Isekai Ekisha no Kissaten - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Hamburgers for the oversleepers

Dex-chan lover
https://mangadex.org/title/30646/isekai-ekisha-no-kissaten/comments/
he removed it then readded

Apparently a different group is also translating. So he deleted it, but then decided to re-load this chapter (maybe from my words?). Either way I'm glad he decided to re-upload it. If they want to respect the other group by stepping aside, that's their choice and their moral code, but I'm glad they are not deleting the work already done. Translating a manga takes work, so I'm glad he is allowing his work to remain.

Group Leader
Just saying, I have ZERO respect for LH. I just know I can't compete with a big group like them when it comes to speed, so I decided to step out.
I mean, it hasn't been one day since I uploaded the damn thing, and someone already told me LH is rushing thing on this just to push chapters out faster than me! Like, come on!

Group Leader
Well, never mind the trivial things. Thanks for scanlating this great story.

Is LH that big? Seems like they're a bit selective on what exactly they keep up to date with. They seem to focus on any series that has any form of competition too (see the manga where they suddenly catch up to the raw seemingly overnight when some no name group puts out a barely coherent release of something they do that hasn't been updated in 4 or 5+ months?) and then everything else. I mean, I love how they're doing a ton of iseki series, but I always feel like they're hugely overstretched on their work.

Fed-Kun's army
It’s sad to hear you are stepping out @Stan-Miller. LHT is a “big” group only because their average quality is always subpar and gaining a fan base of people who only consume day-to-day garbage isekai. I really hope they stay away from quality stuff like this, but obviously otherwise they can’t monopolize on the manga and bring more attention to themselves.

@Jpwong that’s because they really don’t care if we get new updates or not, however they do care if they get traction on their manga. Take a look at the Quartruptlet manga with the tutor MC, /a/ is literally racing vs. then with the release and /a/ has always win quality-wise (while beating them in speed half of the time too). LHT really gives no shit to anything beside how fast they can grab new isekai and popular manga, which is the only category the average readers care about sadly.

Contributor
@|GodGinrai, Yeah so sad. Our discussion about a wife turned into loli catgirl all lost in previous one.

Contributor
@Stan-Miller just comparing your version to LH, I personally think your scanlation (in particular, translation) is, quite blatantly, superior. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't continue this as I'm personally not a big fan of cooking related manga, but just wanted to state this.

I don't really know why LH is disliked (besides from some statements mentioned here), but it does fill me with some sense of... admiration? to know that your group is one of the better ones out there.

@killercool - So the thread does survive deletion. Thanks for giving us the link.

I hope this manga does do something about his wife - that there is a plot significant reason for having this backstory. Unless this manga make a significant turn in tone and direction, it looks like it will be in the similar vein as other "isekai restaurant" stories. Thus, I see two scenarios.

1. A fluffy, slice-of-life, guest/meal-of-the-week a slow build of story of the wife's loss of memory. I'm a sucker for these types of story except there's no chapters for me to binge to try to see if the wife will regain her memory or not.
2. A fluffy, slice-of-life, guest/meal-of-the-week with full fluff with the "wife" with no examination or exploration of her loss of memory. I do not like this thought. It can be the most fluffiest and comfy series but it would just be wrong. I'm struggling to put it into words. There's the obvious horror and open questions about the new "wife". But also a horror when one consider a lot of the genre really like to do wish-fulfillment - like "you're in a new world, here's your wife". In this case, it means the wife got "upgraded", but it's all handwaved away because the MC and cat girl are all happy and fluffy and stuff. Please no, author, plz don't do this.

Dex-chan lover
@Stan-Miller and @Croxx-Over
Fwiw, I think your version shits all over the LHT one, and do I hope you continue (or decide to work with LHT if possible) with this.

Group Leader
Kinda sad his new loli catgirl waifu doesn't have her memories of her time as Yuu though, if she is indeed his wife...Which I think she is considering she was wearing the oversized ring while still holding his hand. I hope they address this in the future.

Would have been interesting to see if he all of a sudden got cat ears himself.

FYI, I much prefer this version over LH.

Users who are viewing this thread