for it to work.."
- I'm talking about that part

Dex-chan lover
One thing I think we are forgetting here is that he may have had chances and all, but she DID NOT like him in that way when this flashback was occurring. Something changed along the line between this flashback and the present for Hikari to see him in a light where she actually has romantic feelings for him, or if she had romantic feelings for him all along then she finally confronted them and put a label to them.

She says she started to like him at Middle school graduation. Hes looking at his high school entrance exam results. So its pretty much at the same time. He just doesn't even try. Pretty sure FMC would've mentioned if she had turned him down at some point. He essentially set a goal for himself, couldn't meet it, gave up on FMC for no real reason (even though she still lives right next door) and went to fuck this random girl.

Dex-chan lover
How so? While they are articulating better than most teenagers, the actions aren't abnormal. He was uncomfortable because her expression showed she didn't actually want it and so he couldn't perform. She talked big but then started crying because no matter how much she tells herself she can manage this situation, she does feel hurt.
He literally said he couldn't, because her eyes "reflected too much sorrow", which is the last thing you'd expect from an "9th/10th grader" who followed some stranger for horny reasons.. the crying happened AFTER he said that, if they're "rational" enough for something like this, you wouldn't say it's reaching, when people say he could've very well just sought out a conversation with the person he supposedly loves.

Though saying he loved her feels like the bigger reach at this point.

It's not like he has no skills, but rather he never actually tried and instead went for the easier choice.

Dex-chan lover
"but you can't tell me his feelings run all that deep, if he rather sleep with some complete stranger he met a couple days ago, instead of actually TRYING to talk with her, or even attempting for it to work.."
None of that constitutes cheating. Look, you made the claim that what he did is literally cheating, and that's what I am debating. But sure, I can discuss the other part as well
instead of actually TRYING to talk with her, or even attempting for it to work..
We do not see if he had tried conveying his feelings to her, what we do know is that Hikari at the time did not see him as a man, she described him as such to her friends, and he himself says as much about how Hikari sees him, using the exact phrasing, if the translation is to be believed. It is unlikely that he had confessed to her, but at the very least, he had tested the waters and heard back this emasculating opinion about himself, so she's made it abudantly clear to him that that's how she sees him.
Before he could attempt to shoot his shot, he wanted to make sure that he'd be standing on equal ground with her, otherwise he'd risk losing the friendship with her he treasures so much, which would be especially damning since she lives like one meter away from him so he wouldn't even be able to escape the consequences of his rejection.
"but you can't tell me his feelings run all that deep, if he rather sleep with some complete stranger he met a couple days ago
It takes extremely deep feelings for one to stay devoted to someone who they know doesn't love them back, an unhealthy amount of feelings actually. Yuu is trying to forget and move on, because, for all he knows, he stands no chance in getting together with Hikari, who's always been an existance positioned way above him.

Dex-chan lover
I want to remind people, that this is a twitter comic, and that 20 chapter lead up is about 100 pages total. Were this running in a weekly magazine, that's 5 chapters, monthly average that's 2-3 (leaning more to 2 because early chapters tend to be longer).
You're right, but if the story conclude in 30 or 40 chapters it's still a huge part of the whole story, since it'll be 100 pages of a 200-250 pages manga. I guess the total lenght of the manga will matter in the end, but i highly doubt it's going to survive for another 50 chapters :haa:

Dex-chan lover
You're right, but if the story conclude in 30 or 40 chapters it's still a huge part of the whole story, since it'll be 100 pages of a 200-250 pages manga. I guess the total lenght of the manga will matter in the end, but i highly doubt it's going to survive for another 50 chapters :haa:
It will last as long as it lasts, there's no publisher to axe it. It's a side project by the author.

Dex-chan lover
zkmjxpbv962d1.jpeg

I don’t even know why I read the updates anymore, just hoping that it will turn out it was a dream or some shii…I’m finished
I hope it turns out to be shit is what you just said

Dex-chan lover
More than that: is the adaptation of a novel.

The low levels of empathy around here shouldn't surprise me, but man, it really does.

Damn, I know people wanted fluff out of this but this is just excellent writing. Heartbreaking stuff and unfortunately all too real. Hope they can all heal from this, none of these kids (or any kids) deserve this

Dex-chan lover
Why did half the people in this thread lose their mind this girl went through some of the worst trauma imaginable and you're whining about how she's disrupting the fluffy fl. Sure this is a huge change in narrative but it's really good so stop crying about it and just enjoy reading a well thought out story

Users who are viewing this thread