Iron Ladies - Ch. 262 - Great War master

Thanks mate for translation, better quality than before :D
I'm so happy that I can still read this :)

Double-page supporter
Am I wrong or is this the second time this chapter is uploaded here on mangadex?
I read it yesterday I'm sure, but I don't understand if it was canceled by the staff or by those who had uploaded it.

@MrE Yes Allen has left this manawa, if I did not misunderstand the reason was that he was fired from I don't know which manufacturer.
If you read the last page of the previous chapter, you will find everything written there.

Dex-chan lover
@Ifrittuccia
From Allens Discord:
Tencent, the publisher and owner of Iron Ladies, has published its own English version of Iron Ladies. They named it "Metal Goddess Soldier." At the time of writing this, they have released five chapters. The quality of their translations is above average. Their word choices are 90% similar to mine. However, they do use Chinese style grammar structures and Google Translate for difficult terms.

@Ifrittuccia
Allen wasn't hired by anybody, he was just doing it for fun.... though he is well deserving of reimbursement for doing so.

He stopped because an official "translation" has begun, and this is because he likes to respect the IP rights where an equivalent work exists, and also I guess because he doesn't to draw attention and get DMCA'd.

He can be considered the ultimate opposite of the artists who get paid with "exposure". Not only will he do your work for free, he'll also pay you with exposure.

Thanks for the chapter!
Considering the last panel it seems Beiyang knows Mu isn't dead but are pretending he is as nobody is showing signs of extreme despair, Lu said he wasn't there not that he was dead, and Shenyuan's comment about stealing her son in law which means she knows he's still alive. Likely to trick Anti-Dragon Alliance into overextending and revealing themselves thinking their main opponent is dead. After all, the anti-dragon part is just a cover for being anti-Daxia so they've just lost their public reason for existing. What I'm wondering is if his real body wasn't the one used to fight the Assassin leader and save the supply ship, where is it? Probably not on the main ship since Lu said he wasn't there and therefore taking command. Also, Yuan hasn't made an appearance since she ko'd Dowager Empress Pleides and left the room with the emperor. We saw him back in Beiyang later but nothing about her yet so what's she up to?

People seem to be confused by the spirit bodies and Allen's translations. Long and short, Mu's main body took on a few instances throughout the story, he's the one with super saiyan long hair. He created at least two known-source substitutes (the earth tier copper mouth and the bug lady), and his own body is soul tier with dragon empress. I don't know where he acquired the material, but he made a sub him, and a third battle form when he went to assist the crow fleet. The real one's whereabouts are unknown presently.

Allen translates as a hobby and withdrew from iron ladies to avoid legal issues with the license. Everyone agrees his translations are unmatchable by tencent, or the groups that did the machine translate. (machine translate loses several idioms and meanings along the way) The official release will take roughly 5 years to catch up with a proficiency roughly 90% of what he had, with stiff phrasing here and there. And the new group/groups are continuing with machine translates cause of "it's better than nothing", but they do risk legal backlash :S. Neither will be Allen's quality in any case, and unless he miraculously is gifted the license to do what he wants by tencent, he won't pick the series back up.

(hope that answers stuff/makes better sense)

Contributor
Had posted my version of a proofread script for the original chapter 262 before it and it's comments were deleted.
Explanations given for why I used different terms, tried to use the same terms from previous chapters for consistency.
Page numbers are off by 1 page now because there's one less extra page from the group in the beginning now.

Do with this as you will.

First: Translated ESP – ENG (not ING)
Second: Commas are not periods ( , =/= . )

Page 3

Top half:
Deserving to Die -> Deserved to Die
Full of Badness -> Full of Evil
World Joy
Countless Sins

Bottom half:
Evil Dragon’s enemies have already offered funeral wreaths and thrown a party in mourning.
Countries of Dragon Slayer Alliance have arranged great feasts and are celebrating them everywhere.

Page 4

Top:
Evil Dragon, Dead or Not?
The bets of Three-Legged Crow have already surpassed a total of Six-Hundred Billion.

Middle:
The paparazzi photographed the different fleets from Beiyang hanging white lamps
Also photographed, a four-legged Auntie crying.
My son-in-law!! Buaaa!! What a tragic death he had!!! Buaaaaa!!!
Bottom:
People say that the Lord of the Ten King’s Hall attacked personally and turned him into dust
Evil Dragon, if you truly have died, let me know in my dreams

Page 5

Top:
That female monster looks a lot like a human, I wonder if she has a boyfriend.
(Original: That female monster looks a lot like a human, I wonder if she will have reproductive isolation
See note later about reproductive isolation.)
The human form should only be its transformation, the monster is the true form

Bottom:
I’ve been single too long, even a monster seems like a beauty
Be careful, in space the females of some monsters eat the males
(Previous chapter they referred to her as a universe monster / monster.

Page 6

Top:
Your soap

Bottom:
AHHHHHH
The female monster wants to eat us!!!

Page 7:

Top:
I should have noticed, the reincarnation battle form is related to death and the youming, the stage belongs to the yin.
(Not sure here: googled youming and seems to mean: famous, well-known, noted, renowned, celebrated.
Since reincarnation could be related to life and death.
Further, googling reincarnation stage yin, sent me to Diyu which is the realm of the dead or ‘hell’.
So, maybe: related to death and the afterlife? Idk
Also, from chapter 253, TLN: ten kings hall is the temple in hell. Hell has ten kings.
Not a translator so take this as you will.)

