Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra: Hametsu no Bunmei de Hajimeru Sekai Seifuku - Ch. 28 - Regicide

Dex-chan lover
Let me get this straight. This world is governed by gods who enjoy shitty off-brand near universally reviled games? And perhaps only Takuto's game is the one worth playing?
At least it wasn't Valorant

Dex-chan lover
It's not D&D they're using, it's an off-brand tabletop RPG that's near universally reviled in Takuto's original world because the rulebook is complete and utter garbage. Takuto being the munchkin that he is, takes full advantage of this later.
Rules lawyering like a motherfucker. He even makes a comment in the LN that he ALWAYS used the dispute system to the point that he was always kicked from groups for being too good at it.

Okay, I feel like reading this comes with two major issues. 1) The author's power scaling is bonkers. Like we start off with an MC that appears OP but still plays by rules that make sense and seems fair. And then we're introduced to multiple sets of BS rules that piss me off just hearing about. 2) The story the author wants to tell (or seems to) and that readers (or at least I) want to read doesn't match up. The series has presented itself as being one about world building and country management from the start. That's the premise I hopped into. Not this BS isekai battle arena between different game types. If the author has always wanted to write that story then I argue it should have been clear from chapter one. For the longest it's felt like the country management I want to read has taken second fiddle to the machinations of a bunch of various game systems and powers I don't care about. Like we JUST ended the last arc with this BS and the stupid cutscene death. Since then it's felt like I've seen more of the saint and annoying child than I have of our main crew. And now IMMEDIATELY we have to deal with more BS that apparently lasts quite a while.

And then the Manga updates take so painfully slow and according to comments this last a fat minute. I wish I had dropped this back when I still enjoyed it. I mean I don't know why I would have, but it'd mean I'd feel less frustrated now.

It would be nice to have some more back and forth if the series insists on becoming this "battle of the OP isekai'd game types". It feels like it's always a stomp one way or the other. But never an actual interesting portrayal of two equal powers with very different powerful abilities ducking it out on a nation vs nation level.

Ugh, I hate that.
Brainwashing a character for that long is just fridging but in a far more frustrating way where you see a beloved character do disgusting things that breach loyalty except that can't be blamed and it does nothing to further their character or show a complex personality. Honestly it's one of my least favorite tropes in writing because you've just succeeded in making a 2d puppet often just for shock value. They don't get development and none of their personality or character is on the line. Following the event they just get apologized to/for and feel bad about what they did with everyone telling them they had no control. I'd rather someone choose to betray and turn on their allies. At least in that case we see them wrestle with it and what they chose builds more layers to their character and there's so many interesting storylines after that (potdntially; bad writing is always easier than good). This sounds like for an entire arc the literal second character we were introduced to (the character I consider as the second only to the MC in terms of how main character they are) is just completely off the board for the foreseeable future (probably 1 to 2 years if not more at this slow rate) . I BARELY EVEN KNOW HER CHARACTER AS IS.

You know judging from that, I guess the events of this arc (especially compounding the events of the last arc) really propel the MC into something he doesn't really intend to and is prophesized to be. We have seen him show... tendencies that put him at being not completely let's say... well, not completely well (mentally and emotionally). I can imagine something as massive as having Atou brainwashed (who has been his constant since the start of the series and his isekai) and assumably the nation directly attacked really throws him over the edge.
That does kinda make sense for moving the series forward, but it still sounds like this arc is way WAY too long if that's the purpose of it (just to push the MC over the edge and have him go full conquest). Also like this could have been led into much better.

Writing this long behind comment has helped me de-stress over it. I think honestly I'm just going to drop this. Maybe I'll check out the LN and just skip to the end of this arc. Because I don't want to read something so vastly different from what I was interested in from the first chapter and I don't want to have to wait who knows how long to see if maybe this series gets back on track to what I started reading it for.
This arc isn't super long, and likely won't be as long as the LN version since a lot of the main action will do better in a visual medium.

And despite Atou getting snatched, she has a fair amount of screentime this arc, I'd honestly say she's pivotal to it to be honest

This arc sets up the next one to since it's directly about the fallout of everything that happens here.

I do agree about the slow updates though... It pushed me to the LN, but the LN is a good read too. Has an official release up to like vol 4 so far.

Last edited:
Group Leader
reading tl footnotes
yup... it's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

Dex-chan lover
this sucks to read bro. story is so captivating but it takes 2 months to come out and then there's the guy who MTL'd the novel demanding ~50USD for subpar translations.
... you could just read the official english of the novel? its only like 8 bucks on amazon.

The kindle version is only like $8 and goes well beyond this point

the nut’s boss is also a player in this game but for D&D and his ability let’s him get a guarantee Nat 20 on everything he does, so he’s a god who can control any outcome and basically just did a persuasion check to make Atou join her side. She’ll be an enemy for the rest of this arc

Everyone is OP in this series but in a different way and they all play by WILDLY different rules which often counter each others op abilities
Ah, so he's my former Bard character with Glib cast, rolling minimum 35 charisma Checks.

