Isekai Kenkokuki - Ch. 61.2

Dex-chan lover
Talking about democracy and all that is of little practical value. Almus's lifespan isn't enough to see it done. The Greek democracy only worked in the city-states, more or less, and it has always been a matter of debate just how much of a democracy it was, instead of a, for example, extremely wide oligarchy/plutocracy. Nevertheless, Almus's countrymen now have no culture of anything like that.

I always thought he would go for absolute monarchy, without feudalism, that is, for his idea of centralisation of power, and... Well, that's pretty much it since he would die of old age before he could start to turn it into democracy. Random villages might already have councils of elders, which he could twist into a more democratic direction. However, there's certainly no magic way to turn the whole Rosice kingdom into a functional democracy in mere years and then have the neighbouring countries' commoners revolt, throw away their rulers, and join Rosice.

If he manages to pull off absolute monarchy, he just needs to have regions overseen by governors, whose positions are not inheritable. Such a governor might be a noble, but the noble's son would need to work damn hard if he wanted to get his dad's position eventually.

Dex-chan lover
Huh. So it seems like Yuria swings both ways. And Tetra doesn't seem to mind at all. Very very good!

That said, though....

I forget, did Almus reveal that he's from another world to his two wives? Because to suddenly be name-dropping the Greeks and talking about their political system, and these two not even bat an eyelash seems kinda weird to me.

Dex-chan lover
1x.webp
Tetra.

Dex-chan lover
Talking about democracy and all that is of little practical value. Almus's lifespan isn't enough to see it done.
Well considering we just saw another Isekai'ed person in the previous part who had been alive for a long time thanks to someone giving her eternal youth. I guess it wouldn't be odd for other ways to extend a person's life as well.

Dex-chan lover
Of all de political systems he could have chosen, he picked the most disfunctional and corrupt...

But democracy is da best, amirite?

Also, it's pretty fucking hilarious how he talks about unifying the continent like a conquering emperor and forcing a democratic system on the people in the same conversation, and sees nothing strange about it.

Also, Tetra's tits got nerfed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread