Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra: Hametsu no Bunmei de Hajimeru Sekai Seifuku - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.1 - Clash

Dex-chan lover
I don't quite understand the alignment system. It doesn't seem like they're particularly evil, just by turning to the evil alignment, and the good side doesn't seem particularly good from what we know?

The forest doesnt look too bad from this perspective, i wonder what the knights and mercenaries would feel like when entering it...

Dex-chan lover
@icekatze just... think it as labels. Seeing that even the continent are divided, my guess is that the "good" and "evil" is about which god you are aligning with.

@Terithian
Spoiler regarding expedition team
Everyone will die beacuse of that young knight with him included
Also houses and flesh tree looks more generic that what i imagined they would.

Fed-Kun's army
For ppl that are confuse, Evil dont mean the person or nation is strictly evil, if u ever play any D&D like baldur or Icewind. or for ppl that never play it and heard about Mass Effect its like Pargon or Ranegate (good\evil)
""""""The Alignment System""""

here example:
Neutral Evil is called the "Malefactor" alignment. Characters of this alignment are typically selfish and have no qualms about turning on their allies-of-the-moment. They have no compunctions about harming others to get what they want, but neither will they go out of their way to cause carnage or mayhem when they see no direct benefit to it. They abide by laws for only as long as it is convenient for them. A villain of this alignment can be more dangerous than either Lawful or Chaotic Evil characters, since he is neither bound by any sort of honor or tradition nor disorganized and pointlessly violent.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, look! Info dumps I am going to forget about in a few days, because this comic updates once a month!

another-one-more-i-want-more-give-me-more-gif-4808451.gif

Dex-chan lover
@icekatze @anzuda
@Armsdealer12 @Matt913

Well, most definitions of evil imply that the person (or thing) is immoral and/or have no problem with hurting other people.
Nowadays most people refer to the DnD alignment system for fantasy stories, but its not the only version out there.

In these types of settings being evil usually means that the character doesn't mind hurting and/or exploiting other people for their own gain.
A graverobber, for example, would be evil because he doesn´t think it's wrong to steals from dead people and desecrates tombs, but he doesn't actually enjoy killing people.
( the act of stealing itself isn't the problem here, its the fact he thinks it's ok because dead people don´t need their belongings etc)

Meanwhile, you can also have a person like a corrupt politician or a tyrant who follows the law to the letter but does so in a way that he can exploit and make money of other peoples suffering.
regardless if that includes popping a boner watching lawfully executions of wrongfully committed criminals or not...

The MC is most likely considered evil in this story because the plot demands it and its funny he falls into the corrupt politician category.
Think about what he is actually doing, he is slowly mind-controlling his people and is using artificially created creatures who can barely think for themselves as slave labour.
While also using his subjects as a shield to keep himself ( and his waifu second in command ) safe from harm.

He isn't evil in the way that he wants/ enjoys to hurt people like most second rate Disney villains, he is evil because he is morally corrupt and doesn't care if he does it or not as long as it benefits himself and those he cares about.
Sure he is probably a Lawful- evil character who follows his own code and rules as any good dictator would, he might even have good intentions for doing so.
But despite the fact he cares for his people, he doesn't mind exploiting them for his ( and there's on occasion there own ) good, and that is what makes him "evil".
Basically, he is a godfather type of character from a mafia movie...

Users who are viewing this thread