Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra: Hametsu no Bunmei de Hajimeru Sekai Seifuku - Ch. 25 - Clever Scheme

Dex-chan lover
Those guns are completely out of place and destroy the setting. His character i a heroes of might and magic type so how the fck are there suddenly modern guns? And where did that witch come from? Can we have some story building please...
did you miss the chapter where he found out his emergency production ability could produce items not from his RTS game? He even theorized he could create oil as well, and realized he had like a cheat code.

Dex-chan lover
The old Might and Magic universe has synthetic killer androids (angels), aliens (devils), guns, microwaves, lasers, a 3d printer that can print said guns and all sorts of anachronistic and sci-fi tomfoolery, so your comparison is actually more apt for this manga than detracting from it. Although in my mind Mynoghra suits a setting like Dominions better.
Oh yeah, Mynoghra would fit right in with the empires from any given Dominions game.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, their current technology may not be enough to produce the ammunition. However, if you hand them over they can easily reverse engineer the ammo and produce them without needing you. It's a foolish thought.

Because clearly sword and magic fantasies setting have industrial sections that can produce bullets properly...

Or that mishandling of gunpowder by ignorant workers would soon cut down on the workforce/people willing to work the job.

Or the amount of resources required to create enough supply of it.

Sure maybe given enough time they can make some bullets, but to make enough AND improve their formulae to be comparable to MC using his creation cheat? Very unlikely, many would just take the path of least resistance and come to him instead.

Dex-chan lover
so... not too sure about the Witch. Will she be a friend or foe? Right now I find her ok, since killing those fucks who abuse power, while extreme, is not a bad thing.

anw thanks for the chapter!
Well, she says that a "disaster has been born into this world as a great curse" and she wants to kill it, so I don't think that bodes well for being friends, unless she's not actually talking about MC / Mynoghra like it seems.

Dex-chan lover
Isla's death really did change the guy
To be fair, he probably had issues from the get-go. He struggled with illness all his previous life, and died when he was merely 18 years old. Although he came from a wealthy family, his parents didn't visit him in the hospital. He was always alone. In his current life, there were already hints of such issues. Remember that time when Atou was worried about him being disturbed or hurt in some way from spectating her brutally impaling other humans (due to the connection they share he should have experienced it as if he was there). To her surprise/concern, he seemed to be completely unaffected (he didn't even get what Atou was worried about):

XDWmEMl.jpg
DKI3LZA.png
fxgx5rf.jpg
VMyYYZL.jpg

Dex-chan lover
If I remember the order of events from the novel right, the shits about to hit the fan in the next few chapters...

Fed-Kun's army
Sure, they can pull apart bullets and see that there's explosive powder inside, and see the casings and bullets separately, dismantle the guns... but how do they produce them to within the strict specifications required to get the seals and accuracy? They can't. Not without a very big technological leap forward. At best they could simulate it with much worse copies, which Mynoghra could just wipe out, if need be.
Reminds me of "Release that Witch"! MC introduced flintlock rifles and curb stomped the opposition. Their attempts at reverse engineering it resulted in a bulky hand cannon with awful range and a 1in5 chance of blowing up in the user's face, making the soldiers scared to even touch the thing. And by the time the plan to use them in combat, MC has already implemented revolvers and is working on Machine Guns.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, he probably had issues from the get-go. He struggled with illness all his previous life, and died when he was merely 18 years old. Although he came from a wealthy family, his parents didn't visit him in the hospital. He was always alone. In his current life, there were already hints of such issues. Remember that time when Atou was worried about him being disturbed or hurt in some way from spectating her brutally impaling other humans (due to the connection they share he should have experienced it as if he was there). To her surprise/concern, he seemed to be completely unaffected (he didn't even get what Atou was worried about):

XDWmEMl.jpg
DKI3LZA.png
fxgx5rf.jpg
VMyYYZL.jpg
I absolutely loved that moment, because it really showed that Takuto truly is suited for his place as Ruler of Mynoghra, in spirit as well as form. Thanks for the reminiscing.

@Sads07 You get exactly what I'm talking about! Man, I loved that story, got caught up with it years back and been waiting for it to finish since it takes so long to be translated, but it's well worth the wait, IMO.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, their current technology may not be enough to produce the ammunition. However, if you hand them over they can easily reverse engineer the ammo and produce them without needing you. It's a foolish thought.
You're underestimating just how high up metallic cartridges are in a technology base. We knew about them since before the revolutionary war but the actual techniques and technologies to make them viable didn't appear until nearly 100+ years later. Hell, paper cartridges existed as a stop gap technology for many weapons and those had numerous downsides as well. That's not even getting into the science of ballistics and ensuring that each cartridge is within allowable tolerances (typically between +0.05/-0.05 for sloppy fits, +0.005/-0.005 for typical ones) since going out side of those risks jamming the gun or the round detonating out of battery... and if I remember correctly, in the LN, they had AKs and a Barret .50 cals in that scene (which makes the sisters shooting them standing even crazier since those things weigh about 35-40lbs and generate a fairly sizable amount of recoil).

Someone already posted in here, but the technologies you need for metallic cartridges are:
Case shaping
Bullet casting (for simple lead ball)
Primer manufacturing (this is the huge one. Without primers, metallic cartridges basically aren't feasible)
And gunpowder manufacturing (easiest but also the most dangerous. Also depends on whether or not you make smokeless powder or blackpowder. Using smokeless in a blackpowder weapon is a surefire way to experience a spontaneous disassembly of the weapon)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
LRN2READ
Those guns are completely out of place and destroy the setting. His character i a heroes of might and magic type so how the fck are there suddenly modern guns? And where did that witch come from? Can we have some story building please...
It's literally covered early on that some shit is outside the scope of his emergency provisions ability but he can manipulate it with items that weren't on the restricted list... like guns.

Double-page supporter

XDWmEMl.jpg
DKI3LZA.png
fxgx5rf.jpg
VMyYYZL.jpg
The way others see him is just so creepy and makes everything so much more twisted than it is from our perspective, especially Atou's affection I think.

Someone already posted in here, but the technologies you need for metallic cartridges are:
Case shaping
Bullet casting (for simple lead ball)
Primer manufacturing (this is the huge one. Without primers, metallic cartridges basically aren't feasible)
And gunpowder manufacturing (easiest but also the most dangerous. Also depends on whether or not you make smokeless powder or blackpowder. Using smokeless in a blackpowder weapon is a surefire way to experience a spontaneous disassembly of the weapon)

Counter point: You seem to be assuming a tech level and curve that corresponds to the one we followed in real life, which ignores the existence of magic. For example, an alchemist may be able to trivially create the explosive components or enchantments could be used in place of certain components or to make the tolerances easier to manage. Maybe they could place some fire and wind runes on the hammer and skip the casing altogether.

I'm not saying it would be easy to recreate modern firearms, let alone mass produce them in meaningful quantities, but it also wouldn't be anywhere near impossible and it's a bad idea to underestimate what an entire nation can do if sufficiently motivated.

Users who are viewing this thread