Is it possible for this site to shutdown?

Contributor
Is it possible for this site to shutdown?
Of course it's always possible.
Is it going to be because of some Japanese laws which have ZERO jurisdiction on non-Japan countries? No.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@justforthelulz
What if we put all of the servers in international waters? Or even better, make Outer Heaven('s Door), true manga reading without nation.

Contributor
@Richman
“Unfortunately, piracy is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it.”
“Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.”

Dex-chan lover
@xansievera
Go through this thread and find the info yourself. Yeah, I get that people want to know how secure this site is, but this question has been asked a million times over in the past 48 hours. Most people probably think to look for answers to commonly asked questions in obvious places, but I guess there will always be those who keep asking.

Double-page supporter
Out of curiosity whats the difference between this site and others (in this case Kissmanga) ?
For starters, MangaDex isn't garbage and the admins over here aren't retarded.

Dex-chan lover
@xansievera
Advertisement: KM was riddled with ads and they block your IP if you use adblocker. MD doesn't have ads.
IP block: KM blocked a lot of countries' IP, Asia most of all, MD doesn't do that.
Content: KM uploaded official scans and ripped the translation from other sites without any fixs (unless the users nag about it a lot), MD doesn't allow official scans and scanlators are free to withdraw and fix their uploads.
Admins/Owner: KM's owner is known to shut down the site and run when he smells trouble without letting anyone recovers their data. I trust that MD won't do that.

Dex-chan lover
Thinking about it more, it really is shitty of KM's owner to just shut down with no warning. The least he could do after hosting such a shit site would be letting its users backup their follows.

Users who are viewing this thread