Imasara desu ga, Osananajimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimaimashita - Ch. 24 - I'm Not Crying

Dex-chan lover
Why did half the people in this thread lose their mind this girl went through some of the worst trauma imaginable and you're whining about how she's disrupting the fluffy fl. Sure this is a huge change in narrative but it's really good so stop crying about it and just enjoy reading a well thought out story
"Hey Bill, I know this story is about the whimsical adventures of a child with his imaginary living stuffed tiger, but let's turn it into a psychological drama about how his father cheated on his wife and its consequences." - Bill Waterson's editor, probably.

People weren't here for that, that's why they turned. It's an interesting twist in my opinion and I want to know how this will be further explored, but don't be a fool and pretend everyone is going to be on board with this decision, specially with how dark things have turned.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
He wasn't too pure to have sex with Ayami. He just couldn't get into it because she wasn't into it. And he's a hormonal teenage boy. Of course, he's gonna get roped into it. And this is the start to developing their rapport. Can't you see the connection they made at the end there?
Didn't he refuse to go out with the kouhai because he had feelings for another girl? It seemed inconsistent to me that, given he would not go out with a girl because he had feelings for another, that he would then have sex with a woman he barely knew. I could compare that with better written set-ups but I'm too tired.

Fed-Kun's army
She says she started to like him at Middle school graduation. Hes looking at his high school entrance exam results. So its pretty much at the same time. He just doesn't even try. Pretty sure FMC would've mentioned if she had turned him down at some point. He essentially set a goal for himself, couldn't meet it, gave up on FMC for no real reason (even though she still lives right next door) and went to fuck this random girl.
Well, didn't she say she would have rejected him if he confessed when she first learned that he tried to get into the same school as her?

Dex-chan lover
Well, didn't she say she would have rejected him if he confessed when she first learned that he tried to get into the same school as her?

No, she says "for the me back then who has never even had the thought of love cross their mind, maybe I would've turned him down." Saying she doesn't know how she would've replied.

Dex-chan lover
None of that constitutes cheating. Look, you made the claim that what he did is literally cheating, and that's what I am debating. But sure, I can discuss the other part as well
I said what you said before, is the definition of it "Loving someone, while being physically with someone else", i didnt say they're dating.

You say he is devoted and all, but he never made an effort or attempt to get with her, also you say she's never seen him as a "man", but the talk of feelings never came up, by what we've seen so far..

He wouldn't even know what she see's him as, since he never tried bringing it up and i highly doubt she'd just one day randomly go "By the way, i don't see you as a man, you only my friend heads up", you could say he's never seen her as a "woman" just as much, if we look back at chapter 1.

Dex-chan lover
zkmjxpbv962d1.jpeg

I don’t even know why I read the updates anymore, just hoping that it will turn out it was a dream or some shii…I’m finished
Nah this how I feel rn 😭 this supid bitch could die and I'd suggest adding the comedy tag cause that'd be the funny and only thing this manga can do right

Double-page supporter
If you are going to go for the twist don't give yourself an off-ramp two chapters later. This is just poor writing. I was all for the twist but to then say, wait, he was really in love with Hikari via off-screen discussion was just bad. Show don't tell and all. And if he was in love with Hikari, and too pure to have sex with a woman he barely knew, why was he agreeing to go to the love hotel in the first place? I'm fine with flawed characters - in fact I love them - but there has to be a reasonable in-world justification for the behavior and Ta-kun's doesn't make sense given what we know about him so far. He doesn't strike me as a Paul Greyrat. They developed no rapport to justify the kiss in chapter 21. They needed to at least develop the relationship to the point where sex was a reasonable outcome.
He literally is SHOWING and not telling you how we got to where we are. The justification is he's a teenage boy who does stupid stuff just like every other horny teenage boy. And once he got to having to go through with it, he couldn't. The lack of self awareness in this comment section is actually astounding.

Dex-chan lover
She says she started to like him at Middle school graduation. Hes looking at his high school entrance exam results. So its pretty much at the same time. He just doesn't even try. Pretty sure FMC would've mentioned if she had turned him down at some point. He essentially set a goal for himself, couldn't meet it, gave up on FMC for no real reason (even though she still lives right next door) and went to fuck this random girl.

Does that mean then that I should have told my best friend in high school that I had feelings for her and wanted to date her...without actually knowing how she felt? So I could mess up our friendship if the answer was no?

