Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 6 Ch. 42.2

I am so glad this fight wasn't dragged out over multiple chapters, now lets get back to the interesting stuff.

Dex-chan lover
@serkket you are correct, it's a duel that ends in either surrender or death, whichever comes first. Rigar shouted his surrender thus ending the duel. If he were to die after the surrender it would have invalidated the duel.

Aggregator gang
I agree that this was somewhat underwhelming, but I mean, I think it was supposed to be. Rigar is a joke character. He goes out like the joke he is.

Double-page supporter
Woah the dumbass just went and burned out and get totally wrecked.

Well this was pretty okay. I'm now interested in the fallout/rebuilding

@codydub03 your explanation is exactly what i was thinking would happen. gilbet had been 'leader' only cause of birth, just cause recognized as strong no mean is leader. the dip had been relying on brute force the whole time and so sword skill was low. and when meet someone who cant just overpower he lost.

plus he did a tactical stupid by no getting info on opponent, its not like Almus's blessing was a secret.

then there the fact gilbet surrendered, as said in the 1st part of chapter (ch42.1 p 4), is a much worse lose then if killed or koed. so all those calling for death, not great idea its better the ultimate shame of surrender, then kill and be made a martyr and excuse for later conflict.

................... what a fucking farce man. pissing himself isn't even entertaining. i'm not much for being bloodthirsty but i just want that guy out of the story lol

Dex-chan lover
Look, its good and fine that we won and it wasnt that hard, but we needed half chapter for the fight and like five times more of build up.

@inKraken the problem with not killing him is that those fuckers always come back for more later on. Revenge is the dangerous path to let him take when you have so many people depending on you.

thx for translation.
this chp is good imo, like other people said.
but still... i want to see rigar death on that duel.. lol

I expected the fight to last at least one more half-chapter. Rigar weak!
BETTER

He literally had the ability to kill him way earlier if he wasn't so hung up on "testing the waters". Almus, I call bullsht on your humbly arrogant behind.

Fed-Kun's army
@tonie Well, they left out quite a bit from the novel, so this event sort of skipped quite a bit and Rigar is displayed WAY worse... Rigar only ever had arrogance, the strength he displayed is simply from his blessing, and he's basically been spoiled since birth. So, the way they handled it with the manga is way more satisfying than in the novel. I just hope they don't in turn make the novel events a reality - with the excuse of how Almus "cheated" or whatever so then Rigars family declares war even after they lost the duel(which wouldn't really surprise me; not that they'd win either)... Also, the MCs blessing isn't technically "publicly known" I'm sure Rigar could of got that info -- eventually, but not necessarily in time for the duel or with how immediate the war seemed.

I'm shocked there's dudes in the comments were expecting some actual intense fight, its been established the only thing this guy has is his superpower that improves with loyalty and is shit at just about everything else. Meanwhile MC got the same superpower and is actually competent at other things.

It was gonna be a pretty one sided fight, and dudes wondering why he didn't just kill the guy who surrendered. Pretty sure it would've counted as straight up murder in the eyes of nobles. But hey challenging someone to a sacred duel only to surrender and piss himself is a good way to kill a fair amount of political power he had.

Fed-Kun's army
@A31D31N Well, to be fair... People with a blessing are vastly superior, than those without. So, he could of been a little cautious with fighting someone that has his exact same blessing. Which is technically OP in its own way. However, similarly to Rigar case, if you don't utilize your blessing properly, it won't mean anything when he fought someone else with a blessing, which happened to be our MC.

Dex-chan lover
Would not be surprised if antagonist or his family either doesn't accept the result or tries to assassinate the mc. But if it doesn't happen or there's no foreshadowing by the end of the arc, maybe the whole situation is conveniently resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread