Ingoshima

how can you rate this 5, its at least a 7, i think of it as the game forest with a better horror setting... the artstyle the atmosphere is pretty good, characters and the rest not so.. but still the tribe,place, atmosphere and artstyle are really good... actually kinda sad how people dont like certain things and crush the author like that

im confused about chp 38-51. I went to the site on the chpater but it confusing to use.

Power Uploader
@leyuen - At Chapter 37 the chapters in the currently printed volumes ended so instead of waiting for the next volume to be printed we begun translating the chapters as they are being released by the publisher online, unfortunately the number is different but no contest is lost or skipped.

Double-page supporter
@nwatn / @TeamJoker Because of people "hurr, durrr, rape is bad!11!!"
When this manga was released here it was "review bombed" because of the rape thing in the beginning.
It's impressive how people can review a manga after only reading a couple of chapters.

The art is nice, the tits are great, but that creepy virgin dude just pissed me off. I'll read this again once he gets his head splintered.

@loki266
I don’t disagree that the atmosphere is good for a horror setting, or that this is a good horror series, but the reliance on sexual violence just isn’t my thing. I personally rated this a 1 because I just don’t enjoy the series. I’ve read 12 chapters, and I just did not like it. Like, at all. Sure, it’s a horror series, you’re not really supposed to like what happens in it, but I’d rather read a series that I enjoy reading than one that exists just to gross me out.
So for me, it’s not “hur dur rape is bad” but rather “Why would I continue to read a series that’s only selling point is its sexual violence? It’s just not my thing”.

Double-page supporter
@Danthefan Yeah, I can understand your logic, but if you gave it a second chance, you'd see that the story doesn't rely solely on sexual violence anymore. I believe they made the first chapters that way for shock value, just to get attention. It's a pretty common thing in mangas. A good example of this was Shokugeki no Soma, as in the beginning there was a lot of ecchi fan service, then the author toned it down when the series popularity was stable.

Power Uploader
@anoman and everyone else, we will say this again as I guess some people don't bother reading the notice or the other comments:

(a) We don't split chapters or make them smaller! From chapter 52 onward the chapters are not from printed volumes but from the ONLINE official publisher (line is in the RAW section above), the publisher chose to publish 8-15 pages and release every Monday, we translate them as they are, nothing we can do about that.

(b) No content was skipped! As expected the numbering between printed volumes and the ONLINE version is different due to the fact the chapters online have smaller number of pages. We took the decision not to wait for the volumes to be published so there is a numbering gap not a content gap. If you read the content you'd have realized that by now...

When it comes to rating, well we believe the rating does not reflect the quality of the art of the story but the reader's reaction to more sensitive topics like sexual violence, rape, etc. We like this manga and and as much as we can we will translate it even if it has a rating of 0...

@loki266,
I still check in on the series occasionally, and judging by the most recent chapter it seems like they still use sexual violence as one of the main selling points. Not that that’s bad, I’m sure it works story wise. I totally agree that Shokugeki no Soma see echo fan service as it’s kain hook for a good number of chapters (and beyond), but I mean 12 of the first chapters of this series aren’t my thing. At the time there were only 30 chapters out, so basically I read around 50% of the series. I just don’t think it’s my thing. Once again though, it seems like a pretty good horror series.

Users who are viewing this thread