Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! - Vol. 6 Ch. 28 - The Second Hero, Eliott I

Dex-chan lover
The fuck was this chapter... Was it a parody or something? It made no sense to me past page 12.

Dex-chan lover
@Charzard4261
Try jisho.org. I threw 感謝 in and it came back with gratitude, no issues. You can throw in an entire sentence and it can identify individual words for you to see one at at time. Perfect if you just need a word-lookup and can understand the grammar. Here's an example. You can click on each highlighted section to get the definitons.
https://jisho.org/search/%E3%81%93%E3%82%8C%E3%81%AF%E7%9F%AD%E3%81%84%E3%83%86%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%81%AE%E6%96%87%E3%81%A7%E3%81%99%E3%80%82

Group Leader
@Swift I've been using that site, hand-drawn lookups and searching by radicals, I only asked for this one because I couldn't find an exact match, and for me gratitude didn't make sense. As many people have helpfully pointed out though, it is actually 感謝.
The problem with that was not that I couldn't find the meaning of 感謝, but I couldn't actually get the kanji and the romanji wasn't provided.

@Kurogwane
Fair point, but the fact that both of the girls have already witnessed the MC do unimaginable things that they couldn't understand and saved both of their lives still remains.

If none of these can earn even a bit of trust that he can at least hold his own against a freshly summoned hero, when his friend who is also a hero is known by White Flame girl to be weaker than MC and is the only one that the other hero can be currently compared with, then I really question the mentality of these girls.

Like, you have a friend that you've witnessed incapacitate 4 thugs holding knives to defend both of you one night, but can't trust him to fight a BJJ Blackbelt in a streetfight in broad daylight.

Or maybe it's just that 'she doesn't want him to fight because he'll likely get hurt, and she doesn't want him to get hurt' trope, which is done in a very misplaced part of the story imo.

Group Leader
@PaterFrog Because a solid 80% of manga chapters end on a cliffhanger, particularly in action manga. You just don't think about them when you're able to read the next chapter right away.

pointless cliffhanger. SPOILER:------------------------------------------------------------- they don't actually fight in the next chapter.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Aggregator gang
@A31D31N I'm late to the part but....

Been a bit since I read this chapter so I may be wrong on some details, but I can understand why she would be hesitant for them to fight for a few reasons:
1 - Like you said she has 1 real point of reference for the power level of a hero. One thing she learned from the MC is that people from another world can be disaster levels of strong. She doesn't know this guy or how strong he actually is. On the Hero power scale is the MC a 10 while this guy is a 5 or is the MC a 5 while this guy is a 10? She has no real way of knowing. Unknown variables, and subsequently underestimating your opponents regardless of how strong you are, like this can be really fucking dangerous. You see a perfect example of this in the newer chapters of
Sousou no Frieren
. Hell MC has taught this lessen to most of his opponents.

2 - At this point I am pretty sure that Mage girl has seen the MC get hurt before, if not too badly. Due to this she knows he is not some invincible badass. If it can be hurt it can be killed.

3 - I don't think this is expressly stated but I'd say mage girl has seen enough to expect it: Collateral Damage. If these 2 go at it it isn't just some barroom brawl. It would be closer to Superman vs The Hulk if the Hero isn't instagibbed. even if you don't worry about damage to the surrounding buildings there would be a bunch of civilians in danger. The fact that the MC and The "Hero" don't step outside before they start getting ready to fight is really stupid. Granted MC might not care about collateral damage, but the Hero should.

That said in the end all of the above is pretty pointless since it was obvious neither girl wanted to go with Douche Hero. Even if it wasn't written on their face the conversation should have been:
DH - "Hey, the Goddess told me to party with you to fight the thing. Oh hey you look pretty and powerful Ms. Mage why don't you come too?"
FMCs (Both) - "Uh, no. We already have a good friend and ally to work with."

At this point it goes one of 2 ways:
Option 1:
DH - "Oh, well... shit. That sucks but whatever." Maybe with a "Lets at least stay in contact in case either groups need help or finds something really dangerous." added on.
Option 2:
DH - "Oh? Then why don't all of us join up and work to eliminate the Demon King?"
MC Party "Uh, no."
DH - *See option 1*

Instead DH seems to have decided to go the "Womenfolk don't have choices/opinions." That or the classic Chuuni route of "I'm the player they are all NPCs so they should obviously be listening/flocking to me.". Regardless I really hate this "Hero" and while I don't hope he dies I would like to see him lose a limb or two only to have the MC re-attach/regrow them. Love seeing cocky shitnuggets get put in their place. It is one reason why I fucking love The Misfit of Demon King Academy. Anos is one of the best at putting cocky dickwaffles in their place.

Oh this hero is not from Japan which is why he is actually trying to fuck the chicks instead of sperging out around them

@saphirekosmos
Again, fair points.
I honestly forgot about the collateral damage. I was too caught up in my own edgy scenario simulator that I forgot there were other people.

I would like to see him lose a limb or two only to have the MC re-attach/regrow them. Love seeing cocky shitnuggets get put in their place. It is one reason why I fucking love The Misfit of Demon King Academy. Anos is one of the best at putting cocky dickwaffles in their place.

Same, same.
I see that you're a man of culture as well.

Aggregator gang
@A31D31N

Most people forget about collateral damage since most comics/books/movies/games/etc. gloss over or ignore it. One of my favorite series, Super Powereds by Drew Hayes (Amazing Audiobook BTW. the VA is good enough that I always forget that there is only 1 dude acting it out.), actually addresses this. Setting is basically My Hero Academia but in College, so the MCs are working to get their Hero certifications. One class they are asked why Heros have to be certified or face legal action if they "Hero" without one. The main answer was that it is required due to insurance companies lobbying for the law. Un-trained Heros cause more collateral damage which makes the companies have to pay out more, so they lobbied for the certification law so that heros have to be trained. Part of said training is minimizing collateral damage when fighting. (Sorry for the rant, this series is in my top 10 favorite book series.)

I do strive to be as cultured as I can be. =D

Aggregator gang
I think I'm starting to understand the goddess side of things a little more than before atleast the part as to why the humans following the goddess ways with absolute straightforwardness are not that righteous either. Evil god and the "good"....I guess this IS a manga which might turn out to be more than just some demon vs human war after all. I see a huge amount of untapped potential if it really decide to explore that side of the plot and more.

Users who are viewing this thread