Middle:
When I faced that assassin, the reincarnation battle form had not yet stabilized.

Bottom:
Finished Arrangement
The whole time it has been improving. Now that it has stabilized, it took the form of a beauty.
This is the original body of the reincarnated battle form.

Page 8

Top:
I didn’t imagine that the Space Death Formation would take me from Earth to the Hungry Demon Planet, this time it cannot be counted as a calculation mistake.
I couldn’t just do nothing after knowing my friends and family were in danger.
The Dragon Slayer Alliance is much stronger than I thought
(Chapter 253: Lord of Ten King’s Hall uses the Space Death Formation, assuming murderous battle formation of space is that.)

Middle:
Dragon Empress as the only Soul Tier is no longer enough

Bottom:
Monster!! That is a Universe Monster!
Definitely not human
(Original: Has reproductive isolation with humans
So, googling reproductive isolation, an actual term apparently, says that it’s different species of the same type of creature being unable to reproduce and create an offspring.
So basically they are saying that while she looks human, she is most definitely not human.)
Okay, having a battle form beauty is more acceptable for the rest of them.

Page 9

Top:
Okay, having a battle form beauty is more acceptable for the rest of them.
Fortunately it is not the real me that forms the battle bodies.
If the world finds out that the Fleet Admiral of Beiyang a holy of Soul Tier made of holy race corpses, it would be a problem
(Original says admiral of the beiyang is a holy of soul level
Assuming he was referring to him eating the assassin rain master, the lord of ten king’s halls, whose body was made up of modified holy corpses in chapter 258.)

Middle:
The rain master assassins from Ten King’s Hall are rather strong
(Original: The group of murderers of the yushi race (masters of the rain) are really strong
Thought at first it was referring to yuhui? 13 eagles, but then saw masters of the rain so must be Ten King’s Hall since they are all rain masters and murderers keeps popping up in place of assassins.)
They almost forced me to send the real me.
(Alternate: They almost forced me to send my real body.)

Page 10

Top:
Do not look at me like that. I’m not a monster.
Don’t worry, at least I sleep on the floor.
I will not bring you any problems.
Oh yeah, I’m good at cleaning the cover.
(Think cover might be referring to the window of the front of the ship, but on the outside?)
I promise to leave it like a mirror.

Bottom:
Near Hungry Demon Planet there are many monsters and mercenaries.
Each have their own secrets.

Page 11:

Top:
Whether you are a Universe Monster or a Angel Gear, I don’t care.
(Original said Battle Saint instead of Angel Gear. Was pretty sure they were referring to Angels in the fleets, general term is Angel Gear according to early chapters (like chapter 5, iirc), so went with that.)
Just don’t drag us into your problems.
Thanks for the food.
Do not worry, I will not bring you any problems.

Bottom:
Boss, are you from the research team?
We have nothing to hide.
I am Ou Zhili a faculty member of Material Sciences at Polytechnic University in Daxia.

Page 12

Top:
Our boss has the Nobel Prize.
The Number One in the Material Sciences at the University.
Holy Godmother’s Dark Gold Battle Form is a product of her research.
(Believe there was a different term than Dark Gold Battle Form, but is late and am not looking for it right now.)
First of all I’m not from Kunlun.
The problems of their fleet have nothing to do with me.
I have many patents.
It all depends on who offers the most money.

Bottom:
Before, the Qin Family from Dragon Slayer Alliance was chasing you.
They wanted those patents, right?
Why didn’t you sell to them?
I don’t like them.

Page 13:

Top:
Boss…
Be careful, if she gets angry she could destroy the ship.

Middle:
The Boss is a bit strange but she is a good person.
I understand, capable people have character.

Bottom:
Miss Monster, destroying the Qin Family’s Fleet is an offense to Dragon Slayer Alliance.
We are on the same side.
What do you think if we cooperate?
Page 14

Top:
The Fleet Admiral is not here but Beiyang needs to keep running.
I the Military Advisor will assume the position of Fleet Admiral temporarily.

Bottom:
Zhen Yuan will be responsible for reinforcing the defenses.
Protect us from at least the Level 1 Puppets.
The Planet Lord Shenshui will be in charge of training the soldiers.
Now it is time to prepare for battle, you can’t be lax.
How arrogant to talk like that to your Mom.

Page 15

Top:
This is serious, stop joking around.

Bottom:
Planet Lord, the rank of your Daughter is greater than yours and she hit you.
Do you not have any objections?
Since my daughter can take on this responsibility, I’m glad even if she hits me.
Young ladies do not try to sow discord.
If you want to steal my son-in-law do it with dignity.

Interesting Fact of the Day:
Don't drop the soap, you'll catch reproductive isolation...

Fed-Kun's army
@5c00by i wouldnt be surprised if the TLs who picked it up dropped it after everyone fricken complained... thats why i hate people who complain about free service... if you dont like it, LEAVE!

@Nari Well, if nothing else, the pace won't be anywhere near Allen's. Getting raws without issue was something he knew how to do quite well, and then translate directly without any specific need to proofread because his translations were on point. Anyone else who does it needs to acquire raw, translate raw, translate again (cause the people doin it went from Chinese->spanish) and THEN proof-read. So the pace is much slower.

@Nari I wouldn't worry about it too much, if they release they release, sides, even at a release a year they'd still be ahead of tencent(screw them).

The hell, what a shit show. Get free, then they still complaint right and left. Any normal person will drop it already. That why i hate otakus and weeb.

Users who are viewing this thread