Japanese Manga Industry preparing to go after International Manga Sharing Sites

Dex-chan lover
As per NHK Report, Japanese Manga Industry preparing to go after International Manga Sharing Sites, and is seeking for urgent counter measures to shut down sites & apps but by exposing the operators as well.
capture-001-27032024-193359.png

Source:
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20240324/k10014401141000.htmlXNuR

Power Uploader
Those tech illiterate fools have been trying to stop manga piracy since as long as I can remember. Nothing will change.

I'm more interested in the 300 manga piracy sites which are directed at Japanese. It has been a struggle ever since mangamura fell

"... & other SEA countries." You mean the countries where bootleg DVDs and cracked apps are still being sold openly in markets and shopping malls? Where "legit" copies of popular office/creative/productivity apps are sold freely on local e-commerce sites for a fraction of their US prices? Where most if not all local comic publishing companies (who used to publish popular Japanese manga under proper licensing in the 90s and early 00s) are all but dead thanks to the all the aggregate sites? Those countries?

Man, I could really use some of whatever they're smoking over there in Japan. Might be something imported from Korea.

Dex-chan lover
Well, if I wanna read something in French and it's not translated by an official translator, who is gonna really complain if a translation group does it for free? :pacman: A lot of mangas would otherwise not even be known in the West if it wasn't for TL groups.

Dex-chan lover
japan can go f themselves. i like supporting artist directly [for context i have subbed to 3 jp manga artists on twitch, same with about 4 mangaka and a couple of illustrators on fanbox.] piracy is bad notion for manga doesnt make sense . seriously guys how many of the titles youre currently reading would you really pay for? . in my case i would pay for 3 out of the 10 titles i currently read. so me reading it doesnt harm the industry in the first place as i have no intention of buying them. publishers need to get out of the every time a manga is read on a pirate site = no of sales lost mindset. also how many titles would get an official translation . only the popular stuff get them and also the subscription prices are shit. this isnt the time where you need printing costs and stuff like that. so the profit accumulates with the publisher.
piracy is bad
yeah ok i agree when its affordable and easily available but otherwise nah bro

japan should make manga more accessable, make a STEAM version but for manga,

like a site or downloadable platform with a community and everything exactly like steam etc,
webtoons had a much better model than this

Users who are viewing this thread