She clearly says she doesn't know how she would have responded if he had told her he had feelings for her while they were in middle school and showed absolutely no signs whatsoever that she was into him in that way. If I were him I would have taken that as a clear indication I SHOULDN'T say something so as to not ruin what we already have.

By all accounts if she doesn't seem to show signs of being into you AND you can't reach the goal that you set for yourself to stand out so they will look at you then a teenager would think to move on to something else...especially if they want to forget the pain.

But apparently I am the odd one out here.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't get his state of mind at all. This is straight-up hentai logic for me. He loved a girl for years, never told her, set up some made-up barrier of getting into the same school, and when he failed in that, just one event, not even trying to confess, he jumped in bed with the first person who offered. To me, this really puts in question if he was even in love, or just wanted to "catch up to her".

My main issue is still me not caring about those events that have no real influence on the main plot. The fact they dated is probably enough, and no matter what happened, it still won't make me root for the girl who backstabbed her best friend.
The one thing that we know for certain about Yuu's feelings is that he had an inferiority complex towards Hikari. He got smacked in the face with the idea the rivalry he cooked up in his head was one-sided and he couldn't compare to her. Hikari didn't even know that he applied to the same school at that time. Aya was there to comfort him after the test and after the result posting. I don't think it's that farfetched that he would have gone with the comforting and playful senpai, from the outside, when all of his plans went wrong. Knowing Aya's persepective colors all the interactions they have, but without seeing how she interacted with Hikari, I don't think we would have seen that she's putting up a front in her own head. Just like how Yuu apparently changed in the half year gap, Aya changed as well. With this chapter we already see that they're licking each others wounds, there's probably more in store. I think the ambiguity in Yuu's "love" for Hikari is pretty intentional and it won't be resolved till we get his arc or something more direct from him.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, but if you wanted to tell this arc, you could have, you know, not inserted it in the middle of a happy, light-hearted childhood friend story.
Yeah, this is my main issue with it.

I honestly wouldn't even mind the tonal shift if I could at least look back and see the seeds of this being sown, even if it was subtle or seemed inconsequential at the time.

But there's nothing like that, like at all. We learned about Aya's potential promiscuity, but that's not nearly enough

Fed-Kun's army
No, she says "for the me back then who has never even had the thought of love cross their mind, maybe I would've turned him down." Saying she doesn't know how she would've replied.
That definitely sounds like she wasn't in love with him. You are not in love if you've never had the thought of love cross your mind.

Dex-chan lover
That definitely sounds like she wasn't in love with him. You are not in love if you've never had the thought of love cross your mind.

Never said she was in love. She says she started to see him as a man at middle school graduation.

Also doesn't mean she would've turned him down.

I went in blind and just read the whole series from start to finish in like 90 minutes.

The slice of life stuff was cute and fun but utterly predictable. Then Aya went rogue and turned this into a must-read. When we return from flashback to the main story shit is gonna jump off SO HARDDD

Double-page supporter
YOU BITCH I DON'T CARE FOR YOU I'M SORRY BUT PLEASE DON'T TAKE OUR BOI FOR HER LOVE PLEASE I'M SORRY

Group Leader
Yeah, author is going full scorched earth with the trauma dump.

What's next? She got a rape baby and had to abort it at a dark alleyway with a rusty clothes hanger?

How far are we taking this "dark arc" author?
she will give birth and force the child into early labor to help pay back the debt her mom left her when she got abandoned by the step-douche.

Dex-chan lover
the fuck are we cooking now
but for once, not in a negative way
not in a positive way either

Dex-chan lover
you're whining about how she's disrupting the fluffy fl.

Thats why she's written this way though - this chapter explicitly reinforced that she's the vulnerable needs Yuu's help opposite of definitely doesn't need him Hikari. Her trauma was hinted at in the Hikari chapters but is fully laid out here to emphasize their differences. Which folks aren't sympathetic to Aya b/c her traumatic backstory feels like it's in service of this contrast more than anything else - she could have been a contrast to Hikari w/o the grim dark past but that would have required better writing.

And of course this was gonna be unpopular - author has given the ML the typical shoujo villain route. Something like 75% of the shoujo manga where guy FL is interested in/dating gets w/ someone other than FL, it's him choosing a "girl who needs him" over an intimidating FL.

Users who are viewing this thread