Isekai Craft Gurashi Jiyu Kimamana Seisan Shoku No Honobono Slow Life - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
Digging a tunnel might seem like a smart idea, but his storage is still only the size of a large warehouse. Even that would seem limited against several thousand tons of mountain. Not to mention he needs to dump that debris somewhere at some point, and I don’t even want to think about factoring in tunnel integrity and ventilation in the equation
You are forgetting the fact that MC is a Crafter.
So all that soil and debris he is dumping into his Warehouse can easily converted into Raw Material for other stuff, which is how he probably created that House in the first place.
As for the tunnel integrity, MC could probably solidify the walls with his Crafter Skills.
As for ventilation, as long as the tunnel is big in size and only few people are crossing, it shouldn't cause immediate issue.

Dex-chan lover
Hear me out: use crafting skills to make a magical zeppelin. It would only be a little bit of a technological revolution.
He would need material for that though.
Just like he can't make a chair without wood, he can't make a Zeppelin without first finding Gas which is lighter than Air, and strong & light fibre which would be able to hold the said Gas without rupturing.

Dex-chan lover
He would need material for that though.
Just like he can't make a chair without wood, he can't make a Zeppelin without first finding Gas which is lighter than Air, and strong & light fibre which would be able to hold the said Gas without rupturing.
Could he take in water, dismantle it into component molecules, then fill the blimp with hydrogen (and pray not to have a repeat of the Hindenburg)?

Dex-chan lover
the man couldn't handle remembering a drain for a bathtub without his supervisor; please do NOT let him try out anything that can go boom even in the best of conditions
I always thought that his crafting came from the game and most likely the game doesn't go to that level of realism to the point of needing players to lay down drain pipes (not really as fun as making fantasy looking buildings after all) so it just slipped his mind?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee: :hearts: :aquadrink:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
Digging a tunnel might seem like a smart idea, but his storage is still only the size of a large warehouse. Even that would seem limited against several thousand tons of mountain. Not to mention he needs to dump that debris somewhere at some point, and I don’t even want to think about factoring in tunnel integrity and ventilation in the equation
Ventilation isn't really an issue when he's excavating large chunks of the mountain all at once; he's not doing a lot of physical exertion and consuming what limited oxygen is located there, then breathing air concentrated with carbon dioxide to the extent of CO2 poisoning while exerting himself. The mass removal of stone followed by its ejection outside the tunnel would also provide more than sufficient pull (via vacuum collapse) and push (via materialization displacement) of further air into the tunnel.

If you mean within the tunnel afterwards, then the draft from one end of the tunnel through to the other end would suffice. The Pausilippo is 4,800 feet long, 25 feet wide, and 30 feet tall, dug entirely by hand, at a rate of 5-7m per day, from both ends. Our boy could easily do that in an hour, if that (emptying his inventory entirely would enable him to dig much further before having to stop, and if he made it much smaller, enough to suffice for two carriages side by side and a bit more for foot traffic, he could delve much, MUCH further in one go). The average mountain varies in width from 3000 feet (reminder for those of us unfamiliar with the conversion, 1 mile is 5280 feet) to 5 miles wide, while large mountain ranges that are many mountains wide vary from 50 to 300 miles in width, depending on where you're measuring at, so it'd only take him a couple days in the worst case scenario of having to go through the wide belt of a range; especially if the Red Cliff team act as porters, ferrying him in and out of the tunnel in shifts.

Dex-chan lover
Liz is a really sympathetic heroine. Pretty rare for an isekai series.
Yeah... I'm surprised by how natural her character is. Unlike most heroine whos was forced to have tragic background, Liz is Liz. She has her ups and downs that's naturally written by the author and comes out not just as 1 dimensional character..

Dex-chan lover
Yeah... I'm surprised by how natural her character is. Unlike most heroine whos was forced to have tragic background, Liz is Liz. She has her ups and downs that's naturally written by the author and comes out not just as 1 dimensional character..
This manga seems to delight in walking up real close to cliches just so it can boop them on the nose and run off laughing.

See also Miyabi and Liz getting mistaken for a couple and, rather than blushing and/or fiercely denying it, they roll their eyes. And rather than it making things awkward afterwards, the two just have a quick chat together that sums up as “well we’re a boy and a girl partying up together, of course everyone’s gonna think that” with neither of them greatly surprised by it.

Dex-chan lover
Could he take in water, dismantle it into component molecules, then fill the blimp with hydrogen (and pray not to have a repeat of the Hindenburg)?
So far, i haven't seen a Series which focuses on crafting powers where the MC was able to breakdown a material further from it's natural state.
Most can give shape (like change trees to wood or creating bricks using soil), or extract minerals (like iron, silver, gold, etc from soil).
But the process of breaking down a natural structure to it's core form is rarely seen using crafting skill, though it's not completely impossible either.

Dex-chan lover
I have come to retroactively award you with bouquet of W's

..WW..
.WWW.
..WW..
..../...
../..
..|..

Dex-chan lover
So far, i haven't seen a Series which focuses on crafting powers where the MC was able to breakdown a material further from it's natural state.
Most can give shape (like change trees to wood or creating bricks using soil), or extract minerals (like iron, silver, gold, etc from soil).
But the process of breaking down a natural structure to it's core form is rarely seen using crafting skill, though it's not completely impossible either.
Would be a cool series, tho, right? Dude who loves scientific knowledge knows all about elements and how things are constructed, gets isekaied an inventory & crafting system (because you don't want to be doing that kind of molecular deconstruction in open air) and is able to essentially create all kinds of new chemical compounds by breaking apart and reassembling elements at the atomic level.

Users who are viewing this thread