Inkya de Wotaku de Binbou Dakedo Bijin Ojou-sama ni Osaretemasu - Vol. 3 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
A sort of interesting series at the start that ended in a wet fart. I hate these whole "let's not see each other for X years" and reunite for the last page type of endings. They are stupid. No one left the country, Japan's not exactly huge, it takes nothing to meet up occasionally for the hell of it.

Supporter
I agree with the staff that things were going fine up until the end of 13, where the pending end of the series was basically quietly announced...

Double-page supporter
That sure was an ending, but it really felt that the story ran out of steam early. Happy the chapter was a nice meaty 43 pages, but I can feel like they just didn't have enough to push the story longer than this. And that 5 year gap was a weird way to jump to the conclusion. Yeah, the story had nice memory moments, but it just didn't have any legs.

Supporter
Sad it ended so soon but glad that it at least got a proper ending

Kinda weird that only his girl high school friend had no indication amongst his peer group of how she was post time skip

Dex-chan lover
I just realized this was the second time that this sort of swift axe has happened to this author. Sensei Can't Teach Me Love got a sudden flash-forward wrap-up too. And it was also deeply unsatisfying. The only difference is that its story wasn't as aggravating as this one became. I actually really miss that one.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for bringing this up to this point; and releasing both 16.1 and. 16.2 together was a good move.
Unfortunate that it got axed but I guess both author and editors can't make it anymore interesting than it is and can't warrant a longer life for it.

But yeah, as far as axed works go, even the conclusion is kinda cringey. And I always find it baffling some stories go for this "did not see each other for a long time" theme (like that one route in Seiren) but in this case, Eiji just did himself a self-denial or self-deprival by not seeing Aoi for 5 years and will only see her once he actually debuts as a true author by his own abilities. Like isn't that kind of "dangerous"? He's lucky Aoi is truly loyal to him. Well, I guess they tried to create the "went for a long journey" theme so that their reunion will be much sweeter (even though he just avoided seeing her for 5 years).
Well, anyway, I just hope that Eiji will do better than how his father did in his career.

P.S. RIP Hikari (twin-tail girl and supposedly Aoi's romantic rival). - you are the main casualty of this axe; you only appeared in the final flashback and was never heard from again :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
The ending is blah.....there are lots of loose end that isn't resolved. What happen to his dad?

giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad they ended up together.. but I'd have preferred seeing him work up to this rather than the previous BS instead..
I am also not a fan of the "Let's timeskip, and during said timeskip, not meet or talk, then let's just meet up once said timeskip is over and everything is resolved!"

I would have rather seen them dating during that period, THEN have the proposal.. but again, it's over, it's done, they still got together and it was still pretty cute.

Users who are viewing this thread