The kindle version is only like $8 and goes well beyond this point

the nut’s boss is also a player in this game but for D&D and his ability let’s him get a guarantee Nat 20 on everything he does, so he’s a god who can control any outcome and basically just did a persuasion check to make Atou join her side. She’ll be an enemy for the rest of this arc

Everyone is OP in this series but in a different way and they all play by WILDLY different rules which often counter each others op abilities
Wow does that ever fucking suck as a plot point. Even if the release pace wasnt abysmal, this arc is clearly a what in the ever loving fuck were you doing author, time to pretend this doesnt exist for a couple years and then just skip this bullshit, type situation

Dex-chan lover
This manga is basically on bi monthly schedule. I wonder if this is because of the mangaka's health issue, the one the put the release on pause for a while.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck that’s annoying. How do you counter a Kritzkrieg without uber?

Supporter
Okay, I feel like reading this comes with two major issues. 1) The author's power scaling is bonkers. Like we start off with an MC that appears OP but still plays by rules that make sense and seems fair. And then we're introduced to multiple sets of BS rules that piss me off just hearing about. 2) The story the author wants to tell (or seems to) and that readers (or at least I) want to read doesn't match up. The series has presented itself as being one about world building and country management from the start. That's the premise I hopped into. Not this BS isekai battle arena between different game types. If the author has always wanted to write that story then I argue it should have been clear from chapter one. For the longest it's felt like the country management I want to read has taken second fiddle to the machinations of a bunch of various game systems and powers I don't care about. Like we JUST ended the last arc with this BS and the stupid cutscene death. Since then it's felt like I've seen more of the saint and annoying child than I have of our main crew. And now IMMEDIATELY we have to deal with more BS that apparently lasts quite a while.

And then the Manga updates take so painfully slow and according to comments this last a fat minute. I wish I had dropped this back when I still enjoyed it. I mean I don't know why I would have, but it'd mean I'd feel less frustrated now.

It would be nice to have some more back and forth if the series insists on becoming this "battle of the OP isekai'd game types". It feels like it's always a stomp one way or the other. But never an actual interesting portrayal of two equal powers with very different powerful abilities ducking it out on a nation vs nation level.

Ugh, I hate that.
Brainwashing a character for that long is just fridging but in a far more frustrating way where you see a beloved character do disgusting things that breach loyalty except that can't be blamed and it does nothing to further their character or show a complex personality. Honestly it's one of my least favorite tropes in writing because you've just succeeded in making a 2d puppet often just for shock value. They don't get development and none of their personality or character is on the line. Following the event they just get apologized to/for and feel bad about what they did with everyone telling them they had no control. I'd rather someone choose to betray and turn on their allies. At least in that case we see them wrestle with it and what they chose builds more layers to their character and there's so many interesting storylines after that (potdntially; bad writing is always easier than good). This sounds like for an entire arc the literal second character we were introduced to (the character I consider as the second only to the MC in terms of how main character they are) is just completely off the board for the foreseeable future (probably 1 to 2 years if not more at this slow rate) . I BARELY EVEN KNOW HER CHARACTER AS IS.

You know judging from that, I guess the events of this arc (especially compounding the events of the last arc) really propel the MC into something he doesn't really intend to and is prophesized to be. We have seen him show... tendencies that put him at being not completely let's say... well, not completely well (mentally and emotionally). I can imagine something as massive as having Atou brainwashed (who has been his constant since the start of the series and his isekai) and assumably the nation directly attacked really throws him over the edge.
That does kinda make sense for moving the series forward, but it still sounds like this arc is way WAY too long if that's the purpose of it (just to push the MC over the edge and have him go full conquest). Also like this could have been led into much better.

Writing this long behind comment has helped me de-stress over it. I think honestly I'm just going to drop this. Maybe I'll check out the LN and just skip to the end of this arc. Because I don't want to read something so vastly different from what I was interested in from the first chapter and I don't want to have to wait who knows how long to see if maybe this series gets back on track to what I started reading it for.

there is some interesting dynamics with the brainwashing since she knows she’s brainwashed and still loves the mc and there’s a fascinating contrast there as she still rants about her love for him after having stabbing him. Also, people keep saying it’s a long arc but it’s one volume. We’ve gotten through 4 volumes so far so it’d probably be only about 7 chapters, at least 2-3 would be the final fight which is my favorite battle In the series.

Supporter
This is not how how D&D works at all!
1st: You cannot persuade a NPC to kill their friend, family, person of importance to them. It is a skill check not magic. No matter how many Nat20 rolled.
2nd: There is only 1 spell that could make Atou behave like this right this instance, Dominate Monster. But that would at max work for 8 hours.
3rd: And this is the biggest shit of them. A DM cant roll for Players and he DEFINITELY cant do anything at all himself(cast spells, use skills etc.) as he does not exist in the world. He does do rolls for NPCs and controlls their behaviour though.
he’s a truly shitty DM and it’s technically not D&D. it’s
“Elemental Ward 4th Edition” But the rules were similar enough that I just called it D&D my bad

Dex-chan lover

Ugh, I hate that.

I totally get you, I was expecting the series to have the "players" be from different factions of the game not to be for different genres of games (reCreators style).

also with how slow the updates are and this cliff, it feels like I wouldn't be that mad at the classic LN ad type of ending, we got that fight of Atou with the holy knights and then we got nothing later, well since her first appeareance (the brain washing witch) I really want to see her get a horrible end or the priest too by now, the friendly skin eatets would be great at that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread